General & Others So can we all agree Kid and Law probably should have not walked out of Wano with the same bounty as Luffy?

Do their bounties make sense?

• Total voters
I didn't like it then, still don't like it now. Even though bounty powerscaling is shit, it still kinda gives you some warning.

Even if you take into account they took out a yonkou, it's still 2 vs 1 compared to Luffy's final 1 vs 1 match. Yeah, Luffy still got help, but hey, Kaido is believed to be stronger than BM.

The only excuse is that people outside Wano didn't really know what actually happened, so they just grouped all the feats together. Well, now we can see that Kidd got no diffed and Law got mid-diffed, while Luffy is setup to beat an admiral. Unless Luffy also suffers a major defeat there is no way those bounties should match.

Dunno if someone said this already but the bounty they got was because BM and kaido together have a bounty of 4,388,000,000 and 4,611,100,000 which amounts to 8,999,100,000.

The pun is that 3B times three is 9B which is slighty above that number, those 3 beat Kaido and BM therefore they're stronger.

It's the whole Oda "this character is 199cm and this one is 200cm" to show scaling.

And i guess the logic is that the WG doesn't know who beat who in what way so they gave them all equivalent bounties?

That's what i got from it:few:

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
100% agreed. Either Luffy should've had a higher bounty or their should've been lower. I mentionned from the start that I didn't think it made sense they'd all be 3 bil and the latest chapters prove it. I'd probably still put Law above Midd because at least he managed to get away:kobeha:

CoC: Color of Clowns

Supreme Grade Peacock Slashers
I think the WG wanted to keep Luffy's profile lower after he became Joy Boy. Remember how pissed the Gorosei were at the bounty poster being printed with Gear 5?

Sabo and Luffy are incredibly dangerous right now, it's less that the WG thinks Kid and Law are as dangerous as Luffy, and more about covering up what happened in Wano.

If the WG was being honest, Luffy would be at least 3,500,000,000. He led an uprising with two other Captains to take down two Yonkou, one of which he finished off 1v1. I can understand not putting him at Shank's level or above yet, but, he should be sizably higher than Law and Kid.

Law and Kid at 2.5 Billion or so, with Luffy at 3.5 Billion, would have made a lot more sense, IMO>

I'm afraid I am no that good at powerscaling, but I will give it a try.

I think with giving them all the same bounty, Oda wanted to make them look equal. Because to me, their departure from Wano looked more like the beginning of a new advanture, they were about to embark on as rivals. And what are rivals? Equal.

And in all honesty, bounties do not reflect ones own fighting prowess as we can see with Buggy. The WG is as good at guessing the appropriate amount as we are.

So setting the same amount for all three is plausible to me at last.

You can explain the WG handing out the same bounty to each of them.

However, if we as the readers had to judge the issued bounties, they make no sense of course.

Luffy is miles above Law and Kidd.

Luffy can go toe to toe with a Yonkou and actually beat them in a 1 vs 1 fight.

Law and Kidd together couldn't even come close to knocking out BM. All they managed to do was pushing her off the island in a last ditch effort, while she was actually still fine during the fall down (the nukes and the magma actually did the job). If the circumstances weren't that specific - Onigashima floating in the air, nukes in the basement, magma chamber under Wano - Law and Kidd would've comfortably lost their 2 vs 1 fight.

Their current fights just show how outclassed they are when they have to go up against a Yonkou in a 1 vs 1.

If we go purely by strength, it should've been 1.5-2 billion for each of Kidd and Law and about 3.5-4 billion for Luffy.

Mr. Reloaded

World's worst Mafia player
100% agreed. Either Luffy should've had a higher bounty or their should've been lower. I mentionned from the start that I didn't think it made sense they'd all be 3 bil and the latest chapters prove it. I'd probably still put Law above Midd because at least he managed to get away:kobeha:
And he gave him an actual fight :milaugh:

Did you need the recent chapters for reach that conclusion?
Damn, the intelligence lvl of this forums is even more below than average than I thought. I mean, they beat a Kaido lvl opponent in a 2 vs 1, not 1 vs 1.
Like, can you even add up stuff?:shame:

But, seeing the last question, it answers my question.

Mr. Reloaded

Did you need the recent chapters for reach that conclusion?
Damn, the intelligence lvl of this forums is even more below than average than I thought. I mean, they beat a Kaido lvl opponent in a 2 vs 1, not 1 vs 1.
Like, can you even add up stuff?:shame:

But, seeing the last question, it answers my question.
He would get one shot too
:optimistic:

Forced rivalry that's all Oda did in no way or form should Mid or Low have had the same bounty as Luffy walking out of Wano.

What is a bounty anyway and how is the amount judged? It's the perceived threat one person has to the World Government.

Let me get this right.

Luffy beat Kaido 1 on 1.

Luffy has the Nika fruit.

Luffy's commanders beat the 2 and 3 of Kaido's pirates and the rest of his crew beat significant members also.

Luffy did all this on the back of being perceived to have just won a battle against Big Mom.

What did Law and Mid actually do?

Beat Big Mom with a 60% assist from bombs?

Killer beating Hawkins is Mid's only claim to a billion bounty IMO.

3 Billion was bullshit at the time and bullshit now. The moment they left Wano and stepped out of Luffy's shadow they got exposed.

Mr. Reloaded

Forced rivalry that's all Oda did in no way or form should Mid or Low have had the same bounty as Luffy walking out of Wano.

What is a bounty anyway and how is the amount judged? It's the perceived threat one person has to the World Government.

Let me get this right.

Luffy beat Kaido 1 on 1.

Luffy has the Nika fruit.

Luffy's commanders beat the 2 and 3 of Kaido's pirates and the rest of his crew beat significant members also.

Luffy did all this on the back of being perceived to have just won a battle against Big Mom.

What did Law and Mid actually do?

Beat Big Mom with a 60% assist from bombs?

Killer beating Hawkins is Mid's only claim to a billion bounty IMO.

3 Billion was bullshit at the time and bullshit now. The moment they left Wano and stepped out of Luffy's shadow they got exposed.

that was agreed a while back
either luffy had to be significantly higher
or theirs had to be lower.

Big Mom’s defense is haki, it only gets deactivated if you mess with her mental state(ex. Breaking the Caramel picture).

What Law did do is his attacks did enough damage to give Kid an opening to use his.

ex. Giving him time to create the giant bull, charge up his cannon, and get close enough to use Punk Crash
Post automatically merged:

Law is just as trash as Kid

He has no skill and his DF carries him.
your attempt to desperately trying to drag law down with kidd's pathetic display will always be funny
we could tell from the big mom fight who had more substance to them.

law is comfortably above that

kidd might be under that
Idk.

Law is more impressive than Kid, but I don't know if the gap in their bounties should be that astronomical.

It's definitely true that Law benefitted from having Kid distract Linlin to create openings for his attacks. It doesn't change the fact that Law's attacks are very strong, but I don't view Law as someone who fairs well by himself.

It's a shame that Law vs. Teach was mostly off-screened, we could've used the insight. Our last look at Law's 1v1 capabilities was in DR.

I feel like mid-to-high 1B range is good for Law because it's around the same area that the former Warlords are getting

As for Kid, I feel like he at least deserves the billi mark because even someone like Jack has it.