Shunsuiju is Heavenly King Level

How Strong Is Shunsuiju?

• Total voters
Keisha > the Heavenly Kings at least. He legit almost defeated Duke Hyou which I don’t think the Heavenly Kings can accomplish
Offensively Gyou Un > Keisha but I’d give Keisha the W overall.
I think it's a bit harsh to say Keisha almost defeated Duke Hyou without considering the major numerical advantage, and that Keisha himself being a rare type of instinctual generals that the Duke was not very familiar with, basically his worst possible matchup.
The Duke for example breezed through Riboku's formations and would've claimed his head if not for Houken.

Keisha is still one hell of a general but I think putting him above the Heavenly Kings is an exaggeration based on that feat only.
He's on their level imo

The way Chougaryuu said it here, it seemed like a tall order even for the Bananji, Riboku's Deputy, to be considered Heavenly King level

Bananji himself compared Chougaryuu and Gyouun to the Heavenly Kings

SSJ is smart but when you put him next to Genpou, it's hard to see it.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I think it's a bit harsh to say Keisha almost defeated Duke Hyou without considering the major numerical advantage, and that Keisha himself being a rare type of instinctual generals that the Duke was not very familiar with, basically his worst possible matchup.
The Duke for example breezed through Riboku's formations and would've claimed his head if not for Houken.

Keisha is still one hell of a general but I think putting him above the Heavenly Kings is an exaggeration based on that feat only.
He's on their level imo

The way Chougaryuu said it here, it seemed like a tall order even for the Bananji, Riboku's Deputy, to be considered Heavenly King level

Bananji himself compared Chougaryuu and Gyouun to the Heavenly Kings

SSJ is smart but when you put him next to Genpou, it's hard to see it.
Genpou really only has hype and not really spectacular feats, Shunsuiju is the opposite. Almost no hype but has very strong feats against 6GG level commanders.

Genpou really only has hype and not really spectacular feats, Shunsuiju is the opposite. Almost no hype but has very strong feats against 6GG level commanders.
Genpou didn't last much on screen (still gave warfare lessons to Shin and company though lol, who then went on to defeat Rinko the same arc)...but he honestly found the worst possible opponent in Kanki lol.

Last edited:
Tbf it's harsh to compare SSJ with Genpou, the latter is Heavenly Kings+ level considering he's been stated as someone competent enough to head the military affairs of the entirety of Zhao.
It's kinda sad that he had to serve as hypetool for a devious general like Kanki, the fact that Kanki called him trash doesn't help too lmao

2. When Ousen, Yotanwa, and Kanki were all invading Zhao, Riboku tasked Shunsuiju with defeating Yotanwa, and long story short his Quanrong strategy and various tactics nearly succeeded. This feat by itself is arguably a Heavenly King level feat, as Shunsuiju’s strategy resulted in a Qin 6GG level commander having her forces devastated and Zhao came very close to winning that battle
This specific battle was inherently extremely disadvantagous to Qin
Iirc the battle started with a 1:2 numerical disadvantage and that is before a massive Quanrong army ambushed them.
SSJ best quality in this battle was his ability to tame Rozo

3. Shunsuiju’s Atsuyo defense (Riboku helped) resulted in Ousen’s army suffering huge casualties and ultimately resulted in Ousen being stalled out at Atsuyo. This is an especially big deal as Ousen is known as a strong siege commander. Shunsuiju lead this defense from inside the city and escaped back into Zhao even as Ousen captured the city
Riboku conjured the plan here, and it's not a plan that would work under normal circumstances as these were Kochou's remnants whom bascially went suicidal on Qin

1. 3 years ago, Shunsuiju was the first Zhao general to realize that Qin was planning to attack Zhao from the South and not the North
4. And just recently at Sekirei, Shunsuiju’s poison strategy resulted in Heki’s survivor army being annihilated before they could even muster up a defense.
These are great feats of intelligence

Overall SSJ is a pretty smart guy, but I don't believe he can function autonomously as well as the Heavenly Kings do.
He's a pretty weird general to describe, I don't think there's a similar type of general to be frank. He's just not well rounded.

Gyouun
Chougaryuu
Kaishibou
Rinko
Genpou
Kyou En
Bananji
These are generals we know as Heavenly King level, would you assign SSJ the command of one of your wings over these guys?

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Gyouun
Chougaryuu
Kaishibou
Rinko
Genpou
Kyou En
Bananji
These are generals we know as Heavenly King level, would you assign SSJ the command of one of your wings over these guys?
Shunsuiju is definitely more of a strategist than a battlefield commander from what we’ve seen, similar to Ousen his primary strength lies in manipulating the field of battle before the battle ever begins rather than focusing purely on army vs army tactics. Genpou was both a tactician and a strategist, and the tactics he used against Shin and Ouhon seemed extremely advanced but Shin and Ouhon both were able to counter them so I highly doubt these tactics would have a strong effect on Great Generals like Shunsuiju’s strategies did. And like I said in the OP, Shunsuiju’s strategies against GGs were outright better than some of the other Heavenly Kings lol

Although he was ultimately a pretender, anyone who is in the conversation for a GH position would be above them.
Absolutely. All the GHs we've seen in the story (Houken aside) have all been absolute juggernauts of warfare, seriously. Reaching them is a gigantic task. Not being Renpa's peer but still being the closest to the seat of GH and all of the rest of the portrayal Kesha received, means you're absolutely above the likes of Bananji, SSJ etc. No way around it.