Shoujo series discussion thread

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Come talk about your favourite shoujo series or movies. It doesn't have to be strictly shoujo, if it is wholesome, heartwarming, romantic, slice of life etc it belongs to this thread too!! :sweat:

A few titles that I like:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I've actually read/watched a couple of shoujo lol.

Ouran Highschool Host Club-the best I've seen and the anime version is good too. A true classic.

Kimi no Todoke- Never finished. Only read around 10 chapters. Decent so far.

Orange Marmalade- Also decent. Only read around 30 chapters but it's a finished series.

Vampire Knight- one of the worst shit I've ever seen. Saw it years ago when I was still in high school.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
I've actually read/watched a couple of shoujo lol.

Ouran Highschool Host Club-the best I've seen and the anime version is good too. A true classic.

Kimi no Todoke- Never finished. Only read around 10 chapters. Decent so far.

Orange Marmalade- Also decent. Only read around 30 chapters but it's a finished series.

Vampire Knight- one of the worst shit I've ever seen. Saw it years ago when I was still in high school.
Lmao was Vampire Knight that bad? I’ve never seen it but heard of it lot

Shoooo
Haters aren’t welcomed :lusalty:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Lmao was Vampire Knight that bad? I’ve never seen it but heard of it lot

Shoooo
Haters aren’t welcomed :lusalty:
Vampire Knight was HORRIBLE. Turns down the guy who's been with her from the beginning and she herself admitted she loves him, but goes with the other cause she felt 'obligated to the do it.' Oh and the guy she got with was her first cousin....

The only Shoujo serie i watched was Nana

I was forced to watch it tho :pepeke: But it was interesting at least
I completely forgot about NaNa. It's the first anime I saw that showed "life is hard." I was still in high school when I first watched it and I remember being so taken aback, given how most of shows back then had some fantasy mixed in.

Shoujo, most of CLAMP stories are of this genre, but despite the so called romantic and fluffy genre there is a lot of dark and questionable stuff in their works which make them some of my favourite authors.

From Cardcaptor Sakura

To x1999

...17 years and i'm still waiting for this manga to come back :feelscryingman:

---

There is also Fruits Basket, one of my favourite series that is getting a remake, this time following the story of the manga; i like the 2001 series but as adaptation it really sucks x')

---

A thread about shoujo without any mention of Sailor Moon and Candy Candy should be illegal so here it is ~

The 90's was such a good era, the amount of anime was incredible :')

Note: If you give Candy Candy a try keep in mind that this series is from the 70's and there is a lot of tropes that didn't age well :catsweat: