Questions & Mysteries So why didn’t Kaido and Linlin awaken their fruits?

H

Herrera95

Hard to say. We are still not sure what makes an awakening.

We know that Luffy came back from death.

Maybe all awakenings are like that? Doflamingo came back from death after being defeated by Kaido? Same goes to Kid? Law died when facing Hawkins? Big Mom once killed Katakuri?

Maybe both Aokiji and Akainu awakened their DF in Punk Hazard while killing each other.

I believe awakening occurs in a spiritual context. The user of a Devil Fruit must literally become spiritually awakened by losing their connection to the physical world along with physical desires to "understand" how Devil Fruit abilities can affect things other than their own body.

It's something like that. Yes, it may coincide with death or near-death experiences.

This would be a form of outer-body experience because it's not only their own body they are using as a vessel for energy anymore, but instead things other than their own body. Essentially, it means they are projecting their soul into other things.

When you think of the mind and body catching up with Devil Fruit powers... doesn't it usually go mind/body/spirit? Devil Fruits get attached to the spirit part.

I'm not sure why Big Mom and Kaido never did it. I guess they were just not enlightened.

You need the Mind component as well. Kaidou and BigMom despite being incredibly strong we’re mentally very weak. Kaidou was suicidal and Big Mom would loose her mind over food. This is why Luffy’s Haki exceeds Kaidou’s in their final clash too as he was mentally tougher and more driven. Similarly this is why Shank is likely better at Haki than them as well as he has a stronger mind.

In Japan the Mind and Body are the two main components of martial arts and abilities. Kaidou and Big Mom were like S Tier in Body, while they were more like B Tier in Mind. Someone like Shanks is like B Tier in body but S Tier in Mind. Luffy is probably somewhere in the middle now like A Tier in Body and Mind.