Future Events Should Someone Else Take Over?

How Much Is Too Much?

• Total voters
or is there a certain point where someone should take his storyboards and try to make them into a cohesive ending?? I’m sure you will keep your responses as respectful as ever
Definitely yes!!! Let me make my case for that: Oda is not just out of shape as an author–in terms of mental health–but he's also too old to care. You need someone relatively young (late 20s early 30s) both for mental health and for motivation, drive, creativity etc. While there are anothers who maintain their creativity even in their maturity, it's definitely not case the with Oda, he clearly has lost his creativity, at least partly. In terms of motivation he's as low as it gets, he clearly wants to finish as fast as possible while still stretching the story–if that makes sense to you. Ether way, I do believe that a younger author with Oda's supervision would be a perfect combination for one piece, but for one piece to be saved, it should have happened much earlier, before WCI would be perfect. If a new younger author took over one piece somewhere in Zou, then it would have been saved, but right now it's too late.

Last edited:
His idea of ending the series "fast" is definitely killing off a lot of the momentum in the manga.
Post automatically merged:

well mostly ZKK fans would like to see Oda replaced :D lol
it doesn't matter if you like it or not the history is his and he is free to write it the way he wants.
Having unrealistic expectation is not Oda's fault. It is obvious Luffy was the one who will take down Kaido and there is no way in Hell Oda was going to give Zoro a better feat than Luffy.
Oda rushing the end of Wano is a fact but i think it is more because he wants to hide something related to the end of story. it would not as half as exciting if we could guess the end.
Zkk is irrelevant mate.
The rushed and odd pace of the series is felt by everyone.
You are giving z fans too much power lol

Last edited:
No, it's his story and he should be the one to finish it.

The only time it would maybe be ok for someone else to take over is if something bad happened to Oda, also it doesn't matter if some people don't like what happening to the series because at the end of the day it's Oda's story and he gets to do whatever he wants.

The one thing I think should happen is for Oda to take more breaks.

I think Oda just has too many yes men editors. He needs someone to tell him "no" every once in a while. They need to cut down on characters introduced and just because Oda gets a design for a new character in his head it doesn't mean it needs to be in the manga. Send it off to Bandai Namco for OP video games or whatever.