Speculations Smoker is no longer a part of the marines and will join the Straw Hats this arc

Smoker is part of the "good Marines" who will change the institution in EOS and side against the corrupted WG sided with Imu. That's Smoker's only purpose narratively, since Oda has dropped him as Luffy's Garp. Smoker out of the Marines is a nothingburger because it'd lead the character nowhere.

And I won't even mention the stupidity in him becoming a nakama.

He's on Egghead fleet.
Oda didn’t show him
Post automatically merged:

Smoker is part of the "good Marines" who will change the institution in EOS and side against the corrupted WG sided with Imu. That's Smoker's only purpose narratively, since Oda has dropped him as Luffy's Garp. Smoker out of the Marines is a nothingburger because it'd lead the character nowhere.

And I won't even mention the stupidity in him becoming a nakama.
That’s Fujitora

Everytime we see Smoker there is a feeling that he is delusioned with the marines and they cannot solve everything themselves

Didn't think I would stumble upon such a thead outside of the nakama-thread.

And once again: I would bet one month against every Smoker fan that he isn't going to join. This place is reserved for Lucci, who is, as of now, the most plausible candidate.

Smoker is on his way to Egghead.

Think about it Smoker and Tashigi have always been shown together however this once Oda has put Tashigi with Garp and the others looking to save Coby the captured.

That means he hasn't forgotten about Smoker and has a different plan for him.

Smoker is going to turn up to protect Vegapunk. He'll likely fight whoever is on that Blackbeard Pirates ship. Smoker is going to show everyone what a Vice Admiral that's borderline an admiral can do