Character Discussion Smoker is far more similar to Garp than Coby will ever be, the bias against Smoker is what makes people deny these similarities

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Smoker is fodder Vet.

He will get clap by anyone who pushes YC3 territories.

If he's Admiral EoS then Flampe is Yonko.

C

critical mindset

Wait whaa...

But Vergo just kicked with another leg...if he did indeed switch legs. He didnt fake it, like he supposedly did the first time.

Trying to understand CM's logic....is like...:whitepress:
Itโ€™s not me, itโ€™s just logic. Vergo totally switched legs on the dude. I am sad for you people if you canโ€™t concede that by now

SmokedOut

Life Is Good โœŒ๏ธ
โ€Ž
Yโ€™all arenโ€™t gonna make a thread like this without getting @SmokedOut โ€™s opinion, his is the one that matters most here :stop:
Lol thanks for the holler JDB, but I don't get involved in threads like this. Its all subjective and I'm not the type of person to go back and forth with people with opposing opinions. I hit "like" and keep it moving.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
Coby is a pile of trash.
Smoker is better, but he still ain't shit either.
It seems that Coby will still rule the Marines one day lol.

Just like Sabo will rule the Revos.

Fundamentally some of the strongest forces in the verse are going to be ruled by guys who look so easy going, this means that Oda wants to make post EoS into an easy manga where peace fundamentally reigns unmatched and unrivalled.

Seth

โ€Ž
Sanji went from being fodder to Vergo in PH to now possibly taking on Queen
You don't know what Oda is planning for Smoker, It's doubtful he will look nearly as bad as he did in PH back when he comes back
He's a cool character but keep his age in mind. He's a fod vet and 36 already. Time will only work against him. It will be impressive but I don't think it's happening.

Seth

โ€Ž
Capone and Urouge are 40+ and are both SNs, Blackbeard started out at 37 in preskip and now is a Yonko
Capone urouge =/= fodder vets.

Smoker is a joke, he will never push luffy more than gear 2.
Comparing Smoker with Sanji is a joke.
Sanji was never knocked down by vergo nor by doffy.
Sanji managed to hurt Vego, he send him flying and he coughed blood. While Vergo managed to damage Sanji also, but it was not big deal. Sanji was fine after that fight.
How dumb can you be to say that Sanji was destroyed when he wanst going all out, nor did vergo was going all out, it was just a clash.
So was the clash with Dofflamingo. Sanji was just fine, and yeah he needed help from trafalgar, so what? Jozu fucked up the same. Luffy needed help also vs Dofflamingo. And he teamed vs gim 2v1 for a good portion of the fight.
Meanwhile Smoker is a joke, he was destroyed and knocked down by both Vergo, and Doffly, he couldnt even put a fight vs Doffly, he was legit one shoted.
How can a person like Smoker compete with Luffy. The same Luffy who fights agains Yonkos rn. Not even the most trained marines, like the admirals, have the oportunity to evolve vs Yonkos, let alone smoker, who is some low level fodder.

Last edited:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
โ€Ž
Smoker/Luffy is a far better duo than Luffy/Coby.

I like what Luffy did for Coby, allowing him to grow and be more than what he was. Smoker, on the other hand, isn't exactly being changed by Luffy. He was always a Marine that toed his own manner of justice. It just so happens he and Luffy have similar viewpoints despite following different paths. That makes them more like equals on a principle level, while Coby will always be defined by what Luffy's done for him.

In that sense, they are more like Garp and Roger, who worked together in order to beat Xebec.

Smoker and Coby have nothing on Garp strength wise. Character wise Smoker is closer. He doesn't care much about his hierarchy, he's not a shy guy like Coby.

And I don't think that people see smoker as a weakling because of Vergo, he did well against him considering his goal was to take Law's heart back but the fact he was one shoted by an effortless Doffy doesn't plead in his favor.