General & Others The But Luffy Problem

Luffy is the protagonist but that doesnt mean he should be a one man show.

People seem to want a cap on what everyone besides luffy can do based off of them not being Luffy. Which for me would make a less interesting story.

When Big Mom and the captains were fighting it was no but luffy said he would do it.

Before roof piece happened the idea of Zoro fighting Kaido was looked down upon

People would say no Zoro cant get CoC because that would take away from luffy.

There is this weird fear of luffy being outshined which I find even weirder because when Oda does have a character outshine luffy those moments are some of the best in the series. For example nothing happened or Whitebeards death and him saying the One Piece is real.

I love One Piece and really dont want it to be Luffy and the other guys.the reason I brought this up is I watched a video where the youtuber said that Mihawk vs Zoro can't be an end of series fight because it would take away from Luffy.Basically that Mihawk gets defeated and Zoro avenges him so that it can be wrapped up in the blackbeard fight if its Shiriu or Fujitora with the Marines.

People seem to want a cap on what everyone besides luffy can do based off of them not being Luffy. Which for me would make a less interesting story.

When Big Mom and the captains were fighting it was no but luffy said he would do it.

There is this weird fear of luffy being outshined which I find even weirder because when Oda does have a character outshine luffy those moments are some of the best in the series. For example nothing happened or Whitebeards death and him saying the One Piece is real.

I love One Piece and really dont want it to be Luffy and the other guys.the reason I brought this up is I watched a video where the youtuber said that Mihawk vs Zoro can't be an end of series fight because it would take away from Luffy.Basically that Mihawk gets defeated and Zoro avenges him so that it can be wrapped up in the blackbeard fight if its Shiriu or Fujitora with the Marines.
that clown grandline? :kobeha:

You right that Luffy doesn’t need to be a one man show, but Luffy is going to have the final moments of the manga. Unless Luffy vs Shanks is also at the very end, Mihawk vs Zoro isn’t an EOS fight.

The manga started with Luffy setting out to see. It’s going to end with Luffy defeating Imu because as bad as it is One Piece is Luffys story

You right that Luffy doesn’t need to be a one man show, but Luffy is going to have the final moments of the manga. Unless Luffy vs Shanks is also at the very end, Mihawk vs Zoro isn’t an EOS fight.

The manga started with Luffy setting out to see. It’s going to end with Luffy defeating Imu because as bad as it is One Piece is Luffys story
I'm not saying it would be the last fight in the series but it has been hyped to be one of them.

I'm not saying it would be the last fight in the series but it has been hyped to be one of them.
The problem lies in where it can fit timeline wise. The only place for a fight with Mihawk to occur would be when Luffy fights shanks which is either not happening or happening very soon. This is why Mihawk being defeated is so popular. It hypes Zoros future opponent and allows the fight for Zoro to gain the title to naturally occur in the story rather than shoehorning it in

Last Volume will be reverse of First Volume
Two Volumes before last one will focus on Ending & Dreams & Legacy of most SHs, except Main Trio
Then Last Volume will be as follows: (Titles are just guesses but they will be similar imo)

01. The Dawn of Adventure ---> The End of Adventure Chapter
02. That guy "Straw Hat Luffy" ---> That Great Pirate Straw Hat Luffy
03. Introducing "Pirate Hunter Zoro" ---> Zoro declaring his Name Chapter
04. Marine Axe-Captain Morgan ---> Chapter revolving around Final Villain Ending (or maybe Character with Eye-Patch)
05. Pirate King & Master Swordsman ---> King of Pirates & Greatest Swordsman Chapter which revolves around Dreams of Luffy/Zoro
06. The First ---> The Last (Chapter about End of Era & Consequences of final arc)
07. Friends ---> Nakama or Pirates or something (Chapter about goodbyes & end of era & retirements)
08. Introducing Nami ---> Chapter where Time-Skip happens & we finally get to see Nami's World Map & update on every character
09. Another continuation of previous Chapter but it focus on Straw Hats Post-Time skip instead
10. Final Chapter which is most probably titled "One Piece", showing Luffy's Hidden Dream, his Legacy & impact of One Piece Treasure

I really hope he doesn’t. It would make next arc against BB feel kinda meh if Luffy is already Kaido level.
This doesn't matter. Shonen logic will make Blackbeard/Akainu/Shanks/Im/etc above Kaido as further danger for Luffy.

Recall pre-timeskip. Enel was broken, but was naturally done in by Luffy. Lucci wouldn't have been able to handle Enel most likely. Luffy beat Crocodile, who was "equal" to Mihawk, which we found out ultimately later that that was bullshit.

OP villains can progress horizontally, where Kaido is tanky, Kizaru could be extremely fast and requires full FS mastery. Akainu could have the highest AP in the series. Blackbeard could have the 3 most broken DFs in the series (already has 2). Shanks could have the highest Haki gap in the series (im just making shit up so you get what I mean).
Post automatically merged:

And that would mean Luffy is officially the strongest in 1v1 , or that title including WSS is just unreliable
Not my problem lol:kayneshrug:

Last edited:
This doesn't matter. Shonen logic will make Blackbeard/Akainu/Shanks/Im/etc above Kaido as danger for Luffy.

Recall pre-timeskip. Enel was broken, but was naturally done in by Luffy. Lucci wouldn't have been able to handle Enel most likely.

OP villains can progress horizontally, where Kaido is tanky, Kizaru could be extremely fast and requires full FS mastery. Akainu could have the highest AP in the series. Blackbeard could have the 3 most broken DFs in the series (already has 2). Shanks could have the highest Haki gap in the series (im just making shit up so get what I mean).
I get what you mean that Oda can make it more matchup dependent going forward, and I get that. I’m already excited that Blackbeard will erase Luffys devil fruit powers in their fight. And I get power will progress, however, maybe it’s just because we haven’t seen BBs power progression it just feels off to me.

I get what you mean that Oda can make it more matchup dependent going forward, and I get that. I’m already excited that Blackbeard will erase Luffys devil fruit powers in their fight. And I get power will progress, however, maybe it’s just because we haven’t seen BBs power progression it just feels off to me.
Have faith. It's probably where he's going with it considering who's left and how he's handling Kaido now. Plus, Luffy didn't beat Kaido alone technically. The scabbards did their part, as did Kid, Law, Killer and Zoro, and finally Yamato.

Plus, he had the benefit of being healed to keep fighting. Kaido didn't receive this.

Recall that Onigashima started crumbling the moment Luffy and Kaido clashed again. This means he was getting tired from beforehand

Have faith. It's probably where he's going with it considering who's left and how he's handling Kaido now. Plus, Luffy didn't beat Kaido alone technically. The scabbards did their part, as did Kid, Law, Killer and Zoro, and finally Yamato.

Plus, he had the benefit of being healed to keep fighting. Kaido didn't receive this.

Recall that Onigashima started crumbling the moment Luffy and Kaido clashed again. This means he was getting tired from beforehand
I mean Luffy beat tired Kaido maybe next arc Oda shows Luffy beating an another emperor 1v1 who is called equal to Kaido. :feelsokeman: