Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/7avcov
https://ivynajspyder.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F35231585639
I remember reading the 7 Warlords in OP are based off of the 7 bad guys in RS2 but after playing this game there’s many more subtle influences.

Downloaded the game on mobile, this games pretty frickin’ hard but the story is quite awesome.

The game takes places across a bunch of generations. You start off as an small kingdom trying to expand its borders and fight off the 7 Heroes who are supposed to save the world but are in fact enslaving it.

Your Characters have set amount of times they can die before they die permanently. However when that happens their successors can inherit the abilities you learned.

The game spans 1000 years or so with your characters dying or every couple of missions a generational skip happens and you having to pick a successor to inherit your “will”.

You get more territories by helping other kingdoms or towns out and they join your Empire. Many areas give you access to new types of party members.

I think the Will of “D” in OP is definitely related to this and the Revolutionary Army feels like this.

Some other observations:

mermaids being pretty and mermen looking like fish in the game.

Volcano proof stone tablets as a means to read past events in game.

Amazons with a snake like temple

I’m not done with the game yet but thought it was so awesome was hoping I’d have someone to discuss it with here

Here you go for a little known theory from Japan…

The Seven Warlords and the Seven Heroes?

Something I see a lot on Japanese OP sites is the idea that Oda got inspiration for the Shichibukai from another set of seven- The Seven Heroes from Romancing Saga 2, a game from the early 90’s.

If it’s a coincidence it’s an awful big one, because their abilities are identical.

Rocbouquet - The queen of an island of warrior woman who has a temptation skill that charms men. (Hancock)

Kujinshi - He steals souls and can create zombies. (Moria)

Dantarg - A ‘tyrant’ who modified his body to become stronger. (Kuma)

Bokuohn - He controls people like puppets. (Doflamingo)

Subier - A half octopus merman who controls the flow of the ocean to use as a weapon. (Jinbei)

Noel - A powerful swordsman with a strict code of honor. (Mihawk)

Wagnas - He doesn’t have sand powers, BUT his plot is that he wanted to find an ancient inscription telling the location of a powerful weapon so he could take over a country. (…Crocodile?)

…And apparently he is both male and female. (Something like a male soul possessing a female body.)

o_o …Huh.

Needless to say this is used as evidence for the 'Crocodile was a woman’ theory quite often.

Somethin to think about :B

Btw Hancock's character is the brother of Mihawk's!

https://megashadowdragon.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F161134356147

D

Deleted member 83

:lusalty:
Kids are leeches, why would someone ever want them
They can be cute, though most of the times obnoxious

I let my young cousin play Kirby on switch once, he wasn’t able to solve the “puzzles” without my help and was getting his ass kicked, ended up saying the game is very badly designed that’s why he’s struggling with it

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/7avcov
https://ivynajspyder.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F35231585639
I remember reading the 7 Warlords in OP are based off of the 7 bad guys in RS2 but after playing this game there’s many more subtle influences.

Downloaded the game on mobile, this games pretty frickin’ hard but the story is quite awesome.

The game takes places across a bunch of generations. You start off as an small kingdom trying to expand its borders and fight off the 7 Heroes who are supposed to save the world but are in fact enslaving it.

Your Characters have set amount of times they can die before they die permanently. However when that happens their successors can inherit the abilities you learned.

The game spans 1000 years or so with your characters dying or every couple of missions a generational skip happens and you having to pick a successor to inherit your “will”.

You get more territories by helping other kingdoms or towns out and they join your Empire. Many areas give you access to new types of party members.

I think the Will of “D” in OP is definitely related to this and the Revolutionary Army feels like this.

Some other observations:

mermaids being pretty and mermen looking like fish in the game.

Volcano proof stone tablets as a means to read past events in game.

Amazons with a snake like temple

I’m not done with the game yet but thought it was so awesome was hoping I’d have someone to discuss it with here

Here you go for a little known theory from Japan…

The Seven Warlords and the Seven Heroes?

Something I see a lot on Japanese OP sites is the idea that Oda got inspiration for the Shichibukai from another set of seven- The Seven Heroes from Romancing Saga 2, a game from the early 90’s.

If it’s a coincidence it’s an awful big one, because their abilities are identical.

Rocbouquet - The queen of an island of warrior woman who has a temptation skill that charms men. (Hancock)

Kujinshi - He steals souls and can create zombies. (Moria)

Dantarg - A ‘tyrant’ who modified his body to become stronger. (Kuma)

Bokuohn - He controls people like puppets. (Doflamingo)

Subier - A half octopus merman who controls the flow of the ocean to use as a weapon. (Jinbei)

Noel - A powerful swordsman with a strict code of honor. (Mihawk)

Wagnas - He doesn’t have sand powers, BUT his plot is that he wanted to find an ancient inscription telling the location of a powerful weapon so he could take over a country. (…Crocodile?)

…And apparently he is both male and female. (Something like a male soul possessing a female body.)

o_o …Huh.

Needless to say this is used as evidence for the 'Crocodile was a woman’ theory quite often.

Somethin to think about :B

Btw Hancock's character is the brother of Mihawk's!

https://megashadowdragon.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F161134356147
@Bogard didn't you say that game = warlords shit ages ago ?
I'm sure we had the convo

Weevil will be in everyones top 10 after this chapter
Top 10 most forced and useless characters?

Jk jk. I think he'll be a good character. Not great. He'll probably be all about strength. And maybe fights the Strawhats then makes friends with them and sacrifices himself for them.

After all, I heard an editor cried after hearing his story. And you know how great it is when even professional editors cry.....

Status
Not open for further replies.