General & Others Sword (Zoro's) fights are really boring in One Piece

What I don't get is, if ya'll know Zoro can teleport, why don't yall believe us when we say Zoro is faster than Luffy and Sanji?:sus:
So Zoro can teleport himself :kawak:

you guys are low iq if u think this thread is about powerscaling Zoro ... it's just about the way Oda draws finishing blows

like for example i prefered what Kyros did where we see the full impact over Oda drawing Zoro behind EVERY single opponent he faces

Yh Pre Timeskip Luffy had far better finishers than Post Timeskip. Thats a fact.

and yeah it's not close , thats the only thing holding Luffy vs Katakuri for me compared to vs Lucci/Crocodile is the finishing blow being completely skipped

This isn't just a problem with sword fights, but with Sword Fights the problem gets worst because Sword Fights are supposed to be one shots so Oda doesn't have that much freedom regarding it

Yh Pre Timeskip Luffy had far better finishers than Post Timeskip. Thats a fact.
There used to be a time where Luffy used to have a unique Moveset instead of "hit hard, use gears to hit harder if that fails"

you guys are low iq if u think this thread is about powerscaling Zoro ... it's just about the way Oda draws finishing blows

like for example i prefered what Kyros did where we see the full impact over Oda drawing Zoro behind EVERY single opponent he faces

Where do you see me talk about Powerscaling? I’m just happy to realize that Zoro can teleport himself :myman:

S

Shuyaku

Not rly

Look at B vs Sasuke.Nice choreography and decent moves

Oda´s fights are either flashy or "look,i can hit hard"
Naruto and Bleach also have extra magical abilities on top of swordsmanship, it’s not just about cutting, which helps them greatly.

In general though, yeah Naruto beats OP as far as fights go, actually most action series do, OP is mediocre in that respect.

Naruto and Bleach also have extra magical abilities on top of swordsmanship, it’s not just about cutting, which helps them greatly.

In general though, yeah Naruto beats OP as far as fights go, actually most action series do, OP is mediocre in that respect.
Like i didnt even ask for good fights or more fights , i accepted that part of OP and more than fine with it ... I just dislike the way the finishing blows are which's a small improvement Oda could do to make these so much better

I think Sword fights are doomed with the ranged slashes and all that shit but Luffy's Gear 4 fights are starting to suffer from the same syndrome and I hope it changes like I'm really hoping to see Luffy bashes down Kaido's head and destroys all of Onigashima (like he did to Noah's ship)

my hope stays in Sanji and Jinbei (if they ever get any fights in the next decade lmao)

Kakashi vs Obito is top-notch or Pain vs Naruto.As well as almost all Chūnin Exams fight are great,i mean,Rock Lee vs Gaara...holy shit

DF users fighting > sword fighting of course.

There is a reason why almost every top tier is a DF user.
I actually think you can't deny by the way Oda draw Swords fights and how they one shot everyone that's close to their level makes them "look" stronger than they should be

Like for me both Kaido and Sakazuki are stronger than Mihawk and the 3 form my top 3 rn ... but if you tell me if Mihawk get a strike on either of them they are probably heavily injured and can't see a way to block it

same for Zoro , in theory Luffy and Kid should be stronger than him but if Oda draws Zoro striking either one of them they are done

I actually see it the other way around when powerscaling but for enjoyment which's the purpose of this thread , it blows dick as finishing blows

A middle panel where us readers see how Zoro cuts his opponent in that short burst attack would be nice, sure.
But his fights against Mr.1 and Kaku were good (vs Mr.1 awesome actually with all the hidden meanings behind the dialogues).

Against Apoo and Killer were crap, yeah. At least vs Killer Oda should showed us more of the fight, some more techniques, dialogue maybe, etc.
Vs Apoo the problem was that Oda wrote this subplot with the plague and antidote to drag out the thing until chapter 1000, pretty obviously. At least the last two panels here were awesome.

A middle panel where us readers see how Zoro cuts his opponent in that short burst attack would be nice, sure.
But his fights against Mr.1 and Kaku were good (vs Mr.1 awesome actually with all the hidden meanings behind the dialogues).

Against Apoo and Killer were crap, yeah. At least vs Killer Oda should showed us more of the fight, some more techniques, dialogue maybe, etc.
Vs Apoo the problem was that Oda wrote this subplot with the plague and antidote to drag out the thing until chapter 1000, pretty obviously. At least the last two panels here were awesome.
Ohm was good too, even if gimmicky. Zoro was forced to figure out a way to defeat him instead of "just slice harder"

I would say it's a combination of a lot of things like Oda doesn't want to draw people stabbed often or every swordsman using ranged slashes ... with these Sword fights imo are really unsatisfying or boring to read/watch in One Piece

and just to be clear it's not just about Sword fights but this occur in Sword fights more than other but the final clash being skipped is really unsatisfying imo and this is why ppl don't have Katakuri vs Luffy > Lucci vs Luffy even tho Kata's fight was better for 99% of it but look at each ending :

wtf is even going on at the end ? and in manga it's even worse like wtf is this :

Now compare it to the Lucci fight , it was full emotional AND EVERY SINGLE PUNCH LANDED :

In the manga it was even better :

To add on this before talking about Swordsman fights , here's another M3 in Sanji who gets to fight (sometimes lmao when Oda stop using him for pervert shit) but again just like Luffy most of his final attacks are shown to the full impact and it's so good to see

Let's get to Swordsman fights shall we , it goes like this :

- Long range slashes
- for the final blow teleports behind you and the fight is over

And yes while Zoro looks badass af in all of these , I personally really dislike it and my dislike for sword fights began after Skypiea when Zoro learned ranged slashes (that shit is so boring) ...

at least I hope Zoro won't teleport behind Kaido when he's cutting him and I hope the fight vs Mihawk one day won't be ranged slashes vs ranged slashes

Also now that I'm re-reading One Piece it's not just a Sword/Zoro problem anymore since the TS most final attacks from Luffy are lackluster and lack any impact (like Cracker and Katakuri were wack af) and Sanji doesn't have any sadly
One Piece definitely needs more motion and variety when it comes to sword attacks.There's a lot of cool artistic ways to show someone being cut.....

I honestly think it would be hard to show Zoro actually hitting his opponent because of the blade in his goddam mouth. It seems pretty cool, but in all practicality, how the hell do you slash someone with a blade in your mouth? (while also slashing said person with swords in either hand). Unless Zoro is rotating like Killer Bee in Naruto, it just doesn't make sense for him to seemingly move in a straight line direction as depicted in the manga.

lol Naruto and bleach fight being better 🤣🤣

Atleast give some good example 😂

Its cause Zoro has yet to fight with pure swordsman . Also every battle of strongest swordsman ends quickly thats how swordsman fight

Go watch old anime like samurai x and etc

One piece has combination of everything thats pure swordsman battle will be rare to see . Hope Wano do the justice

King might be one to deliver it

One Piece is not known for its fights. Lack of fight strategy, lack of choreography, skipping most fights, and too brief.

It's not a Zoro problem, but a One Piece problem since beginning of series.
One piece fights were never really "great" but they used to fullfill their purpose. Luffy Vs Arlong wasn't supposed to impress you with strategy but make you want Luffy to punch Arlong's skull out . They weren't offensively bad or pointless. Simple but effective

The problem with more recent fights is that they are neither good nor do they have emotional weight.

A

admiralfanboy69420

One piece fights were never really "great" but they used to fullfill their purpose. Luffy Vs Arlong wasn't supposed to impress you with strategy but make you want Luffy to punch Arlong's skull out . They weren't offensively bad or pointless. Simple but effective

The problem with more recent fights is that they are neither good nor do they have emotional weight.
2 people face off, clash with Haki sparks, and disengage or remainder of fight is not shown. 95 percent of post-timeskip fights