Future Events Surpassing the Expectations

Will Zoro beat even Death itself?

• Of course, you didnt have to ask.

• No, leave Brook's cousin in peace.

Results are only viewable after voting.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
When you see a nik87 thread, you know what time it is.

At this point, it is basically a pattern, both for Zoro as well as for his opponents. Oda is upping whatever expectations we had for them.
You dont have to take my word for it, you yourselves know the best when it comes to what expectations you had for Zoro before rooftop.
From beating a Fishman underwater or beating a Logia through fear alone to beating a walking mountain or a Lunarian in the sky, every Zoro's achievement has been nothing short of simply amazing. It may not have looked much back then when it happened but even now, how many characters can say they achieved similar...

The feats themselves are slowly getting more and more spotlight as time passes because nobody gets even close to Zoro's performance even many years later. The walking mountain is returning in Blackbeard's crew to be EOS challenge for one of the Strawhats, the Lunarian children are being hailed as peak of humanity thanks to King's DNA, Dragon Damnation being a far better feat than Shanks' Divine Departure, the "peers" from Worst Generation being unable to block a many times weaker attack than Hakai that Zoro blocked and continued fighting afterwards as well as surviving its doubled effect...

The 2nd guy ever to leave a permanent scar on WSC's dragon scales, the 1st ever to achieve it without aCoC, however you slice it, it is clear that Zoro is just getting started and he already rules this game with his achievements. Needless to say:

The author needs to narratively outdo every previous Zoro's opponent in some way so you are about to see why this might be hard to do.
Consider what he did in Wano - he upped fighting a super tough guy like Kaido by fighting an even tougher guy King.
Oda surpassed Kaido's dragon scales that lower the damage by a significant degree with a guy who has complete damage immunity.
Where do we go from there?!

Let's backtrack a little...
Ever since the walking mountain Pica, it seems that all Zoro's major future opponents will have an unbeatable state. That's what it takes!
You might wonder, what is this, what are you talking about?! Well, think, both Pica and King have a state in which they cannot be beaten.
As long as Pica is in the ground and not separated from it, he is unbeatable, safe under countless rocks that keep him hidden.
For King it was his racial ability that gave the whole race a godly status, the Lunarian flame that makes them invincible according to Zoro.

Zoro's opponents are usually easy to spot and in the future, 4 guys await us who need to surpass whatever came before them.
It's not hard to guess that Kizaru, bald Gorosei, Shiryu and Mihawk are those who need to up this insane game of Zoro's opponents.

Normal means cannot stop Zoro so every future opponent has to bring something insane to the table to stop the unstoppable.
At least for 10 minutes, which is how long Zoro's fights last. If that timer remains until EOS, it's another testament to Zoro's insane power.
Fighting for 10 days truly ends up like nothing but empty narrative hype when you cannot last 10 minutes against the green beast.

1. Kizaru, the OG Admiral with Unclear Justice is the guy who picked on Zoro wanting to kill him in Sabaody. He is next to face Zoro, imo.
A logia with an element that is not from this world like all other logias are, with nearly unlimited potential will test his luck against Zoro.
His means of stalling Zoro arent super toughness or racial abilities or incredible haki but an off-planetary element.
He too, like Pica and Alber before him, as well as others after him, should have a state of invincibility. This is a minimum requirement.
Light itself offers super speed and possible reflection due to sacred mirrors and he is probably in possession of a supreme-grade sword.
Coincidentally, he is an excellent swordsman as proven in his fight with the Dark King himself and Zoro's path of god is still pending.
He represents the Deva, the gods of this world, the Celestial Dragons even though the position can also be filled with bald Gorosei.

2. Speaking of which, a ruthless member of Imu's war council, the supreme authority of the world, Gorosei uses a supreme grade Kitetsu.
Paralleling Ohm the Sky breeder, the emphasis of the fight will likely be on the sword itself being special, just like Ohm's sword was.
We really dont know much about any of the Elders but we will soon have an idea of what they are like when Saturn starts fighting.
We can speculate that he either has a Devil Fruit of that he fed one to his sword to make the sword special.
How he will outdo Kizaru is a mystery but it is safe to say that it will most likely happen anyway. Expectations have to be surpassed.

3. I have seen plenty of people underestimating Shiryu and thinking that he will just be another "gimmick"... People still dont get it...
You need to have a "gimmick" to stand a chance against Zoro and that "gimmick" is another form of invincibility that others also had.
The usual downplayers will call him YC1 as if that meant anything anymore considering that we are way past High tiers in strength.
King himself left a YC1 Marco in the dust without breaking a sweat and proceeded to fight Zoro. Shiryu was a top tier back in pre-TS.
Dont make the mistake to underestimate him and even then, he will surpass the expectations. The later he comes into the game the more insane he needs to be to outdo his predecessors. Outdoing King, Kizaru and the Elder wont be an easy task. We already speculated how he will stall Zoro and many agree that it will be his DF, other than already being one of the strongest swordsmen in the world, that gives Zoro the most trouble...
Nothingness, which is the most likely Awakening of his fruit, is one of the two special moments for Zoro, as stated by Koushiro but more about that in another thread... All we need to know is that it will be a form of invincibility unique to the blood-thirsty Head Jailer.

4. Last but not least, the stage takes Hawk Eyes Mihawk, the strongest swordsman of all time, until now.
This is a fight that will focus on two things, the sword and the haki. There will be no racial abilities, no devil fruits, zero shenanigans.
The obstacle will be the strongest hakiman that ever walked the planet, the one who wields the mark of the strongest, a black blade.
Of course, like all others before him since Pica, he too will have a form of invincibility and it will come from Yoru itself, the strongest weapon in the whole world. As Dracule Mihawk said himself - surpass this blade, surpass me. Zoro will have to cut through the toughest object in existence. As you may know, Zoro's name means Dawn while Yoru means Night so for the Dawn to take over, Zoro will have to cut through the Night.

At that point, Zoro is a swordsman who can cut Everything and Nothing. He will be the strongest creature/man/swordsman, all in one.
However, it is not hard to predict that anti-Zolo gang will bring excuses and copium to the table and try to deny it.
The only question is whether Oda will move them into a check-mate or not...
Will he bring an opponent from a different world because nobody is left in the OP world to fight Zoro?!

I have talked before about One Piece's possible inspirations when I talked about the source material for Mihawk and I mentioned Castlevania as one of the possibilities. Once Dracula and other vampires have fallen, the protagonist of Castlevania fights the ultimate opponent - Brook's cousin that appeared before Zoro in Wano! Will Zoro beat even Death itself to send the denial gang into eternal depression?! I guess only time will tell.

With that line, we wrap up today's lesson. I hope I didnt bother you with too much text.
No wank, no baits, simply an observation of patterns that occur in Zoro's fights.

@Monkey D Monkey @kenedyfake @Topi Jerami @Sentinel @comrade @Den_Den_Mushi @trav @Demongodzolo @Marimo_420 @Aknolagon @Cyrus the Cactus @Rivaille @Monet @Garp the Fist @Gol D. Roger @Afroking @ImmaIvanoM @MarineHQ @Luffy bin Dragon @Luffy is the mc @Rmstorm @Fleet Leader Fenaker @yj @Fiji @Playa4321 @Guan Yu @Ice devil slayer @Sword God Ryuma @Zenos7 @Akai2 @MasterD @RayanOO @Haoshoku @Dark Hound @Camie @Thabeast @style @zorojurou @RyumaZoro @Gon’s Missing Arm @Yo Tan Wa @Orojackson Refugee @Sunita @IceWitch @ShadyOjiro @LolonoisZolo @Grumpy Zoro @HA001 OF THE RAIN @Natalija @Enma @Rukusho @Sade @Sadistic Senpai @stormylife @Geo @Reborn @Cinera @ShishioIsBack @Shishi @Nidai_Kitetsu @Mikail @mly90 @The White Crane @Gauntlet @Kuro Ashi @sanjikun @Extravlad @Lion of Olympus @Buusatan94 @AL sama @Patryipe @Kiwipom @Owl Ki @Salah WG @stairs-kun @BOCCHI @EtenBoby @Fujishiro @Bogard @Punpun @Seth @Elder Lee Hung @I'mTired @Gensui Sazid @Marco @Erkan12 @Blackbeard @Alpha @matt245 @God D usopp @Shanal @ConquistadoR @Jet Pistol @Captain Luffy @Brendan Schaub @park_min young @Daikenki @WesMidnight @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @serialwinnerv7 @Malick the last Light @yorosenpai @Shinsekai @King of the world @ShadowStyle369 @Daikenki @Seth @LadyVados @BornInAbyss @Fuckthis3 @ShiNoGekai @hayze moya @Meeyori @Franosuke @wys @Lor D. Coast @Kerkovian @wordy @Psychiatrist @kumae @Mr. Reloaded @Taylor_ @ChefboiiFuego @Blazing Lion @grey matter @Owari Da @Malio @OGshine @HAJI @Kurozumi Giggio @Mr.Baj1o @Red Admiral @Mr.9000 @Vanlax @Bt7207. @Croco boy @Herrera95 @JayKitetsu @LilPanda @hedera__helix @Redboy776 @Cruxroux @JoNdule

I mean there's definitely foreshadowing of Zoro vs a death like entity.

From his words in Arlong Park saying not even death himself can take his life and also the fact his Asura attack is called dead man's game.

It's a shame Oda never developed more on the whole grim reaper panel that Zoro seen in Wano. While you were wishing for ZKK that was the true tragedy that Zoro never developed that plot.

I can respect the Zoro wank though and his opposition will only get tougher. Shiryu will easily be admiral level come Zoro vs Shiryu.

Only thing I'd disagree with is the wording of your King and Kaido part. King is not tougher than Kaido but more durable due to his flame on mode. Tougher makes it sound like he's stronger than Kaido which he's nowhere near.

Cant see Zoro defeating Kizaru or any Admiral atm, more like high++ diff fight. Give him one more arc and he is definitely at their level.

As for Shiryu i have low expectations for now. If he somehow manages to push Garp anything close to high diff it will be a huge W.

I don’t know if you actually play castlevainia games.
Death serve Dracula. Dracula is final bosses on most castlevainia games.

While I disagree with shyrui and gorsei stuff but I can see kizaru and mihawk happening .

I can see zoro vs death but it won’t happen in oda mind.

What zoro see grim reaper is like near death experience. See near death experience on supernatural stuff on YouTube videos.

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I don’t know if you actually play castlevainia games.
Death serve Dracula. Dracula is final bosses on most castlevainia games.
In the Netflix show, Death uses Dracula to fuel himself as Dracula brought more death than anyone else.
That was making Death stronger, afaik.
Not sure how it went in the games but could have served as inspiration as it came out before One Piece.

Great and spot on thread as always. I agree Zoro vs Kizaru makes way more than sense. Zoros way of defeating his foes has most of the Time been way more impressive than how luffy defeats them. Luffy never defeated a Logia by simply crushing the Logia mentally without using any Haki for example. Zoro indeed has a Top 1 END OF STORY Potential due Kaidos factual Statement beeing "Haki surpasses all by naming Roger"

Zoro is a way more talented Haki user with a higher Potential than Luffy coming to the Mastery of Haki which gives him the edge against the likes of Gomu Gomu D Plot and Blackbeard who are getting carried by their Devil Fruit right now in the Story

https://flic.kr/p/2o6R8gT

Great and spot on thread as always. I agree Zoro vs Kizaru makes way more than sense. Zoros way of defeating his foes has most of the Time been way more impressive than how luffy defeats them. Luffy never defeated a Logia by simply crushing the Logia mentally without using any Haki for example. Zoro indeed has a Top 1 END OF STORY Potential due Kaidos factual Statement beeing "Haki surpasses all by naming Roger"

Zoro is a way more talented Haki user with a higher Potential than Luffy coming to the Mastery of Haki which gives him the edge against the likes of Gomu Gomu D Plot and Blackbeard who are getting carried by their Devil Fruit right now in the Story

https://flic.kr/p/2o6R8gT

Haki talent or not Zoro is not surpassing the MC. They will be pretty close in strength in the end of the series but thats it.

Its better for all of you to accept it and not sound like some crazy Sanji wankers that insist he is on par or stronger than Zoro.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Haki talent or not Zoro is not surpassing the MC. They will be pretty close in strength in the end of the series but thats it.

Its better for all of you to accept it and not sound like some crazy Sanji wankers that insist he is on par or stronger than Zoro.
Did you forget the Whiskey Peak fight?
Or Thriller Bark moment of taking Luffy's dmg on top of his own?
Or rooftop performance being second to none?
When it comes to strength, Zoro's only challenge is Zoro from yesterday.
Author himself is giving Zoro insane challenges as I have just explained. People who are literally invincible, instead of just being strong.

C

Cruxroux

I still believe , Shiryu sword has a df as well.
It's humanly impossible to match with someone like Magallen with just a sword in your hand.
Not to forget he was full capable of Taking down the whole crew himself according to magallen , But he choose freedom over slavery

I still believe , Shiryu sword has a df as well.
It's humanly impossible to match with someone like Magallen with just a sword in your hand.
Not to forget he was full capable of Taking down the whole crew himself according to magallen , But he choose freedom over slavery
Would be cool if it is.. Like not some random facts put on fodders like Mr.4 or Spandam.. But a Top Tier to actually have
that..