Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, Zoro not getting any actual character development/lineage and family reveals or w/e is actually a bonus after all hahahaha! No explanation on why he resembles Ushimaru and Ryuuma and such! Who the fuck the Roronoas are, who his parents were etc!

Sanjis family turned out to be Nazi Super Sentai/Power Rangers unironically and he has a green haired brother and Judge wanted them to learn swordsmanship, well train with swords at least...
Green Bull is a fascist boot licker, who glorifies supmreacy and thus Nazi-like thinking as as well as other extreme/horrific regimes and dictators out there and thus Sanji and Zoro might both have supremacist parents then? Hahahaha!

Fuck man, what the hell happened to One Piece? Has Oda been getting radicalised lately? Did he start browsing 4Chan or something similar? He thought Homelander, Soldier Boy and Stormfront were misunderstood victims/martyrs?

Seriously though, I've never wanted the SHs to avoid getting more lineage/backstory development or w/e than now hahahaha! Mysteries are good! Mysteries are better! Please keep us in the dark Oda! I don't want to know anymore! The Monkeys Paw wish karma is too much!

:saden::shame::risitasad::risitameh::hapnoel::pepemy::queenmeme:
Post automatically merged:

LMAO! Rubber World lives on! Bouncy Land!

:cheers::funky::fransuper::finally:
Rubber World :finally:
Gold Haki (as seen in the latest episodes) :finally:
Zoro a child of wano (maybe)
The old Theories from Years turning out to be true all along :steef:
What comes next :choppawhat:

Zoro Eye opening :finally:
Thousand Sunny beeing a modern Pluton :finally:

We are in for an epic Ride the last Arcs :steef::lunazing::lunazing:

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
Maybe the reason Oda ended this arc/act so weirdly is because now we're at the intermission of the play. So we get up and stretch and go pee and find some food and souvenirs, then we come back to Wano later. Some Japanese plays have little sub-plays that happen during the intermission....
I think many people aren’t coming back to the seat after peeing.

Greg was always adamant about 3 act structure. He was right.

Anyone knows what Greg thinks of Wano as a whole? Does he love it? Hate it? Like it similar to other arcs?

G

Gorosei Informer

At this point, it's not even sure that we will get the answers for the numerous mysteries...
Frauda was incapable of staying on track since TS so I wouldn't expect big revelations and if there are any, everything points to it being contradictory to what has been established since the begining...
I lost faith in this manga since WCI and Sanji's treatment...I hoped Wano would rectify the trajectory it took but I was so wrong.
Thats exactly what I'm scared off too. We might just get the speedrun/quick notes version at best or a lot of it saved for SBS/Vivre Cards/more movies or whatever.

Thats completely relatable and understandable, I have said the story does feel like its become an extremely unrecognisable, exaggerated parody of itself and that seems to align with what you said there too.

I'm seeing similar issues with Dragonball which went through a major controversy after some kind of retcon with Bardocks with and thus the entire story of over 30 years now IRL due to it?
I just dread to think if Jojo will do the same somehow as Araki isnt stopping for some reason and is doing a 9th part of Jojo when I thought he'd be done and retire but hes already "rebooted" the entire story with a new universe and such as of part 7 too.

The mysteries are my biggest drawn for OP even or one of the biggest. There are so many things I and all of us have waited years, even almost 2 decades for at least and yet I'm scared the payoff is not gonna be worth it, if "there is even a payoff" at all.

The last 10 years of OP or so have just felt so wasteful, mostly filler, dragging, baiting and such. So much padding, misdirection and such. Falsely inflating the story and such. I never expected the New World and post timeskip to be so underwhelming/disappointing and frustrating like this.

There are quite a few things I like post TS but nothing justifies the years of agony we've had to put up with the horrendeous pacing, inflation, baiting, dragging, constant oversaturation and complication of the story and such.

OP was a lot more streamlined pre TS and got SO MUCH more done in such a MUCH shorter amount of time! Its unreal! 6 chapters of the Reverie was far better than the whole of Wano for me, along with the intermission chapters between acts too!

102 chapters of Dressrosa (Act 3 will be 100 chapters long with 1058 too!!!) almost finished me off but my god, Wano has felt like another form of quarantine/lockdown ironically and these 4 years of it have felt more like a cruel punishment than the most hyped up, anticipated, wanted to see arc of OP by far so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.