Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting that when Stephen read the first brief spoilers that implied 'hanagata' was just referring to Zoro only and not both Zoro and Sanji as he interpreted based on the context of the last scene, he and Greg decided to ask Oda's editor (since in japanese it could have been either), and the editor said he took it as both Zoro and Sanji as 'hanagata'.
Stephen when he sees an opportunity to downplay Sanji

I don’t think Stepehen gives a shit. He did the same thing when Zoro says Behead in the Raw, but he writes cut. Then Zoro fans @ him bc he didn’t use proper translations. I think he’s just doing his job. Not the job of translators who’ve studied japanese for more years than even Japanese ppl for some crusty weebs to disrespect their literal craft.

Let the man breathe

Very interesting that when Stephen read the first brief spoilers that implied 'hanagata' was just referring to Zoro only and not both Zoro and Sanji as he interpreted based on the context of the last scene, he and Greg decided to ask Oda's editor (since in japanese it could have been either), and the editor said he took it as both Zoro and Sanji as 'hanagata'.
What's interesting about that?

I don’t think Stepehen gives a shit. He did the same thing when Zoro says Behead in the Raw, but he writes cut. Then Zoro fans @ him bc he didn’t use proper translations. I think he’s just doing his job. Not the job of translators who’ve studied japanese for more years than even Japanese ppl for some crusty weebs to disrespect their literal craft.

Let the man breathe
I will start a sandman for Engish VIZ translator campaign :akaman:

I will start a sandman for Engish VIZ translator campaign :akaman:
Lmao, I bet you, you and a lot of fans will have the same problems in a year or so. Translators need to remain discreet imo. I rmmbr some MHA official scan translators got sent death threats and active stalking of their homes/beings for certain translations

Ppl needa fucking chill, they don’t get paid enough for this shit

Stephen doesn’t really care in all honesty. Like the only blatant time his translation was weird was Brooks line before he left BM to Robin where he Brook complimented Sanji but Stephen just had him laugh. May have just been that he thought it fit the context more but I wouldn’t say he downplays Sanji.

Let the man do his job in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.