Character Discussion Sorry bros, Kid's still not dead. What it means for a pirate crew to be destroyed.

A lot of Kid haters really feel like with the new SBS, their wish of Kid dying has somehow been confirmed. However any real objective reading of the text says anything but this. Now y'all can spam "give it up, its over" in the comments all you want, but there's nothing to give up. This isn't an "agenda" so to speak. I believe that anyone who looks at these events from a sincere point of view can come to the same conclusions I did.,

What does it mean for a pirate crew to be destroyed?

The closest example we have to this is saboady. But lets take a look and see what actually happened in sabaody that justified this type of language being used on the SHs.

When Kuma split up the crew in sabaody, he effectively ended the straw hat pirates as a collective unit. Every SH was sent their own separate ways and they didn't reunite until 2 years later. So yes, the straw hat pirates were eradicated, they ceased to exist. Each member left the group to go focus on their own goals and the straw hat pirates is an organization made up of each of the different members. When everyone leaves to go do their own thing, there is no more straw hat pirates. You see where I am going with this?

Now lets look at Law.

Rather than being eradicated, the heart pirates were merely defeated. But what does that mean? Lets look at the dialogue.
  • "Go back bepo, we can't abandon our crew"
  • "We can't go back, but trust them captain!! From the freezing ports of the north till now we've always survived!! None of us will let it end here!! We've overcome so much together so don't you dare die, captain!! Please!! Don't die"
Again in Law's scenario, we see an emphasis on the crew. The heart pirates are great swimmers and hence they will probably survive. They will be rescued from the BBP, and they will reunite with Law. As Bepo states, none of them will let it end here.

So why were the heart pirates merely defeated? Because unlike in the case of Luffy, where Kuma's actions effectively led to the crew disbanding for two years, no such thing has happened to the heart pirates. Bepo and Law will probably reach Elbaf and the rest were probably captured by Teach. They will surely be reunited by the end of elbaf.

So finally, what happens to Kid?

Well I am not unaware of the fact that Kid's loss was far more severe than Luffy or Law's. Not merely in the raw way Oda drew Kid's failure, but even in the language Oda used to describe it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Piratefolk/comments/17k0yde
However even here, we have absolutely zero reason to think that Kid himself is dead. Why? Because we have seen what happens when other characters go through the exact same thing.

Moria fought a yonko and lost badly, just like Kid. Did he die? No. But his crew did. Oda was right when he said this, but y'all are just taking it the wrong way.

https://x.com/pewpiece/status/1719007735432237197?s=20

Yes, only the strong remain. That's why Moria survived but his crew didn't. And its likely why Kid( and maybe Killer?) will survive, but their crews will similarly perish. The Kid pirates are the summation of each of its members, with Kid alone alive, the Kid pirates were truly eradicated.

To further this point, Moria has two distinct pirate crews. The Gecko pirates and the Thriller Bark pirates. The Gecko pirates fought Kaido and were eradicated. Then Moria created the thriller bark pirates. Did Moria die? Then why should Kid?

The fact of the matter is that whether you like it or not, Kid is an important character.

No respectable character does this^ just to pump and dump their characters in the next arc for no other reason than to wank Shanks. Like we've been following Kid's journey for 500 chapters. We've seen how in both sabaody and in wano, he was a powerful ally to Luffy's and we've seen how he's grown alongside Luffy.

"Guess you kids are hell bent on taking my head"
"hahahaha its werid, I feel like I have a new reason to keep on fightin!!"

The idea that Kid needs to die because he's a pointless character just isn't based in reality. His point is that despite styling himself as a "rival", he inevitably helps Luffy. He did it in sabaody. He did it in wano. And he will likely do it in elbaf and the final war.

Ultimately, the Kid pirates did get destroyed in 1079. That is undeniable. But what does it mean to be destroyed? Is Oda just going to dumpster a character he literally invested time and effort building up in wano? If oda couldn't even kill moria, after thriller bark, after marineford, and after his encounter with Teach, somehow giving Kid this fate is just ridiculous. And I think deep down, a lot of y'all know that.

Almost all of Kid's crew is likely dead. There is a decent chance Killer will survive, because Oda did similarly invest time into him and plus, I don't think it makes sense for 3 billion berry Kid to lose just as bad as Moria did. Still, Kid took a heavy loss.

Whereas Luffy's crew allowed Luffy to keep on fighting after marineford and pursue his dream of Pirate King, Kid's ambitions for PK likely did end in 1079 with his crew likely dying.

But that doesn't mean his story is over, because as I've repeatedly stated, Kid isn't a real rival, he's an ally.
Kid's boat sank off the coast of Elbaf. The next island is Elbaf. Y'all can spam "cope" and "its over", but I think deep down you all know you're being ridiculous.

Bro in Loki's jail or in kitchen serving food if he ain't dead. He's either dead or he become a Luffy dick rider cheerleader like everyone else

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
If Kid was going to get out of that situation some how I think oda would of shown us

Why show Law escaping with Bepo and not show kid?

Is Kid so mid that even his escapes are off screened?

Kids only ambition was to be pirate king and he's severely outclassed

His ship is wrecked

His crew Gave away his rubbings

He'd be starting at square 1

If he's alive and if he comes back It won't be in any significant role

We'll see him as a red-haired pirates cabin boy