Share food from your country

B

Ballel

Lol yep when I saw that post right below mine I cringed. Poor little guy doesn't deserve to be rolled like that just so that it can be eaten.
Meat eating vs vegetarianism/veganism is a pretty hard topic for me.

In general, you are right.

But when I have to decide between GMO soy product from destroyed rainforest area at the other end of the world vs eggs/meat from local farm, the latter is the better choice imho.

Meat eating vs vegetarianism/veganism is a pretty hard topic for me.

In general, you are right.

But when I have to decide between GMO soy product from destroyed rainforest area at the other end of the world vs eggs/meat from local farm, the latter is the better choice imho.
That is definitely an issue too but those issues of vegetation are getting better throughout the decades with more localized farming (well at least here in America) however meat is getting worse and worse throughout the decades because humans are eating more and more of it into their diets with every passing year.

B

Ballel

those issues of vegetation are getting better throughout the decades with more localized farming
Nah. I don't know exact figures but how much rainforest is being destroyed every year!?
That's insane amounts.
People should go back to producing more locally and not import everything from other continents, that would be better for everyone.

@Kiwipom

A NYC Classic - Chicken Over Rice
(And for those wondering Halal Guys is no longer worth getting if you're in NYC since their methods/quality of serving meats have severely diminished ever since they started going 'corporate' and expanding in the US aka it went from freshly grilled halal butchered chicken made to order to now pulled breast meat chicken 'cooked' hours before the food truck/store even opens. You're better off visiting any local bodega or Shah's Halal, a much better run Halal Chicken Over Rice franchise store)

Post automatically merged:

Most have went up from $5 to $8-9 due to the pandemic but remains one of the best bang for your buck meals in NYC even over Chopped Cheese imo

yum all those disshes look so good I wanna try especially the butter naan and butter chicken, Taiwanese popcorn chicken, egg roll, and Boba

@Kiwipom what is in that boba?

Our cuisine is really one of the best and I advice everyone to try it at any middle eastern restaurant if they can :shocking:
Its basically brown sugar caramel milk btw

Last edited:
@Kiwipom

A NYC Classic - Chicken Over Rice
(And for those wondering Halal Guys is no longer worth getting if you're in NYC since their methods/quality of serving meats have severely diminished ever since they started going 'corporate' and expanding in the US aka it went from freshly grilled halal butchered chicken made to order to now pulled breast meat chicken 'cooked' hours before the food truck/store even opens. You're better off visiting any local bodega or Shah's Halal, a much better run Halal Chicken Over Rice franchise store)

Most have went up from $5 to $8-9 due to the pandemic but remains one of the best bang for you buck meals in NYC even over Chopped Cheese imo

Its basically brown sugar caramel milk btw
Reminds me a lot of Kebab somehow

Reminds me a lot of Kebab somehow
it originated from Pakistan/Yemeni and other Muslim ethnicities that emigrated from the Middle East to NYC, and got extremely popular by word of mouth by Muslim Cab/Taxi Drivers in NYC looking for a cheap but filling meal. Mostly inspired by rice pilafs, etc and allowed Muslim vendors to actually cook something that wasn't just for hot dogs carts (hence why these types of foods are basically non-existent rn in NY)