Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone here knows Kurozumi means charcoal, Redon even included that note in his summary.

The pun didn’t work. But it also reminded me how Wano's social conflicts were never resolved. No other countries Oda visited had this kind of social conflicts, generally people are good. Here, we saw both side of the coin.

Oda ended up just saying one side wins. That’s not resolution. Horribly presented by Oda. A clan being wiped out by people of Wano is Wano's happy ending? May be Myanmar should wipe out all Rohingyas too!!

The pun itself is not the biggest problem here. Ods didn’t finish Wano's story properly. That is the problem.
Weird comparison. The scope isnt even remotely the same to real world shit like that lol.

1. Rohingyans didn't commit genocides of their own to warrant their own genocide. At not time in history has any group warranted mass death.

2. They are an ethnic group, not a singular family who committed tragedies.

It'd more comparable to saying everyone in Hitler's family should die as a result of his crimes. That one I can get and still shows that the idea behind the pun is terrible, yes.

It's funny that people defend Orochi now, considering he attempted to commit Genocide himself against Kozuki lol, tortured entire towns with smiles, killed many via starvation and executions, etc.

Tasteless Joke? Yes.
Actually that fucking horrible against a fictional family that caused Wano mass death to begin with? No lol.

It's really not that complicated....

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
Also making people beautiful after beating them

There's just too much parallel ngl
Parallels are pointless. I can make more parallels between Sanji and King than Sanji and Queen, and yet Sanji fought Queen.

Oda is as much a powerlevel junkie as the rest of us. Whichever Admiral is third strongest will fight Sanji. Oda will force it by any means necessary. Parallels be damned.

Everyone here knows Kurozumi means charcoal, Redon even included that note in his summary.

The pun didn’t work. But it also reminded me how Wano's social conflicts were never resolved. No other countries Oda visited had this kind of social conflicts, generally people are good. Here, we saw both side of the coin.

Oda ended up just saying one side wins. That’s not resolution. Horribly presented by Oda. A clan being wiped out by people of Wano is Wano's happy ending? May be Myanmar should wipe out all Rohingyas too!!

The pun itself is not the biggest problem here. Ods didn’t finish Wano's story properly. That is the problem.
something honestly feels off, the way wano was concluded i feel like a return to wano arc would be neccesary.. with yamato staying and his promise to kin and momo, and just a lot of other things. tbh im not mad about the ryuma grave thing becasue it feels like smething zoro would do after he becomes the worlds strongest swordsman, live in wano with hiyori and visit his grave then

Parallels are pointless. I can make more parallels between Sanji and King than Sanji and Queen, and yet Sanji fought Queen.

Oda is as much a powerlevel junkie as the rest of us. Whichever Admiral is third strongest will fight Sanji. Oda will force it by any means necessary. Parallels be damned.
Queen was also built to tell a certain narrative, which is probably what Sanjis future fights will be based on.

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash

Shhh

Remember how in FI Shyarly was telling kids to witness events and form opinions for themselves? And now in Wano it's portrayed as a triumphant ending to the arc that kids are being taught propaganda in the classroom :memehm:?
to be fair the kids in wano were being brainwashed their whole lives so they would have to retaliate with even more force.. and thats how legends work nothig is word for word,m like in the play hiyori killed orochi dwith fire when it was actually kanjuro

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
Weird comparison. The scope isnt even remotely the same to real world shit like that lol.

1. Rohingyans didn't commit genocides of their own to warrant their own genocide.

2. They are an ethnic group, not a singular family who committed tragedies.

It'd more comparable to saying everyone in Hitler's family should die as a result of his crimes. That one I can get and still shows that the idea behind the pun is terrible, yes.

It's funny that people defend Orochi now, considering he attempted to commit Genocide himself against Kozuki lol, tortured entire towns with smiles, killed many via starvation and executions, etc.

Tasteless Joke? Yes.
Actually that fucking horrible against a fictional family that caused Wano mass death to begin with? No lol.

It's really not that complicated....
My country deals with Rohingyas, the Burmeese have different views than what you think. The comparison is fine.

A clan is not a family. It is big. Even Orochi said that his grandfather being forced to commit seppuku was one thing, he accepted that. But people of Wano started delivering "justice" by killing women and children of Kurozumi clan.

If anything, it is the Kozuki clan that started the first mass death in Wano. Because Orochi didn’t even manage to exterminate Kozuki clan in the end. And he imprisoned other people.

something honestly feels off, the way wano was concluded i feel like a return to wano arc would be neccesary.. with yamato staying and his promise to kin and momo, and just a lot of other things. tbh im not mad about the ryuma grave thing becasue it feels like smething zoro would do after he becomes the worlds strongest swordsman, live in wano with hiyori and visit his grave then
Think you guys are overthinking this shit.

It was a tasteless joke that didn't play out well at all. That's it, it's done. Whenever we go back to Wano, it'll be about opening its borders and unleashing Pluton.

Remember how in FI Shyarly was telling kids to witness events and form opinions for themselves? And now in Wano it's portrayed as a triumphant ending to the arc that kids are being taught propaganda in the classroom :memehm:?
It’s even more impactful remembering that, one thing I don’t see talked about much but is my favorite minor detail from FI, Sharley is the sister of Arlong, two people who grew up in the same environment but one wanted to show the children that not all people are bad and Arlong wanted to kill all humans for being humans.

But here we have Momos sister advocating genocide against a clan.

Think you guys are overthinking this shit.

It was a tasteless joke that didn't play out well at all. That's it, it's done. Whenever we go back to Wano, it'll be about opening its borders and unleashing Pluton.
im not talking about the kurozumi thing, im just saying after elbaf or something like that, we can finally se wano restored to its former glory and the new generation with tama, and maybe she could join

No doubt. Pluton and opening the borders alone is enough to have some kind of focus on Wano at some stage again.

Status
Not open for further replies.