• Rogue One

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Solo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

I just watch them again lately

I don't want to agree with you but fuck i'm close. Some dialogues are terribles, and even the little stories aren't that great (Anakin Padme has awful moments, Jarjar, Geonosis battle is average, the counsel issue and Palpatine/Analin was sometimes ridiculous etc).

The huge + of the Prequels is the big story : the lore, Palpat plan, Dooku, separatists, clones, Anakin downfall, Order 66 etc etc

The big picture is awesome, flesh out the universe a lot and has lots of hype moments.

But those films themselves aren't really amazing

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

I just watch them again lately

I don't want to agree with you but fuck i'm close. Some dialogues are terribles, and even the little stories aren't that great (Anakin Padme has awful moments, Jarjar, Geonosis battle is average, the counsel issue and Palpatine/Analin was sometimes ridiculous etc).

The huge + of the Prequels is the big story : the lore, Palpat plan, Dooku, separatists, clones, Anakin downfall, Order 66 etc etc

The big picture is awesome, flesh out the universe a lot and has lots of hype moments.

But those films themselves aren't really amazing
There's very little good in the Prequel movies. You can like the lore, I think it's very interesting and the Clone Wars TV show did a great job expanding it. But the movies as standalones open up so many questions and are very confusing. The directing and camera work is also very flat any time it doesn't focus on CGI.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
There's very little good in the Prequel movies. You can like the lore, I think it's very interesting and the Clone Wars TV show did a great job expanding it. But the movies as standalones open up so many questions and are very confusing. The directing and camera work is also very flat any time it doesn't focus on CGI.
I love the TV Show and frankly after watching it I think it’s often better than the 3 movies.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I love the TV Show and frankly after watching it I think it’s often better than the 3 movies.
It is, easily. The Prequels depiction of Star Wars, with the inhuman movements and acrobatics, is just better with a cartoon to begin with IMO. But it also has the time to slow down and show you the war and expand on the characters.

Prequels >>> Sequels :kayneshrug:
The prequels probably are better, but that's not saying much. The Sequels are uninspired.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
It’s because it’s our childhood and the light saber duels are cool

It is, easily. The Prequels depiction of Star Wars, with the inhuman movements and acrobatics, is just better with a cartoon to begin with IMO. But it also has the time to slow down and show you the war and expand on the characters.
Sûre to showcase powers cartoon or anime is a better medium

Prequel didn’t fail everything but yeah numerous bad points

the tragedy of Anakin in the 3rd one is still fucking powerful as a first time watcher

It’s because it’s our childhood and the light saber duels are cool

Sûre to showcase powers cartoon or anime is a better medium

Prequel didn’t fail everything but yeah numerous bad points

the tragedy of Anakin in the 3rd one is still fucking powerful as a first time watcher
I have watched prequels countless times and still enjoy it

To each to their own I guess

As much flawed I and II were, at least they got a lot of new and original ideas, helped expand and structure the lore of Star Wars, showed us many new amazing planets and had awesome CGI and John Williams' legendary musics. It also introduced awesome characters such as Qui-Gon, Dooku, Mace Windu or Jango Fett and the Republic and Separatist armies and fleets with many original and badass vehicules, ships and droids.

And Revenge of the Sith is still my favorite Star Wars movie.

Disney trilogy on the other hand didn't bring anything new, and it was in many parts just a boring and buffed repeat of the original trilogy and of Legends concepts or characters such as Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus.

Thankfully the Mandalorian was here to save the franchise.

As much flawed I and II were, at least they got a lot of new and original ideas, helped expand and structure the lore of Star Wars, showed us many new amazing planets and had awesome CGI and John Williams' legendary musics. It also introduced awesome characters such as Qui-Gon, Dooku, Mace Windu or Jango Fett and the Republic and Separatist armies and fleets with many original and badass vehicules, ships and droids.

And Revenge of the Sith is still my favorite Star Wars movie.

Disney trilogy on the other hand didn't bring anything new, and it was in many parts just a boring and buffed repeat of the original trilogy and of Legends concepts or characters such as Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus.

Thankfully the Mandalorian was here to save the franchise.
I agree, there are soooo many things I adore about the prequels!

Though if anything, the heavy use of CGI was their biggest flaw. Lucas was into showing more, but it ended up hurting the SW overall look, which only got recaptured with Mando.