Current Events Some Thoughts on a Potential Confrontation Between Zoro and King

Expectations for Zoro vs King

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
@Cinera as king is not even using his swords.

How would you rate kings form?

Like suppose King doesn't have awakening or adCoC. Does using sword somewhat mitigate that? And put him equal or stronger than other Yc1's
King is at least slightly stronger than Queen.
If King can infuse his attacks with COC I'll place him above Marco.
If he has Advanced COA, I'll place him on par with Katakuri.
If he has no Advanced form of haki, I'll place him below Katakuri.

Blackening his Swords?
Oda could make it so that Zoro needs to Blacken his swords against King as his Ability to Apply CoA to his swords all the time got weaker from Injuries
If Enma is turning Black, it will only be against Kaido. Nothing else makes narrative sense.

Turning Enma black was a feat even Oden could not accomplish:

It's not going to be accomplished against the likes of King.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Don’t mind me then :moonwalk::moonwalk:
More of this:
Furthermore, Oda is loathe to pass on the opportunities to demonstrate Zoro shining even — no especially — in the face of adversity:

Defeating King while heavily injured could be the latest display of that.
It could be used to higlight:
  • Zoro's extraordinary willpower
  • Zoro's unyielding resolve
  • Zoro's determination.
  • Zoro's tenacity

Even though Zoro stomped Hatchan, the Hatchan fight was great character development for Zoro. I'd like an injured Zoro to give me a moment like this vs King:

More of this:

It could be used to higlight:
  • Zoro's extraordinary willpower
  • Zoro's unyielding resolve
  • Zoro's determination.
  • Zoro's tenacity

Even though Zoro stomped Hatchan, the Hatchan fight was great character development for Zoro. I'd like an injured Zoro to give me a moment like this vs King:
Yeah but we already get that. We know Zoro.
Seeing him doing the same thing against King will not make him grow as a swordsman or a character.

Let’s be clear, I’m not against Zoro vs King per se, it is just that for now King does not have anything to offer to Zoro as a swordsman. Now it is up to Oda to prove me wrong :kayneshrug:
Post automatically merged:

I know. I just hope that will not turn his swords permanently black just because he is injured. I wish to see something more grandiose.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
ironic after downplaying king people are starting to hype him.
I never downplayed King, not am I hyping him now.

I said what would need to happen for King to be a difficult fight to Zoro. That's not hype, I don't actually think would be a difficult fight for healthy Zoro.

We've got Sanji, Izo, Kawamatsu, Marco, Chopper, X-Drake, Nekomamushi, and Shishilian against King, Queen, Perospero, and Apoo.

There are many ways to create matchups with these given names:
Marco and Chopper out.
Izo and Kawamatsu v. King.
Sanji v. Queen.
Nekomamushi and Shishilian v. Perospero.
X-Drake v. Apoo.

You can add Marco and Chopper to the King and Queen fights. You could swap some people around. You could have Sanji focus on King instead (although the set-up seems to be against Queen). There are many ways you could create a fight for King without involving Zoro.

If Zoro must fight King, I doubt it's anytime soon.
Oda is trying to emphasise the gravity of Zoro's injuries. Having Zoro come back this soon does the opposite. Unless Marco does a named move where he uses his remaining stamina to heal Zoro, I doubt Zoro will come back anytime soon.

Zoro has already expressed that his only interest in this arc is Kaido, not any of the subordinates. The only way Zoro fights King is if he must do so, which as of right now isn't the case. It could be that Zoro is needed against King much later on, and he could contribute similarly to how he contributed against Apoo in 997.

We've got Sanji, Izo, Kawamatsu, Marco, Chopper, X-Drake, Nekomamushi, and Shishilian against King, Queen, Perospero, and Apoo.

There are many ways to create matchups with these given names:
Marco and Chopper out.
Izo and Kawamatsu v. King.
Sanji v. Queen.
Nekomamushi and Shishilian v. Perospero.
X-Drake v. Apoo.

You can add Marco and Chopper to the King and Queen fights. You could swap some people around. You could have Sanji focus on King instead (although the set-up seems to be against Queen). There are many ways you could create a fight for King without involving Zoro.

If Zoro must fight King, I doubt it's anytime soon.
Oda is trying to emphasise the gravity of Zoro's injuries. Having Zoro come back this soon does the opposite. Unless Marco does a named move where he uses his remaining stamina to heal Zoro, I doubt Zoro will come back anytime soon.

Zoro has already expressed that his only interest in this arc is Kaido, not any of the subordinates. The only way Zoro fights King is if he must do so, which as of right now isn't the case. It could be that Zoro is needed against King much later on, and he could contribute similarly to how he contributed against Apoo in 997.
Izo and Kawamatsu would get mid diffed by King. Sanji is the only one capable of fighting him at the moment.

Sanji will get mid diffed too, King's beak almost killed him. And don't bring the "he didn't pay attention" argument. Mf was legit clashing with him till King used his Beak xd.
:gonope:

Sanji will get lol diffed too, King's beak almost killed him. And don't bring the "he didn't pay attention" argument. Mf was legit clashing with him till King used his Beak xd.
:goyea:

Sanji will get mid diffed too, King's beak almost killed him. And don't bring the "he didn't pay attention" argument. Mf was legit clashing with him till King used his Beak xd.
Bruh what? King was supposed to kill Sanji but it didn't happen. That's like saying Page One's swing almost kill Sanji in the Flower Capital. They both didn't damage Sanji. And yes Sanji did clashed with him until he throws Momo to Shinobu and King got him by the neck.

Bruh what? King was supposed to kill Sanji but it didn't happen. That's like saying Page One's swing almost kill Sanji in the Flower Capital. They both didn't damage Sanji. And yes Sanji did clashed with him until he throws Momo to Shinobu and King got him by the neck.
"Let me go, I am going to die." He didn't kill him but he did have Sanji begging for his life.