Manga Discussion Shonen Jump TOC and minor series

ToC thoughts
top 4 are expected but Mitama makes 5th place, has it improved cause i ditched it after 8 chapters
Mashle, Undead and Yozakura in the bottom half but I think they'll survive as Bone Collection is average, Moriking will not take votes from Mashle or Mitama so those will be our bottom buffers once Guardian and Agravity End.
I have high hopes for Time Paradox, it's an interesting mix of Bakuman and Stein's Gate, I wonder what direction the story could go in.

As for the half year sales. KnY is much easier to jump into with only 19 volumes available its easy to catch up in a couple months, we had something similar 10 years ago with Marineford era One Piece but that had 55 volumes of content and so less would be willing to jump aboard and its even worse to attract new readers nowadays with 95 volumes to catch up on, thats a huge monetary investment.
Does Jump do the box set kind of deal that Viz does cause that could help OP jump in sales if they offer that kind of entry method.
Post automatically merged:

Well Yuna you had a great run for always being near the bottom so long.
Neverland ends next, cant believe its over already, i still remember reading chapter 1 lol
Yabuki Kentaro is back!!!! hell yes cmon Ayakashi triangle can you be as good as Black Cat? I look forward to finding out.

ToC thoughts
Top 5 is pretty normal, no surprises.
Honestly shocked that Mitama is doing so well, maybe i should continue it, last chapter i read was chapter 8.
Undead Unluck up to 7th, finally Japan gets voting, keep it up cause this series is awesome
Guardian isn't amazing but its better than Agravity, doenst deserve to be last, Hope it can survive long enough for Bone Collection and Moriking to hopefully buffer it cause those 2 suck.

Last weeks chapters
Undead Unluck continues to blow away all other new manga, I love the charcters and the way the fight with Voctor played out was hilarious and awesome.
Time Paradox Ghostwriter, cant believe how much i like this, i never expected it to be this interesting, the misunderstanding was hilarious and the new rivalry between the main guy and the girl is interesting.
Mashle had a good chapter with our first encounter being Mash and the new villain.
Yozakura was pretty good too, I like the dog its cool.
Guardian is predictable but fun, if it can get onto a new arc hopefully it can grow.
Morking, dull and boring, not much to say.
Bone Collection, so generic it hurts, i dont see how its any better than Bozebeats or Hell Warden for exorcist manga, its worse than them. if this survives i'll be stunned

Last edited:

Akai2

๐Ÿ†‰๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…บ!
โ€Ž
Time Paradox Ghostwriter, cant believe how much i like this, i never expected it to be this interesting, the misunderstanding was hilarious and the new rivalry between the main guy and the girl is interesting.
I'm glad someone else is enjoying TpG.

The main character's concept is pretty unique for a Jump manga. His philosophy of "being just for enjoyment" and not "having anything to say through your work" aligns closely with a lot of what I look for in entertainment.

It's obviously still only 3 chapters, but it's a promising start. Just not sure how the young teens that decide the fate of such series would accept a plagiarizing main character who's empty and doesn't preach "justice". We'll see.

Moriking is 3rd wtf O_O seriously
WE never learn being last is a shock.
the rest of the toc is pretty much normal.

Undead continues to be the best of the new bunch easily

Bone collection is 4th.....really japan you had bozebeats and hell warden if you wanted a second exorcist series and instead of voting for them you vote for the most dull, generic, bland, boring battle manga i've seen in ages.
Moriking continues strong at 6, what is japans obsession with bugs.
Black clover being 11th is a shock.
Undead Unluck finally gets into that top 5, hell yes, something good at last but...
Yozakura is last :'( well if i remember right i think the ranked chapters is the oen with the brother trying live normally at school and those are the two worst chapters in the series imo.

I dont get it, how is Moriking ranking so well, its the most boring gag manga in the magazine.
again Bone collection is in the top 5, why japan, you have had series loke Bozebeats, Hell Warden, Last Saiyuki, all of which were better exorcist style manga but this crap is what you rank highly, the most dull, boring and generic battle manga in a decade. How is it higher than Undead x Unluck which is unique and interesting ffs.
I'm losing faith in this magazine if those 2 kinds of manga are its future.

top 6 are standard now, no idea why moriking is doing so well
Time Paradox begins at 9th :( hopefully in 6 weeks when we get chapter 7s rank it'll jump in the toc.
Undead and Yozakura avoid the bottom 5 :)
Bone Collection collapsed with chapter 3 XD well chapter 3 sucked so i see why.

Yozakura and Undead are in the top 5 :D hell yes
Bone collection is down lol

Chainsawman is recovering now that all the confusing crap is over.
Undead still in the top 5, hell yes :D
after its great ranking last week, Yozakura drops to 10th, look Gondaira people clearly like it when you focus on the main plot of Tanpopo, lets stick to that and leave the wacky comedy stuff behind for a while.
Not good for Time Paradox but its the ranking in 4 issues that we're waiting for once the main plot kicks in.
Bone Collection is super average lol but nothing in the magazine is worse than agravity boys, that manga sucks.

Last edited:
Thought having this would be an interesting idea, to keep track of weekly shonen jump in general.
Can keep an eye on all the new series, see how they do and discuss the series not qualified for their own threads.

anyway here's this weeks ToC.

Moriking is a new gag manga - I really don't know why Jump needs a 4th gag Manga, Mashle is already killing Mitama and Agravity so Moriking i dont see much of a future for.
The Big hitters all rank well of course.
I hate Undead being ranked so low, it was doing so well for its first few chapters, don't let me down Japan, Undead deserves to survive!. The Good news is that Undead Unluck volume 1 has went to reprint so there's hope :)
I Like Mission Yozakura and Guardian of the Witch but while Yozakura has volumes being reprinted Guardian has had no such announcement for its volume 1 so it's not looking good for it.
How do you get this ranking, I've been searching for ages. Should I write in Japanese in my browser? If so, you translated them for us?

I did not expect Ayakashi to debut at #3, thats surprising
Yozakura out the bottom 5 :)
Mitama Security is over, it was ok but there's just too many gag manga right now that they're cannabalizing votes for one another.

no clue about any of the new series, but the art for the one in issue 40 looks horrible lol and burn the witch would have my interest but its only 4 chapters.

Magu debuts at number 4 and ayakashi stays in the top half
so long Bone Collection, you were just too generic.

Last edited:
Why did this thread die? It seemed like a great idea and I was hoping to jump (no pun intended) right into the discussion.
Simply put because no one talked about anything and if no talks about anything then interest in keeping it going dies.

Roboco, PPPPPP, Witch Watch and Blue Box being ahead of series like Doron and Ayashimon annoy me.
at least the top 5 looks good with the exception of akane banashi , is a series about rakugo really that interesting, definitely a culture thing here.

Simply put because no one talked about anything and if no talks about anything then interest in keeping it going dies.
It more a question of why interest died? It seems like a great idea and I will help to keep it going. Thanks for your reply

Roboco, PPPPPP, Witch Watch and Blue Box being ahead of series like Doron and Ayashimon annoy me.
at least the top 5 looks good with the exception of akane banashi , is a series about rakugo really that interesting, definitely a culture thing here.
A read the first chapter of Doron and I like it, I will read some more today and see how I feel about it. The other series you listed that are ahead of it have not interested me but for the sake of the thread I should read all of their first chapters.

Mashle #13? WTAF!?!?!?! I do not like these rankings.

Seems Japan doesn't like the battle manga direction the series has taken during the last few months, they want the gag manga it started as. i think battle manga might be a dying breed in jump.
Though it isn't as gag heavy as the early chapter it still makes use of many gags. With WSJ opening their platform to all users the way they have they should open the weekly poles up too. I mean I pay for Viz, my voice should be heard too.

Though it isn't as gag heavy as the early chapter it still makes use of many gags. With WSJ opening their platform to all users the way they have they should open the weekly poles up too. I mean I pay for Viz, my voice should be heard too.
100% this.
Shonen jump is worldwide now, if the west had a say then red hood would probably still be going.
It's also annoying that our volume releases are still a year behind japan's too, why is it a whole extra year's wait for us to get volume 100 of one piece, if the chapters can be released simultaneously then so can the volumes