Chapter Discussion The Battle of Hango - Megathread

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
So is Riboku a Gary Stu only because he wins? Because he was defeated at the Coalition War and by Ousen at Gyou, so…

In war, sure he beats Moubu. Army vs army Moubu destroys him.
he sat on his ass for most of the coalition war though, the moment he moved he killed duke hyou the one general he said he couldn't beat

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Houken killed Duke Hyou lol, not Riboku. Riboku was pretty soundly defeated by Sei/Yotanwa.
Houken killed him due to rbks plan to make that formation thing even without houken there the duke wouldve died eventually.
And yeah i give you that he couldnt take the city but it took the second most bs asspull in the story with the civilians rallying under sei.

Reebok is a boring gary sue character, everything about him can be defined by ''all according to keikaku''
lol

You are aware that this manga is a fiction based on real history, yes? Perhaps others have enlightened you to this already, but the real Ri Boku's historically accepted accomplishments were actually even greater and achieved under even more difficult circumstances than depicted in Hara's manga.

Hard to believe, I know. But sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
lol

You are aware that this manga is a fiction based on real history, yes? Perhaps others have enlightened you to this already, but the real Ri Boku's historically accepted accomplishments were actually even greater and achieved under even more difficult circumstances than depicted in Hara's manga.

Hard to believe, I know. But sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

When NE army and HSU met with Ousen, Youtanwa and Ouhon, NE army + HSU had 208000 soldiers. On battlefield is deployed 250000 soldiers, 70000 on Qin left wing. This chapter is confirmed that on left wing is 20000 NE soldiers, that means that Youtanwa had 50000 soldiers with her from beginning. So Yountanwa army + NE army +HSU have 258000 soldiers. If Ouhon, Ousen and his generals had at least 10000 people with them it`s anothe 50000 soldiers. So Qin might have army of 50k+ soldiers hidden somewhere.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
So overall I think this is a pretty solid win for Qin, we will have to see how this battle plays out ofc but I foresee a hardfought Qin victory here.
Oh how the Godboku has turned the tides
:steef::steef::steef:

What appeared at first to be a hard victory for the Qin is now looking like a pretty decisive victory for Zhao, and it’s all thanks to Riboku maneuvering the Qin’s greatest wild cards in Shin and Ouhon into not being able to come to Ousen’s aid against Shibashou.

Riboku is slowly but surely becoming the “Batman with prep time” meme. Riboku starts making plans and you know Qin is about to start swallowing L’s.

Yeah, I don’t know how Ousen is supposed to reverse this situation. I wouldn’t be surprised if Yotanwa could move to the center battlefield actually, it is interesting that the supposed barrier locking her onto the left battlefield is a mountain range lol. Now I’m not sure if she even will be able to tell that she’s needed in the center but I think she can certainly afford to spare some men to Ousen’s center given that Yotanwa’s battlefield is where the Qin have the biggest advantage right now.

But gyat damn the Godboku strikes again. How is Qin supposed to eliminate Zhao with him alive.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Yotanwa could move to the center battlefield actually, it is interesting that the supposed barrier locking her onto the left battlefield is a mountain range lol. Now I’m not sure if she even will be able to tell that she’s needed in the center but I think she can certainly afford to spare some men to Ousen’s center given that Yotanwa’s battlefield is where the Qin have the biggest advantage right now.
I wonder about that.

When Yotanwa send part of her forces to siege Hango she thinks it could be too soon and the manga never really explained what she meant by this. But looking at it now it makes more sense. Even if the siege succeeds that is not much help since they got rid of precious troops that normally could be used to help Ousen. It might be the case where Ousen asks her for reinforments, but she's not in a position where she can afford sending anything.

I can't really blaim her, since at Ryouyou she basically won the battle by securing the city, but this time situation might be different assuming Zhao learned their lesson.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Alright guys, I have a theory about how Ousen might turn the tides on Shibashou just based on some other tactics videos I’ve been watching.

So Shibashou is currently fighting Ousen head on while also being pincered by Kanjou. We’ve been discussing Ousen retreating and I’ve been thinking about what he would do after retreating. So picture this:

Shibashou is being pincered by Ousen and Kanjou, Enkan is fighting the HSU/GH head on.

Let’s assume Shibashou can’t easily pincer Yotanwa because of the mountains.

So Ousen retreats south, and Kanjou moves his 20k north. Rather than pursuing Kanjou, Shibashou pincers the Qin right wing to devastate them. So now you have

Kanjou retreats, is reinforcing Sou’Ou

Enkan and Shibashou are now pincering Shin and Ouhon

Ousen has retreated to BFE

So it may look like the Qin right wing is checkmated right? Well, now imagine if Kanjou once again attacks Shibashou, and then Ousen returns now that Shibashou is being pincered and double pincers him. So now the situation becomes:

Shibashou is being triple pincered by Kanjou from the north, the HSU and GH from the East, and Ousen from the South. Enkan and Shibashou can pincer Kanjou, but Kanjou is the least of their troubles.

In this situation, Shibashou is triple-pincered. Enkan is pincered. The Hi Shin Unit is pincered as well but this is a much more favorable position for Ousen than 1v1ing Shibashou. In this scenario, Shibashou would have no way to get himself out of danger aside from retreating. And Akou and Sou’Ou would now be able to continue holding off Shibashou’s armies with confidence.

This would also allow Shin and Ouhon to attack Shibashou directly, which is exactly what Riboku did not want.

For this to work, Ousen would need to deceive friend and foe alike into thinking he actually disappeared, so that Shibashou wouldn’t pursue him but instead would be confident in pincering Shin and Ouhon. Which would hype Ousen’s ability to maneuver, hide, and deceive his opponent.

Idk. Just trying to think of how Ousen can possibly turn this shitshow around.

EDIT: I’m not sure if the formatting I was going for worked but I edited the post to fix it now.

@Owl Ki @MarineHQ @TheKnightOfTheSea @God Buggy @Xione @SakazOuki @Blackbeard @RayanOO @Dark Admiral @Cichy @Monet @Rumble @Greenbeard @Mr.Baj1o @FutureWarrior123 etc etc etc

Last edited:
For this to work, Ousen would need to deceive friend and foe alike into thinking he actually disappeared, so that Shibashou wouldn’t pursue him but instead would be confident in pincering Shin and Ouhon. Which would hype Ousen’s ability to maneuver, hide, and deceive his opponent.
:steef::steef::steef:
I don’t think this would be as easier as it sounds like as SBS has his hype Generals who currently looks unstoppable. Especially Jiaga and Kansaro.