General & Others The Alliance won't lose even a single fight against two Yonkos and their top commanders is an ass pull

Did you really expect the M3, Law, and Kidd to lose???? Kaido was going to fall. Big Mom is a surprise but with so many worst generation players in this arc, this was the obvious outcome.

My biggest gripe is that the Beast Pirates didn't come across as legit threats. If they were threats then maybe there would be some casualties.

H

Herrera95

My first thread.

Who would have imagined three years ago someone saying the alliance would defeat two Yonkos in Wano and their top commanders and there will be no defeats among the alliance? And here we are today where none of the alliance has suffered any consequences against two Yonkos and their commanders. Zero consequences! It feels like the One Piece community has no standards whatsoever and all they care about are "super duper new secret techniques".
Parceiro, já identifiquei você como brasileiro e como espectador do canal Geek Véio.

@topic

Imagine all those legends from the past who never could defeat Yonkos. WhiteBeard afraid of losing his sons on a all out war with only Kaido.

Roger afraid of picking a fight against Big Mom.

Akauni afraid of Wano samurais.

Garp, Sengoku, Kong were never able to take down any Yonko.

Shanks... doing nothing.

That's because those "legends of the past" never teamed up with each other :kayneshrug:. That's why they never changed anything. Everyone was afraid of losing territories and man power, but the worst gen, having none of that, didn't care and just fought. And Kaidou hasn't even lost yet, there can still be casualties, though that's doubtful.

The alliance will lose only when Luffy lose

Oda always make Luffy carry the burden of either winning or losing, that's his idea of what role the captain or leader play in a war

He's even doing this with the beast pirates, Oda is showing similarities between Luffy and SHs and also Kaido and beast pirates with King and Zoro as the best example

Time and Time again Oda focused on this arc on how the alliance moral depands on how well Luffy is doing, Kaido stated that if he simply showed his head to his allies the war would be over, but their confidence in Luffy pushed them to do well against their opponents

another interesting tidbit is Luffy dialogue, Luffy declared several times he won't die to Kaido, saying no matter the number of tries, if he doesn't die he will always have the chance to take him down

this idea was pushed further by two important scenes, when Kaido knocked Luffy out the first and second time, Kaido stated that even when unconscious Luffy is still staring at him, so making Luffy lose consciousness is not enough, "Kaido must kill him"

this is the story of the fight and this war as a whole, the captains will decide the fate of the war, let's wait and see

Luffy lost against Kaido twice
Zoro and Law also lost against Kaido
Kid and Law lost briefly in 1038
Nami and Usopp lost to Ulti and Page One
Carrot and Wanda lost to Perospero
The Scabbards got bodied by Kaido

You get what I mean by now

If you were expecting there to be lasting losses on the side of the Wano Alliance, then get out of that Marineford mindset because that won't happen, the goal and expected outcome of this arc is victory over Kaido, Big Mom and the Beasts Pirates and not a loss like in Sabaody or Marineford

"I'm not talking about everyone I'm talking about like 6 guys specifically" and then you ignore that all of those guys have lost at least once this raid. Hilarious

Why should I even argue with people who are being smart alecks like children? "Luffy lost twice to Kaido"???? "Law and Kidd lost to KAido"? Yea Zoro really got defeated by Kaido because in Zoro's defeat he was able to get up and defeat King, what a great defeat Zoro had by Kaido. Luffy was soo defeated by Kaido twice that he was able to get back up and continue the fight with Kaido.

If you were expecting there to be lasting losses on the side of the Wano Alliance, then get out of that Marineford mindset because that won't happen, the goal and expected outcome of this arc is victory over Kaido, Big Mom and the Beasts Pirates and not a loss like in Sabaody or Marineford
And that is why Wano is hated. No tension, no nothing. This is why people say One Piece is the next Fairy Tail.