Speculations Sword

I think sword was created by garp. He always wanted the freedom to act independently within the marines, he even declined the admiral seat partly for that.
Considering that he always wanted to "catch" (meaning fight) strong pirates, like roger or chinjao (he crushed him but didn't catch/imprison him), sword was the most suitable option for garp.
Do whatever you do, but if you mess up, you bear the consequenses alone. That's garps way, I would say.

Also I think coby and helmeppo are part of sword because of their relationship with garp, meaning he inspired them to join sword and work under him.

What do you guys think?

I think sword was created by garp. He always wanted the freedom to act independently within the marines, he even declined the admiral seat partly for that.
Considering that he always wanted to "catch" (meaning fight) strong pirates, like roger or chinjao (he crushed him but didn't catch/imprison him), sword was the most suitable option for garp.
Do whatever you do, but if you mess up, you bear the consequenses alone. That's garps way, I would say.

Also I think coby and helmeppo are part of sword because of their relationship with garp, meaning he inspired them to join sword and work under him.

What do you guys think?
If you're right, this could be good news
Maybe the members of SWORD follow in garps footsteps by refusing promotion. Maybe they are much stronger than their rank would have you assume, but the choose to staybat lower positions so that they could seem unimportant and unruly and be more likely to get tossed in SWORD with Garp.

If you're right, this could be good news
Maybe the members of SWORD follow in garps footsteps by refusing promotion. Maybe they are much stronger than their rank would have you assume, but the choose to staybat lower positions so that they could seem unimportant and unruly and be more likely to get tossed in SWORD with Garp.
Their rank doesnt mean they are weak, they are HQ marines, they are already 3 times stronger than average marines with the same rank