Current Events So…why did Oda offscreen the Sepherim fights?

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
Am I the only one upset by this? It just seems like extremely lazy writting to set up a problem for the straw hats to overcome only for them to deal with it offscreen without even explaining how.

Tbh this is probably one of the worst instances of Oda offscreening something, the other times he at least bothered to explain what happened offscreen, but here he didn’t even care enough to do that
:kriwhat:

I think at this point we are simply supposed to assume they subdued them with the bubble guns. They would only need a single clear shot to wrap it up and considering the Seraphim were outnumbered on almost all fronts it should have been easy enough to find.

This still leaves their actual limits a mystery as none of them look injured and going by the last we saw of the battle, nobody even knows how to damage them.

Am I the only one upset by this? It just seems like extremely lazy writting to set up a problem for the straw hats to overcome only for them to deal with it offscreen without even explaining how.

Tbh this is probably one of the worst instances of Oda offscreening something, the other times he at least bothered to explain what happened offscreen, but here he didn’t even care enough to do that
Because Oda cannot show his protagonists manhandled children.

But yeah why create the problem if you do not intend to show the resolution?

Last edited:
I think the point might be to give less focus to their abilities as children. Once matured, they won't be as easily subdued.

It is worth noting that Bonnie could potentially age the Seraphims to adulthood.
This is the reason why. They are merely a preview here and evidently WG threats in the future. In the end, if the end result was to capture them, then Oda would have just frankly wasted multiple chapters on it at this point. 3 of them arent even here

Because they are boring and Oda wants to finish Egghead

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう

hasnt there been like 10 threads about this it isnt a big fucking deal they were all caught in the bubbles so there wasn't even a fight...

gtfo it its fucking children seraphin, they aren't even matured yet.

This is the reason why. They are merely a preview here and evidently WG threats in the future. In the end, if the end result was to capture them, then Oda would have just frankly wasted multiple chapters on it at this point. 3 of them arent even here
Those 3 may have been captured by Cross Guild by Crocodile just drying them out, locking them in a pure seastone cage like he did in Alabasta, and moisturizing them so they don't die but are still captured.

Because Oda just wanted to show off their abilities but not the way to counter them. Luffy and Zoro already failed to put them down while being serious, imagine if they had to use G5 and KOH just to do the job, that would be major embarrassing for them.

We know they are powerful, on the level of some YCs but that's all there is to it.