Future Events Straw Hats realy needs more Members?

I see a lot of people speculating about Carrot, Yamato, Marco, Smoker, Law, Katakuri, Tama, even Ceaser (only idiots think that) being future Straw Hat nakamas, but do we really need more crew members? Will these characters have enough development to be from the Straw Hats?

They don't need more members. The reason resides in the fleet members allying with Luffy's crew. There is no crew or organisation with stronger fighters than Luffy's crew and his allies (all of them + his fleet) if he calls them to fight with him.
Oda actually nerfed Luffy in Wano by having his fleet not coming, had he call them the raid would be over by now

No, even jimbei feels forced because he doesn't seem that necessary to the crew outside battles given how far they traveled already and tbh I never felt any tension during naval battles like in ennies lobby so I don't see the need for a competent helmsman

But it is how it is, Yamato is likely gonna be the last member to join the crew

Last edited:
In my opinion, not at all. They don't need anymore crewmembers. They're strong enough to take care of higher ranked crewmembes of an emperor crew, while the grand fleet can take care of the rest. On top of that I feel Oda already has trouble giving proper focus to both the straw hats and the secondary characters, Heck Jinbe has been absent for the last 10 chapters already.
Now Oda does whatever he wants, and Blackbeard having ten captains could imply another straw hat is joining but it wouldn't bother me at all if Jinbe happened to be the last.

Last edited:
Not really; new characters need time to grow. However, at this point we don’t have time to do that.

I think if we add pre established characters it’s fine:
Vivi is fine as she’s pre established, has grown and we understand her role, and Sabo can take the same role that Oden did on Rogers crew so that also works, and he also has his character role and growth already.

That really is about it.

I used to think so just because its kind of questionable how a crew of 10 people can take on Yonkou fleets with 20000+ (even if the majority is fodder, only like 3/4 of the SHs can realistically take on more than like 1000 fodders).

Unfortunately, Oda's poor handling of basically half the SHs post-TS makes me kind of not want to have any additional members.

Frankly (no pun intended) speaking, I feel that the crew was complete since Franky joined... After that, there's no need for a new member... Since then, we got 2 more and another one is imminent...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Yamato to join (I'm fine with Brook and Jinbe as well), but to answer the question objectively without any bias, members up to Franky was enough...

tbh i lke the idea of Caesar joining the crew more than Yamato, he has a gag and he also a scientist, he can help to make a weapon for Usopp and Franky like what he did to Monster Chopper lmao but yeah its impossible.

Yea I'd say at most 1 more. Rogers crew was considered really small already and they only had 36 members. I think oda understands having a extremely small crew facing thousands is a little hard to explain without making the crew just op which is why we got the grand fleet so Luffy has his own numbers. But I see at most we get 1 more after yamato. Yamato joining makes the crew past yonko level to me and adding a bunch more makes it overkill.

I used to think that we will get more members
But not anymore
I think Jinbe is the last one

BUT if there is anyone else joining, that character is definitely not going to be new… rather he will already be an established character who is developed and with many moments with the crew… kinda like Bon Clay as an example but not necessarily him, just an example