Future Events Should Someone Else Take Over?

How Much Is Too Much?

• Total voters

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I’ve asked this before, and considering current events, I think it’s fair to ask again - do you think Oda should keep writing One Piece?? To be clear, I know there’s absolutely no chance he would be replaced as long as he’s alive and (somewhat) well…but with the rushed ending of a very uneven arc, one meant to be the culmination of everything we’ve seen since the Straw Hats entered the New World and even plot lines first referenced in the first half (or, I guess, first third?) of the series, do y’all feel like he deserves to finish his story, or is there a certain point where someone should take his storyboards and try to make them into a cohesive ending?? I’m sure you will keep your responses as respectful as ever :luffyswat:

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
Honestly I don't think we're at a point where Oda needs to be driven off despite how uneven Wano was. I think this break he's taking may be a way to get his shit together and consolidate the story amongst other things, because excessive editor interference will only end poorly, that much is certain (and I really can't see any other writer effectively take over OP, personally). That being said, yeah, I think as things stand we're at a crossroads of either it's gonna get a LOT worse, or a LOT better, and here's hoping it's not the former :josad:
Anyway most Wano issues for me stem from pacing, not really content, I still liked it overall

Last edited:
It's his story and we should respect whatever he wants to do with it, regardless of how bad we think it gets.

Like imagine if you were writting a series of books and at some point your publisher was like: "Nah Jewnicorn your story is getting pretty mid, we need that money so we're letting Carlos here finish it for you".

Fuck Carlos.

well mostly ZKK fans would like to see Oda replaced :D lol
it doesn't matter if you like it or not the history is his and he is free to write it the way he wants.
Having unrealistic expectation is not Oda's fault. It is obvious Luffy was the one who will take down Kaido and there is no way in Hell Oda was going to give Zoro a better feat than Luffy.
Oda rushing the end of Wano is a fact but i think it is more because he wants to hide something related to the end of story. it would not as half as exciting if we could guess the end.

I’ve asked this before, and considering current events, I think it’s fair to ask again - do you think Oda should keep writing One Piece?? To be clear, I know there’s absolutely no chance he would be replaced as long as he’s alive and (somewhat) well…but with the rushed ending of a very uneven arc, one meant to be the culmination of everything we’ve seen since the Straw Hats entered the New World and even plot lines first referenced in the first half (or, I guess, first third?) of the series, do y’all feel like he deserves to finish his story, or is there a certain point where someone should take his storyboards and try to make them into a cohesive ending?? I’m sure you will keep your responses as respectful as ever :luffyswat:
The main issue is exhaustion imo. The man must be unbelievably tired since he must write and draw everything on a weekly basis. My suggestion for Oda:

- Take a long break like a 3 month

- The first month is for vacation and healing only. He may get amazing story inspiration from seeing beautiful landscapes, meeting people, fresh air etc. He desperately needs this refreshing for general plot of the final saga and each distinct arcs within that saga. In the final week, he can begin to take notes from his experience to be used in the manga.

- The 2nd month is for him to meet other great storytellers, writers, mangakas to receive ideas. Keep his mind open for execution, making payoff from each build-ups, efficient pacing and minimizing dragging, finishing loose ends, power system, powerscaling, lore application in plot and character development, plot twist and reveal, etc

- The 3rd month is finalization of story draft. Give every ounce of energy into writing a good and compelling story.

---

Tips for during the weekly routine:

- Only draw the MAIN characters and MAIN villains, the assistants can draw the measly Gifters and Numbers and Scabbards and Enraged Armies etc.

- Only draw the basic concept draft of each island, let the assistant apply them in each detailed panels during the arc, except for double spreads which Oda can draw. Only draw the unique landscape when no one else can. Don't be greedy and draw every ordinary house and building, since Oda must focus his energy on contemplating and finally drawing the perfect angle and scenes in decisive moments and battles that matter.

- Remember that Oda can always make variations and distinctions of general plot progression in each arc. Oda doesnt have to stick to a war theme to overthrow the evil king which culminates in 1v1s for each arc. There are always adventure plot, treasure hunt plot, assassination plot, naval battle plot, deceiving each other plot, etc

- Don't be aftaid to kill, torture, develop, execute your characters since you wanna draw a manga about pirates

- make hentai scenes

---

:josad:

Last edited:
well mostly ZKK fans would like to see Oda replaced :D lol
it doesn't matter if you like it or not the history is his and he is free to write it the way he wants.
Having unrealistic expectation is not Oda's fault. It is obvious Luffy was the one who will take down Kaido and there is no way in Hell Oda was going to give Zoro a better feat than Luffy.
Oda rushing the end of Wano is a fact but i think it is more because he wants to hide something related to the end of story. it would not as half as exciting if we could guess the end.
If zoro fans want ZKK that much, they should write and read the story by themself

G

Gorosei Informer

The main issue is exhaustion imo. The man must be unbelievably tired since he must write and draw everything on a weekly basis. My suggestion for Oda:

- Take a long break like a 3 month

- The first month is for vacation and healing only. He may get amazing story inspiration from seeing beautiful landscapes, meeting people, fresh air etc. He desperately needs this refreshing for general plot of the final saga and each distinct arcs within that saga. In the final week, he can begin to take notes from his experience to be used in the manga.

- The 2nd month is for him to meet other great storytellers or mangakas to receive ideas. Keep his mind open for execution, making payoff from each build-ups, efficient pacing and minimizing dragging, finishing loose ends, power system, powerscaling, lore application in plot and character development, plot twist and reveal, etc

- The 3rd month is finalization of story draft. Give every ounce of energy into writing a good and compelling story.

- Only draw the MAIN characters, the assistants can draw the measly Gifters and Numbers and Scabbards and Enraged Armies etc.

- Only draw the basic concept draft of each island, let the assistant apply them in each detailed panels during the arc, except for double spreads which Oda can draw. Only draw the unique landscape when no one else can. Don't be greedy and draw every ordinary house and building, since Oda must focus his energy on contemplating and finally drawing the perfect angle and scenes in decisive moments and battles that matter.

- Don't be aftaid to kill, torture, develop, execute your characters since you wanna draw a manga about pirates

- make hentai scenes

---

:josad:
This is some serious good advice! Really would make such an immensely positive difference imo and I love your 3 month idea and thus what you suggested for each month.

Just because your headcannon which would send One Piece down the drain didn't come true, you want Oda to stop writing? Well, One Piece is way way popular and there are 2x more people who like what is happening than those who don't so who don't like it don't matter a tiny bit. A manga is run by the people who like it and not by lousy haters. So as long as there are more people that like the story, It'll go on and we read what the writer has in store. One Piece is One Piece because of the story that Oda wants to tell. He is not perfect, nobody is but this thread is utter stupid. If you don't like the story you can leave it. Nothing is going to happen. Absolutely nothing. Rushed ending and uneven arc is subjective. More people like it than those who don't. The people that don't like it don't matter mate. It doesn't matter if 40% don't like it, it will be run by the 60% that like it. For me whatever problems you have with it is totally absurd become when you re read Wano in one Go you'll laugh at yourself for calling it rushed. This has gone for far too long. For an example People think Yasuie and Denjiro haven't done shit when in reality whatever they have done for 20 years is the reason the raid was alive and successful. So instead of trying to find subjective faults that don't matter a bit andchoking up on one's own headcannon, its better to just read what the writer wants to say or leave it if you don't like it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Just because your headcannon which would send One Piece down the drain didn't come true, you want Oda to stop writing? Well, One Piece is way way popular and there are 2x more people who like what is happening than those who don't so who don't like it don't matter a tiny bit. A manga is run by the people who like it and not by lousy haters. So as long as there are more people that like the story, It'll go on and we read what the writer has in store. One Piece is One Piece because of the story that Oda wants to tell. He is not perfect, nobody is but this thread is utter stupid. If you don't like the story you can leave it. Nothing is going to happen. Absolutely nothing. Rushed ending and uneven arc is subjective. More people like it than those who don't. The people that don't like it don't matter mate. It doesn't matter if 40% don't like it, it will be run by the 60% that like it. For me whatever problems you have with it is totally absurd become when you re read Wano in one Go you'll laugh at yourself for calling it rushed. This has gone for far too long. For an example People think Yasuie and Denjiro haven't done shit when in reality whatever they have done for 20 years is the reason the raid was alive and successful. So instead of trying to find subjective faults that don't matter a bit andchoking up on one's own headcannon, its better to just read what the writer wants to say or leave it if you don't like it.
Hope he sees this, and that he says he loves you too :sweat: