Character Discussion Should Buggy have potential?

Do you think buggy has potential to be strong? Would you even want him to be strong?

Ambition wise he’s definitely comparable to the other emperors. With buggy like them also wanting to go after the one piece. Him even willing to risk his life to claim his desire in front of crocodile and mihawk. On top of that he was also able to inspire all of cross guild to help him while helping bring back their old forgotten ambitions.

As for how he can grow stronger mihawk and crocodile could be the perfect trainers. Crocodile with his vast knowledge of devil fruit and tricks + mihawk with his knowledge of chopping and haki.
If they’re going to try and help him become pirate king might as well help him gain power
:handsup:
As for how likely it is idk probably not much but it could be funny buggy actually being able to live up to the expectations people have of him

Buggy has the potential to be just as powerful, but he will never be because he is the antithesis to Luffy. Think about it, he's the opposite, Luffy deflects bullets and impacts but swords and sharp objects can hurt him, while Buggy can dodge swords with ease along with any projectile he sees coming. He has a much more versatile parmecia type but he never puts it to good use. As Luffy's antithesis, he's a coward while Luffy never fears a fight (unless of course his crew is threatened). If you think of some of the most powerful devil fruit abilities such as Law, Buggy router login 192.168.l.l.link/ has an obvious advantage as he can be cut up as many times as possible and still come back together and STILL have control over the parts that have been cut. If Buggy were to ever overcome his cowardice and have the mindset of Luffy he could potentially be on par with Luffy, and be a real contender for the One Piece.

Last edited:
I suspect Buggy will get an upgrade to his skillset...

It may not make him, "powerful" in the typical way. Instead, he may be more cunning than he is outright powerful.

Buggy was not injured in Impel Down or MF, Including being attacked by Akainu. That is pretty impressive, if you ask me. Buggy made Akainu look like an immobile, angry pit of lava.

Buggy also has the same, unique ability as Luffy: able to gather allies to his cause.

Last edited:
Buggys potential will at best be explored if he has a Seraphim version of himself that is actually busted to reflect that he could have been a monster like Shanks if he did not decline/turn down his offer to join Shanks crew. But the actual Buggy? Nah, no chance.

Listen, I like Mihawk and I like Crocodile, but they are NOT making a true Yonko out of fucking Buggy. Oda could have made him OP if he had intended to ever do it via the two year time-skip. But he didnt. And unless you think Oda does another one of those, Buggy has no chance. Hell Oda has done the opposite of a time-skip via everything taking place in a super short amount of time since Fishman Island.

Are you about to tell me that in the one or two months that the Strawhats spend on Elbaf Buggy could become a Yonko from being trained by Mihawk and Crocodile? Who for the record would probably kill him out of sheer annoyance of having to deal with him WAY before ever succeeding in making a Top Tier out of Buggy?

I just don't see it.

:mihugh:

Buggys potential will at best be explored if he has a Seraphim version of himself that is actually busted to reflect that he could have been a monster like Shanks if he did not decline/turn down his offer to join Shanks crew. But the actual Buggy? Nah, no chance.

Listen, I like Mihawk and I like Crocodile, but they are NOT making a true Yonko out of fucking Buggy. Oda could have made him OP if he had intended to ever do it via the two year time-skip. But he didnt. And unless you think Oda does another one of those, Buggy has no chance. Hell Oda has done the opposite of a time-skip via everything taking place in a super short amount of time since Fishman Island.

Are you about to tell me that in the one or two months that the Strawhats spend on Elbaf Buggy could become a Yonko from being trained by Mihawk and Crocodile? Who for the record would probably kill him out of sheer annoyance of having to deal with him WAY before ever succeeding in making a Top Tier out of Buggy?

I just don't see it.

:mihugh:
It could always be excused by latent potential or something like that. Like buggy always having the means but just needing the correct motivation idk