Chapter Discussion Stephen Paul on "slay/kill"

I think Zoro will Cut Kaido. ZCK. I'm not sure he'll kill him. It's a complicated thing. Oda doesn't seem to like deaths and he also doesn't seem to glorify revenge plots, from what I've seen. Luffy destroys villains for others' futures, to help the living move forward, not to avenge the dead. Then again, if killing Kaido is somehow required for Wano's borders to open his death is inevitable. I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the fact that Kaido is looking to die a heroic death complicates it even more.

Here are a few possibilities:

1. Kaido actually does achieve his dream and dies a 'heroic' death. In this scenario he probably becomes a sympathetic character, possibly through a flashback, and could be killed by someone in the Alliance. Probably someone who doesn't want revenge. Most likely Luffy. Zoro could kill Kaido in this case, not for revenge, though. His death leads to Wano's borders being opened and he's 'remembered.'

2. Kaido wants to die a heroic death but he dies an 'inconsequential' death instead. That means not in the heat of war. Probably some pathetic way, possibly. It would be anticlimactic, but for Kaido's situation, also fitting. His memory would be compromised since he dies in such a way, and he can die envying Oden and Whitebeard. For Kaido this makes sense narratively if he is to fail achieving what he wants, but it is darker than the first option and a side step from Oda's style.

3. Kaido wants to die a heroic death, so he doesn't die heroically or at all yet. He's captured in Impel Down or put away. This seems the least satisfying conclusion but also leaves the story open for his return in the Final War. It also follows the pattern Oda has set with pretty much all the villains so far.

Last edited:
Whats the point of this thread. One piece is not complicated. Zoro is saying he will cut which does imply cutting to kill, but as said time and time again in one piece people don't die even if they are shown cut or just take ussop how is he even alive, zoro pretty much cut a guy in the last chapter and normally he should be dead and could be too but we are never shown any such fact.... but here with kaido actual death is an important theme, so it is possible that he might die and zoro would be involved somehow. Like just think about it he did say he would like to cut dragon and it is to kill a beast like he and others do to few sea kings or take the PH dragon, that thing is dead.

Last edited:
Kidd and law were bound to fight kaido
They have personal beef not just some emotional outburst like zoro does

"I will avenge Yasu, kill Orochi " the dude forgot his promise lol
Zoro was just being emotional.

Kidd and Luffy: beaten by Kaido
Law : his original Plan was always to overthrow Kaido and ending SAD factory
Your not fucking serious are you.
Post automatically merged:

:milaugh: Zoro fans are now turning against Stephen Paul...

Even Zoro fans see the truth now, Mihawk's title was always the ''greatest swordsman'' :steef:
No it wasn't the word Saikyo has nothing to do with skill.

It's the opposite. The fans of mihawk is trying to change the title by turning it some kind of ''strongest man who holds the sword'' thing, when the meaning of the title is clear; when it comes to sword techniques, it's a rumor that mihawk has the best sword techniques, but he is still weaker than Whitebeard and Kaido, because his power with sword is limited. Why would mihawk be still weaker than people like Whitebeard and Kaido, if he is actually stronger than their Yonko opponent Shanks? Whitebeard and Kaido are inferior to mihawk when it comes to sword fighting, but why would they be stronger than mihawk when mihawk has advantage in sword fighting, it should've been debatable, who is better; ''fighter vs swordsman'', but it's not, mihawk is weaker. All these question doesn't make any sense if you think mihawk as the ''strongest person who holds a sword'', he is not. He just has the best skills with a sword, he isn't stronger than people who just holds sword; such as Shanks, Rayleigh etc. etc.
Ot's not a rumor its from an omniscient narrator

Last edited:
I think Zoro will Cut Kaido. ZCK. I'm not sure he'll kill him. It's a complicated thing. Oda doesn't seem to like deaths and he also doesn't seem to glorify revenge plots, from what I've seen. Luffy destroys villains for others' futures, to help the living move forward, not to avenge the dead. Then again, if killing Kaido is somehow required for Wano's borders to open his death is inevitable. I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the fact that Kaido is looking to die a heroic death complicates it even more.

Here are a few possibilities:

1. Kaido actually does achieve his dream and dies a 'heroic' death. In this scenario he probably becomes a sympathetic character, possibly through a flashback, and could be killed by someone in the Alliance. Probably someone who doesn't want revenge. Most likely Luffy. Zoro could kill Kaido in this case, not for revenge, though. His death leads to Wano's borders being opened and he's 'remembered.'

2. Kaido wants to die a heroic death but he dies an 'inconsequential' death instead. That means not in the heat of war. Probably some pathetic way, possibly. It would be anticlimactic, but for Kaido's situation, also fitting. His memory would be compromised since he dies in such a way, and he can die envying Oden and Whitebeard. For Kaido this makes sense narratively if he is to fail achieving what he wants, but it is darker than the first option and a side step from Oda's style.

3. Kaido wants to die a heroic death, so he doesn't die heroically or at all yet. He's captured in Impel Down or put away. This seems the least satisfying conclusion but also leaves the story open for his return in the Final War. It also follows the pattern Oda has set with pretty much all the villains so far.

On the same boat when it comes to Zoro vs Kaidou. He's gonna slash him like no-one else has done since Oden. But he isn't killing Kaidou. That scalp is just too big for the subordinate of the future PK. The fall of a Yonkou is majorly world-shaking in its implications.

I feel if Kaidou has to die (for plot reasons) it's likely to be due the first scenario you outlined. Oda didn't need to have Yamato be Kaidou's daughter. And we only get Yamato's POV as to Kaidou being a terrible father. Just the fact he has a daughter humanises him to readers. Also Oda is a father to 2 daughters as well.

But instead of the Alliance, it will be another antagonist faction. Recall back to the Marineford Arc. Ace was killed by Akainu, Whitebeard by Blackbeard (or the Blackbeard Pirates). Both became hyped up as the major antagonists for the future. Pretty much the endgame villains.

It would be a waste for Kaidou to die and not be used hype up the next great incoming threat. Whether it is the Marines with their new SSG's (and a new admiral), or Blackbeard's enhanced Yonkou crew, or even the WG and Im (maybe he has an Ancient Weapon) and why he rules the world. I can see this lot being the ones to kill Kaidou, thus becoming an even greater menace for the SH's to overcome as we reach the end of the story.

F

Fallen Prince

Zkk my ass

Never understood the outrage at the thought of Zoro killing someone already beaten to near death.....that's like complaining about Sanji killing Katakuri after Luffy knocked him out.
Guess they all thought zoro will go complete maverick .

Last edited by a moderator: