Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda could go "Orochi was born to be burn", but choose to go for extreme way.
showing you the real face of wano culture for one reason or another. a shocking and weird scene but i kind of like that it went this way instead of everyone suddenly turning nice and quitting being prejudiced because luffy punched kaido really hard
Post automatically merged:

Well what she says is THE KUROZUMI WERE BORN TO BURN… and she gets a bunch of kids to say it too
isnt it a stage play or something? she's not getting the kids to say it, she's crying watching the propaganda according to spoilers

I have no words...lol
thought the way Oda concluded Yamato's character was the worst part of the chapter (and I'm no Yamato fan:catsweat:) but clearly I didn't give man enough credit:milaugh:
"The Kurozumi are born to burn" :milaugh:
You really can't make this shit up lol. Just for a useless gag that most of the western audience won't even get :usoprice:
Not addressing the issue is already poor enough but then he decides to conclude that plot line in the most despicable way possible and this is the man some call a writing genius :risitameh:

What an utter shit-show this arc has been and frankly I'm glad to see the back of it.

hody was never a victim of racism.
Actually he was. That’s what Otohime was talking about. The hatred would naturally just spread to the children

whether the children had even ever seen a human or not, the hatred would get instilled in them.

and that’s what happened to Hody

Hody saying no human did anything him isn’t the same as he is acting completely out of nowhere with no reasoning

D

Deleted member 33823

I have always said there was something badly written about that thing

An aspect people forget about that scheme is that the men SOLD THEIR WIVES AND CHILDREN INTO SLAVERY to get money for her. This happened multiple times. These people kept sending children into slavery for her and she kept doing this.

And Denjiro was in on it. Denjiro was probably worse than Hiyori because he was running a racketeering scam in the capital. His goons harassed Sanji for simply opening up a food stand because THATS HOW HE OPERATES. This Denjiro guy was legit harassing people for years and beating them up for not paying him and yet ITS ALL FORGIVEN

the story acts like these people did NOTHING WRONG.
I totally forgot about the first part, yeah Hiyori and Denjiro are far from saints even if what they did was the only way to get funds it makes them no different than those they steal from. Now I really hope Oda chooses to go an evil Hiyori Denjiro route.

Actually he was. That’s what Otohime was talking about. The hatred would naturally just spread to the children

whether the children had even ever seen a human or not, the hatred would get instilled in them.

and that’s what happened to Hody

Hody saying no human did anything him isn’t the same as he is acting completely out of nowhere with no reasoning
hes acting because he sees how racism controls people and goes "oh dude i can control people WITH racism". he's not acting out of revenge, or a personal sense of justice, or fear, or hatred. hes just an evil fuck who has eyes sharp enough to see how the world works and take advantage of it. this is just the kind of person that arises in societies with racist undercurrents

but i kind of like that it went this way instead of everyone suddenly turning nice and quitting being prejudiced because luffy punched kaido really hard
Not this is just bad writing. You know why

1. Oda did what you just said. In act 1 and 2, the flower capital people were the rich class that oppressed the lower class. And then in act 3 it’s revealed that they were all nice people ALL ALONG and them oppressing these people the rest of the year doesn’t matter because on the fire festival they give them water and shit

2. Hiyori is not being portrayed to be wrong here. She’s getting kids to shout her bigotry at the end of the arc like it’s a triumphant act. If you want to portray this a “cycle of hatred and revenge”, why is this the victorious end to the arc that’s being applauded by children? Why not show anyone being put off by this? Sukiyaki? Momo? The teacher who is an old man sitting next to her? For all intents and purposes, this is a GOOD THING that Oda is saying is happening right now

So the fact that it contradicts several themses of the story is Oda being ironic. It’s him being a bad writer

1. Oda did what you just said. In act 1 and 2, the flower capital people were the rich class that oppressed the lower class. And then in act 3 it’s revealed that they were all nice people ALL ALONG and them oppressing these people the rest of the year doesn’t matter because on the fire festival they give them water and shit

2. Hiyori is not being portrayed to be wrong here. She’s getting kids to shout her bigotry at the end of the arc like it’s a triumphant act. If you want to portray this a “cycle of hatred and revenge”, why is this the victorious end to the arc that’s being applauded by children? Why not show anyone being put off by this? Sukiyaki? Momo? The teacher who is an old man sitting next to her? For all intents and purposes, this is a GOOD THING that Oda is saying is happening right now

So the fact that it contradicts several themses of the story is Oda being ironic. It’s him being a bad writer
1 the fire festival isnt to reveal that the flower capital people are nice, its meant to be tragic that this is the wano peoples one day of happiness and equality. they werent nice all along and that was never part of the story. the "good" payoff at the end is that momonosuke says the festival is going to continue and no one will go without clean water ever again. its not that the festival was good its that finally no one has to look forward to the festival to get food and water. there are plenty of missteps in this arc, you dont need to invent ones that arent there.

2. are you sure? the spoilers are not saying hiyori herself is saying the kurozumi have to burn. its a show, in an auditorium, presented by the wano propaganda teacher guy. it actually says hiyori is crying while watching this. you say "why not show anyone being put off by this" but according to spoilers hiyori HERSELF is put off by this because the teacher is putting words in her mouth.

hes acting because he sees how racism controls people and goes "oh dude i can control people WITH racism". he's not acting out of revenge, or a personal sense of justice, or fear, or hatred. hes just an evil fuck who has eyes sharp enough to see how the world works and take advantage of it. this is just the kind of person that arises in societies with racist undercurrents
Hilarious that this is your conclusion after telling me that I didn’t read the arc

you actually think nothing Otohime said about hatred spreading to children connects to Hody at all? Like do you think it’s a coincidence that it’s Otohime’s son that is the one that is told by Hody that humans did nothing to him. And then that same son is the one that later says Otohime was right and then he starts spearheading Otohime’s campaign to get signatures

You think both Otohime’s words and the fact that this scene happened between Otohime’s son ARE UNCONNECTED whatsoever to Hody’s character???

Hilarious. And you were telling ME that I didn’t read the arc???

Exactly
And then came Yamato which was a good chance to highlight this point with her

Oda really left it as it is LOL

I'm not gonna blame him though
Real life is like this
Those things still exist...and MANY still believe is it's what is right... maybe not to us with our view...
Maybe Oda has different views... who knows LOL
Nothing about his views...he just ditched it since he did not want to draw anything about that instead probably...he probably doesn't care about that plot. In the end for him women are just for fanservice in one piece, wouldn't want to ruin that now.

Hilarious that this is your conclusion after telling me that I didn’t read the arc

you actually think nothing Otohime said about hatred spreading to children connects to Hody at all? Like do you think it’s a coincidence that it’s Otohime’s son that is the one that is told by Hody that humans did nothing to him. And then that same son is the one that later says Otohime was right and then he starts spearheading Otohime’s campaign to get signatures

You think both Otohime’s words and the fact that this scene happened between Otohime’s son ARE UNCONNECTED whatsoever to Hody’s character???

Hilarious. And you were telling ME that I didn’t read the arc???
yeah i dont think you read the arc because you don't seem to understand what happened in it. otohime's son saying hody is a product of his environment doesnt mean hody is racist. the entire point of that reveal is that he ISN'T motivated by racism directly, he's motivated by opportunism because the environment he grew up in was racist, so he learned how it was possible to use that racism to manipulate the environment. hody kills his own people. he doesn't care one way or another about anything but power

and now you're not even reading the spoilers because you're acting like its a totally different scene than what redon described. "why isnt anyone reacting" "hiyori said this" when the teacher guy and the kids said it along with a story, and she's the one crying watching the propaganda.

D

Deleted member 33823

The scene could be ironic juxtaposition meant to create a sense of unease in the readers. The first propoganda scene didn't have someone acting super uneased about it either. Maybe Oda is doing the scene like it was something out of Starship Troopers.

Status
Not open for further replies.