Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never say something as irresponsible as "give the rest of Wano a chance".
Honestly, just assume it's gonna be a "bread and butter disney shounen formula" and keep your expectations pointed towards the future arcs. That's what I've been doing for the last chapters and, to me, it worked wonders.
To be fair, OP reached this point due to Oda, for the better or worse. He's the proud author that doesn't like suggestions because "the story wouldn't be mine anymore". lol.
Dude's developed a narcissistic complex it it isn't even funny.
He hates when people criticize him due the women's bodies, so he double down on the aberrations he calls "women's bodies" that look like they have no internal organs due to lack of space.
He hates that people talked shit about Zoro, so he makes Zoro up until Wano a complete unidimensional character that just doesn't strive anymore and whose path to becoming strong was basically cheated out of our perspective due to the Time Skip.
He hates when people tell him to tone Sanji's pervert level down, so he goes PLUS ULTRA on the japanese sex offender gag like that Meliodas from 7 deadly sins.
Dude's on a pedestal and he tries to make people acknowledge it every chance he gets.
"I WANT TO DRAW USELESS AND BIZARRE GIFTERS THAT ADD NOTHING!" What about the readers? "FUCK THE READERS" is Oda's mentality.
Those letters of "thank you for sticking with Luffy and me" are more "Yes, keep worshipping me, you fucking maggots, and I, as a benevolent entity, might give your favorite character some feats as a treat."
The reasons I hate Wano have nothing to do with the theme itself, but the narrative decisions and how he conducts the story and characters throughout the arc.
10/10 post.

G

Gorosei Informer

I would never say something as irresponsible as "give the rest of Wano a chance".
Aye, I can appreciate that for real.

Honestly, just assume it's gonna be a "bread and butter disney shounen formula" and keep your expectations pointed towards the future arcs. That's what I've been doing for the last chapters and, to me, it worked wonders.
Yeah, I need to try to learn to do that and temper my expectations otherwise I'm just gonna have another temper tantrum instead ironically!
That is exactly the case now sadly and its saddening and frustrating.

To be fair, OP reached this point due to Oda, for the better or worse. He's the proud author that doesn't like suggestions because "the story wouldn't be mine anymore". lol.
He hates when people criticize him due the women's bodies, so he double down on the aberrations he calls "women's bodies" that look like they have no internal organs due to lack of space.
He hates that people talked shit about Zoro, so he makes Zoro up until Wano a complete unidimensional character that just doesn't strive anymore and whose path to becoming strong was basically cheated out of our perspective due to the Time Skip.
He hates when people tell him to tone Sanji's pervert level down, so he goes PLUS ULTRA on the japanese sex offender gag like that Meliodas from 7 deadly sins.
Dude's on a pedestal and he tries to make people acknowledge it every chance he gets.
On god this makes so much sense tbh. I've felt Oden is a self insert for Oda and how much he wanks him off, makes him so glorified might be him symbolising how Japan treats OP like a religion pretty much, how it has its own restaurants including a replica of the Sunny, the theatre events, the Kyoto event I think it was that was like an AU Wano story, the statues and so on ofc.

I found a statement by one of his editors saying you can't criticise him or something but I'm struggling to find it now for some reason, it was something Sandman translated but I can't find it somehow...

I hate that shit he does with women's anatomy, its so ridiculous and makes me wonder what he's thinking. Normally I think people might be over-exaggerating but in this case,its far too much for sure, especially with the almost non-existent waists and huge busts which Toei makes even worse ofc lol.

Yeah, Zoro getting training from Mihawk was a very conflicting/divisive moment for me, I've never entirely loved it despite being a huge fanboy of both characters, it's just not right imo deep down. I think Zoro should have trained with Rayleigh instead or maybe Shanks somehow ironically lmao. Or say I say Vista? Hahaha. Seriously though, its a very divisive choice by Oda and I do love the further screen time and characterisation of Mihawk and thus Zoro and also Perona too surprisingly, especially taking in the Perona novel too but I'm sure Oda did it mostly for the hype if anything. There's other reasons it can and does work that others can argue ofc but I don't think its right that he trained with Mihawk although I can sort of understand why Oda did it too for narrative/thematic reasons or w/e.

I really hate how unidimensional Zoro was post TS, I can agree with that so hard too. Zoro was so interesting, mysterious, badass, funny, cool etc pre TS and I felt he lost some of that post TS and turned up the badassery, stoicness and such but I appreciate that he was more serious too, especially given how Luffy and some of the others were behaving and flanderised too. But I am immensely frustrated with how little we've gained on Zoro since the post TS started and especially in freaking Wano of all arcs, sigh.

Man, I hate how he flanderised Sanji's perversion more than anything, Sanji suffered the worst post TS easily. Oda really made it difficult to be a Sanji fan since the TS but I learnt to stop blaming Sanji and recognise what happens to him is Oda's deliberate choices and intentions, he's not a real person and just ultimately a fantasy creation falling victim to the deranged whims of their mad author/creator.

I despaired so much when Oda did the whole Okama shit with Sanji over the TS and then when I saw how awesome he looked post TS, I got hope up again, only for him to become a lot more like Absalom post TS and to creep on Perona so much. Then FMI and Punk Hazard happened and we had those moments that caused me so much despair, anguish, fury and such, especially the nosebleed incident, sigh.

The OP community has become so much like a cult than it already was, Youtubers are afraid to speak their real thoughts and be more openly critical of OP, Drizzt ends up being the scapegoat/butt of jokes because he openly and unashamedly criticses Oda and once he released the part 1 of his Downfall of OP video, he opened the floodgates of hate upon himself ironically. But even since WCI, he was the designated villain of the community by the community and their punching bag to blame for feeling anything than completely unbridled elation/worship/pleasure from and for OP.

"I WANT TO DRAW USELESS AND BIZARRE GIFTERS THAT ADD NOTHING!" What about the readers? "FUCK THE READERS" is Oda's mentality.
Those letters of "thank you for sticking with Luffy and me" are more "Yes, keep worshipping me, you fucking maggots, and I, as a benevolent entity, might give your favorite character some feats as a treat."
The reasons I hate Wano have nothing to do with the theme itself, but the narrative decisions and how he conducts the story and characters throughout the arc.
The gifters are unironically the worst part of OP for me so far, he's gone beyond the Sanji and other SHs flanderisation, the Sanji nosebleed incident, the clowning of Big Mom, Orochi and everything else with them. I absolutely hate their existence and the sheer overwhelming wasted potential of Kaidos army especially as BMs army which seemed bad back at WCI is much more impressive compared to Kaido's now too. I was joking that Kaido should have robot animals like Dr Robotnik uses and that would be unironically better than the shitty gifters who are the worst designs I've ever seen! All for some of the stupidest fucking gags ever! Sigh...

LMFAO, thats so true hahahaha, its like Oda is Pudding and the way she charmed and manipulated Sanji and when the fans aren't around, he probably talks MAD SHIT about them and makes so much fun of them! Homelander from The Boys and celebrities IRL are a great example of this too, that lovable public persona vs them going mask off and showing what they really think and feel. I've always wanted to know what Oda really thinks and feels about the fan base, imagine if it got exposed? The copium/mental gymnastics and outrage would be IMMENSE!

That's exactly it too, Oda is dangling that "proverbial carrot" in front of us, the carrot on a stick which is extremely ironic given how he's handled Carrot too. That is so apt especially as one of the people who waited 18 years for Robin to finally get another real fight, a proper dedicated brawl at that, 10 years for Jinbei to finally officially join the crew and however the fuck long its been since Brook joined and thus for him to get a real 1v1 fight on-screen that he wins too lmfao and no Zeo the fishman doesn't count!

Yeah exactly, its the narrative decisions, the pacing, a lot of the characters and as you said how he conducts the story and characters that are the issue. Wano has very interesting themes like other arcs, I really like Oden's sacrifices, the complex history of Orochi and the Kurozumis vs the ciitizens of Wano, the themes of deities and humans vs onis and such in Wano for example.

WELL SAID, BRAVO

Status
Not open for further replies.