Anime Discussion [Suicide Squad Isekai Season 2024] Anime Seasonals - General Discussion

Do you want more pinned threads in this section? For example a thread dedicated for anime news?

• Total voters
Ngl this season mostly bores me outside Sound Euphonium S3 & to lesser extent Spice & Wolf Remake and Yuru Camp, however i love season 3 of Sound Euphonium and the chatacter development so this season isn't a total flop for me.

That being said i can't wait for Sakamoto Days later this year and really hope Netflix doesn't ruin it.

Solo Leveling was never popular in Japan.

Also Solo Leveling portrays Japan as villains, so that's another reason why the Japanese people don't like it.

Webtoons/Korean Manhwa in general are and were never popular in Japan, if anything Solo Leveling is still the most popular out of those in Japan. Anime and now Chinese Donghua adaptations of Korean Manhwa/Webtoons are made with Korean, Chinese + Southeast Asia & American markets in mind, Webtoons aren't as widespread in Europe either from what i've seen.

Nooooo Dungeon Meshi is now over, but I'm really happy that Season 2 was announced.

Dungeon Meshi has now become one of my favorite anime of 2024, this series was really great, funny, and as the episodes kept going it became more and more interesting from the characters to the lore as well.

I had so much fun watching Dungeon Meshi, this series along with Frieren, are two of the best non isekai fantasy anime I have seen.

Solo Leveling was never popular in Japan.

Also Solo Leveling portrays Japan as villains, so that's another reason why the Japanese people don't like it.
Not surprising given the very complicated and tumultuous relationship between Japanese and South Koreans. The wounds of the past are constantly opened up again.

Not surprising given the very complicated and tumultuous relationship between Japanese and South Koreans. The wounds of the past are constantly opened up again.

At least there have been steps for a more peaceful coexistence the last years even if out of necessity because of the danger of the PRC, but yeah the wounds are still deep and won't go away anytime soon.