Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

On a side note, I feel Big Mom's homie Misery was also inspired by the Stephen King film of the same name. I've not seen anyone bring it up yet, its what I thought of automatically when I saw it in the chapter:

A psychotic and obsessive fan of an author takes him hostage after he crashes near her house or something and forces him to finish the story he was working on or something? Not letting him leave/escape at all, including breaking his legs to make sure he can't escape and making him do rewrites of his own stories or the current one he's working on at least to suit her fantasies I think? I've not seen the film but vaguely remembering what I've seen and heard of it lol.

Doesn't this sound just like Big Mom and her severe abandonment and control freak issues? Literally turning psychotic and physically abusive when her children try to leave her and having hatred for anyone who does in general, trying to punish them and force them to make sacrifices like with her roulette?

Oda really glossed over that with Jinbei too, I find it hard to believe he was scared of facing it, that moment felt very odd, I'm sure they were lying about him being scared about it but how did he get away without facing any sacrifices/consqeuences of it anyway? But he also apparently escaped her territory with no sacrifices/casualties/major injuries or whatever too.

D

Deleted member 83

On a side note, I feel Big Mom's homie Misery was also inspired by the Stephen King film of the same name. I've not seen anyone bring it up yet, its what I thought of automatically when I saw it in the chapter:

A psychotic and obsessive fan of an author takes him hostage after he crashes near her house or something and forces him to finish the story he was working on or something? Not letting him leave/escape at all, including breaking his legs to make sure he can't escape and making him do rewrites of his own stories or the current one he's working on at least to suit her fantasies I think? I've not seen the film but vaguely remembering what I've seen and heard of it lol.

Doesn't this sound just like Big Mom and her severe abandonment and control freak issues? Literally turning psychotic and physically abusive when her children try to leave her and having hatred for anyone who does in general, trying to punish them and force them to make sacrifices like with her roulette?

Oda really glossed over that with Jinbei too, I find it hard to believe he was scared of facing it, that moment felt very odd, I'm sure they were lying about him being scared about it but how did he get away without facing any sacrifices/consqeuences of it anyway? But he also apparently escaped her territory with no sacrifices/casualties/major injuries or whatever too.
Annie Wilkes is dub by Big Mom VA in Japanese

Wouldn't be the first time we got a Stephen King reference with BM

Status
Not open for further replies.