Questions & Mysteries So whats the point of Boruto ?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Now that would be amazing!
They should’ve come to me when planning a new Naruto series. I can’t draw for shit but I’d give them a half decent story.
EXACTLY! I cannot understand the point by bringing up more dangerous foes. Like wasn't Naruto destined to bring peace upon the world? Finding solutions in which Nagato, Jiraiya failed? Didn't Obito acknowledge that his schemes were wrong all along? Didn't Madara agree with Hashirama at the end and found his peaceful end?

The Naruto ending was supposed to show up a peaceful world in which Naruto was supposed to be successful and yet, they come up with overpowered and trashy written villains over and over again.

The after story in a nutshell:
"Naruto, you defeated Akatsuki, brought peace upon the world but you still did not fight me, Toneri!" - Naruto defeats him, an Otsutsuki.
"You may defeated Madara, Kaguya and every single dangerous foe but you still forgot us, Kinshiki and Momoshiki! We're even more dangerous than Kaguya" - Naruto def... erm, Boruto and Naruto defeated Momoshiki.
"You have defeated the Otsutsuki and there's piece in the world now? Sorry to upset you but we are Kara. Btw, I'm Jigen, Kaguya's superior. Hi!"

And I doubt the plot will evolve any better.
”it is I, the actual shinigami who gave birth to all chakra in the cosmos!” —Burrito’s big bad, probably.

Boruto could have ended when Kakashi explained to him why he sucked during the Chunin exams. I was really rooting for Kakasensei to snap that boy's arm
It would be better with Naruto Rasenshuriken'd him. Or Sasuke sending him to one of the Kaguya's dimensions, or Genjitsu'd him to death. Seriously, he's so annoying.
I see, there is a lot of hate for Boruto... and I love it.

W

wordyworm

OK, I've been thinking about it and the point of Boruto's existence is nostalgia money. But the point of the story is also an issue.

Kids who grow up in peace are spoiled and don't appreciate what their parents went through.

That's a fine theme, but it doesn't work in the Narutoverse because:
The Naruto ending was supposed to show up a peaceful world in which Naruto was supposed to be successful and yet, they come up with overpowered and trashy written villains over and over again.
There's literally no way, story-wise, for these peacetime children to learn to appreciate being a ninja, the sacrifices made for their town, etc, etc, unless you give them a REASON to fight. The story's answer to this was to create more villains? How does that make sense?

It would have been an admittedly lame premise but possibly better story to have the kids learn more non-fighting applications of jutsu. Boruto could be a firefighter, or a detective or some shit. But no, it got exponential with the villains and so the parent's suffering and toil meant nothing.

Well, it's clearly trash. It's obvious that Boruto's whole point is milking Naruto dry.
Heck if they actually wanted to actually make a decent sequel, it wouldn't be hard considering the potential of Naruto's world. I would've loved if the series was at least about Naruto's late descendant instead of his direct son whom has almost the same name and the same looks but abnoxious. Time would have passed, the allied Shinobi nations could no longer be. There could be war and the cycle of hatred would loop once more... There would be no more Naruto & Sasuke which are way too strong and therefore stop all these new lame fucking Otsutsuki villains which are the only match for them, it would certainly be a cool setting I think. Oh and only Orochimaru would remain from the old days which is cool lol.

H

Homelander

Well, it's clearly trash. It's obvious that Boruto's whole point is milking Naruto dry.
Heck if they actually wanted to actually make a decent sequel, it wouldn't be hard considering the potential of Naruto's world. I would've loved if the series was at least about Naruto's late descendant instead of his direct son whom has almost the same name and the same looks but abnoxious. Time would have passed, the allied Shinobi nations could no longer be. There could be war and the cycle of hatred would loop once more... There would be no more Naruto & Sasuke which are way too strong and therefore stop all these new lame fucking Otsutsuki villains which are the only match for them, it would certainly be a cool setting I think. Oh and only Orochimaru would remain from the old days which is cool lol.
Reminds me of blade runner. Would be nice if they had shown someone new.

No one cares about boruto. Its true they are destroying the legacy of it.

W

wordyworm

I'm reading Boruto but I haven't catched up lmao

I actually also browse this section often hoping to look for spoilers and opinions about its events
I'll read along with you! For some reason, I've committed myself to finishing this series lol. What arc are you on?