Controversial The "fall" of the Straw Hats on Egghead.

Can people really imagine and believe that the Straw Hats will be defeated here on Egghead? After so many chapters in which they clearly dominated the situation, especially Luffy?
I see videos from more and more theory makers on Youtube with titles like Egghead will be a bigger downfall for the Straw Hats than Sabaody or Marineford for Luffy.
Is this just the effect of clickbait and unnecessary sensationalism, or are people really that stupid?

Can people really imagine and believe that the Straw Hats will be defeated here on Egghead? After so many chapters in which they clearly dominated the situation, especially Luffy?
I see videos from more and more theory makers on Youtube with titles like Egghead will be a bigger downfall for the Straw Hats than Sabaody or Marineford for Luffy.
Is this just the effect of clickbait and unnecessary sensationalism, or are people really that stupid?
There will be a marineford 2. Zoro and Sanji will escape through kuma

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
It is certainly possible, the odds are against them. 6 top tiers vs 2 top tiers.
We could take the route of Luffy getting captured but the rest of Strawhats arent.
Things have been going way too smoothly for Strawhats in post-TS.

They walked into a Government island without the backing of huge fleet, with a single ship...
Surely, the allies just arrived with Giant Warrior Pirates and even the Pacifistas are on their side as well as Seraphim potentially but those could also be ordered by Gorosei. Whether the fail will happen here or not, unknown but the story needs to move to Marie Joies.

Oda went super far off his typical formula for the final saga of the pre timeskip. Got rid of all the crew.

It’s not gonna be a literal Sabaody 2.0 but I could see the plot develop in ways people don’t expect(Ex: Only some crew mates go to Elbaf)

Or Nika just dunks on everyone

Just like raid failure in wano they’ll eat their words .
No way luffy will fail . He will escape like always .

They are not going to be beaten Sabaody style for sure, but it is also ludicrous to think they could win against the whole five Gorosei + the fleet + Kizaru (even if we know Kizaru is super conflicted on this).

They will last and do what they have, but they are going to flee in the end. Probably the videos you saw are all from Gorosei enthusiasts.

Anyway, them being beaten in their first appearance or failing completely in their first appearance would redefine the word "anticlimactic". And I don't see them as top tiers mind you.

Anyway, them being beaten in their first appearance or failing completely in their first appearance would redefine the word "anticlimactic". And I don't see them as top tiers mind you.
Won’t the Gorosei and Kizaru failing to stop Vegapunk’s transmission be counted as then losing?

1. Their initial goal was Kill Vegapunk AND ALL his satellites, except York who will work to produce the Mother flame, and secure the Factory where the mother flame is produced

i think we can agree that they will NOT be able to kill all the Vegapunk satellites and they may not even acquire York. And the buster call Saturn engaged will destroy the Mother flame Factory

2. The second goal when shit hit the fan was to kill Bonney and Nika and Kuma who they didn’t know would be on the island beforehand

maybe Kuma dies but Bonney and Luffy are gonna make it

3. their new current goal is to stop the Vegapunk transmission… which they will fail to do

it seems to me that even if they aren’t defeated outright in combat, we should count the Egghead incident as monumental loss for them already

We haven’t even counted them losing the 50 pacifista and S-bear to Bonney

Won’t the Gorosei and Kizaru failing to stop Vegapunk’s transmission be counted as then losing?

1. Their initial goal was Kill Vegapunk AND ALL his satellites, except York who will work to produce the Mother flame, and secure the Factory where the mother flame is produced

i think we can agree that they will NOT be able to kill all the Vegapunk satellites and they may not even acquire York. And the buster call Saturn engaged will destroy the Mother flame Factory

2. The second goal when shit hit the fan was to kill Bonney and Nika and Kuma who they didn’t know would be on the island beforehand

3. their new current goal is to stop the Vegapunk transmission… which they will fail to do

it seems to me that even if they aren’t defeated outright in combat, we should count the Egghead incident as monumental loss for them already

True, and in the end I expect them to obviously fail but maybe they will:

- stop the transmission before it ends;
- retrieve York;
- maybe manage to retain Mother Falme's factory (the buster call should not be able to pierce the Dome, or at least I think).

If they didn't manage to do even this, considering that I think Saturn will lose/die and Kizaru will die too, their hype would hit the biggest wall ever.

Back in WCI I think the same, and the situation of course was much worst (half the crew of a YC3 lvl guy, Luffy, in the HQ of a yonko), but plot power reigns supreme and nothing happened. I learnt my lesson about Oda and this topic at that time...

At least the "failure" of the Wano raid had a much better chance than the current situation on Egghead, although when I saw Kaidou's men falling one by one, it was already clear that nothing like that was going to happen.

On the one hand, it is important to point out that no one claims (or at least I certainly don't) that the Straw Hats are going to beat the crap out of the Gorosei here, they don't dominate the situation that much, although as much as Oda deifies Nika, maybe that wouldn't be surprising.

The situation is clear: Vegapunk has a 10-minute advantage for those who would like to stop the world broadcast. The Straw Hats must stop this. The real question here is, if this happens, how to proceed? Do the Gorosei just teleport back to the Holy Land and plead for Imu's forgiveness? However, I can't imagine that it will be Gorosei that will chase them. Sure, there are the Holy Knights, but it would be fucking boring if even they were defeated by the Straw Hats.

Moreover, if I remember correctly, they are now attached to the Revolutionary Army. And if we look at events in the outside world, including Blackbeard's activities in the past period, then I think it is logical that the next big opponent will be Blackbeard. And how stupid that after Egghead, which is just the introduction to the Final Saga, they would immediately go to the Holy Land, when the Straw Hats still have a lot of things to discover, unfortunately.

True, and in the end I expect them to obviously fail but maybe they will:

- stop the transmission before it ends;
- retrieve York;
- maybe manage to retain Mother Falme's factory (the buster call should not be able to pierce the Dome, or at least I think).

If they didn't manage to do even this, considering that I think Saturn will lose/die and Kizaru will die too, their hype would hit the biggest wall ever.
I think they will accomplish at least one of these 3, especially the first because Oda loves keeping us in suspense about the void century. We’re likely going to get another trickle of hints which create more questions than they answer.

Somehow I feel like Kizaru has more death flags than the Gorosei. I still don’t see a single one of them going down here.

Egghead isn’t following a typical formula, but some parallels I see are water 7 (not enies lobby) and wci (not wano)

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rock that Soul!!!
Wow, Luffy sure is dominating the situation.

Bruh Gear 5 Luffy with Future Sight couldn't protect Sentomaru, then promised Sentomaru he'd protect Vegapunk, then let Vegapunk get killed in front of him.

This was after York killed two Satellites. Considering York is evil, and an enemy now, that means we've lost three of the Vegapunks we're supposed to take off the island, with two others (Atlas and Lilith) in very dangerous situations.

Luffy has only succeeded in combat this arc. He and the Straw Hats have failed everywhere else.

Luffy would have died without being given food by either Caribou or Augur, Zoro's Chia-Pet looking Mug is getting stalled by Lucci, Sanji bragged to Kizaru just to get bodied a chapter later, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ODA WHERE IN THE EVERLOVING FUCK IS JINBEI, Robin's unconscious, Franky is arguing with Giants for no reasons while failing to babysit Bonney, Brook is about to crash into a laser grid, and Usopp, Nami, and Chopper have just dedicated themselves to being as useless as god damn possible in this arc.

Half of the scientists they were supposed to take off the island is dead, and now they're trapped in a Buster Call while their captain is surrounded by five angry immortal racist spawns of satan with magical evil powers.

THE DUDE WE'RE SUPPOSED TO SAVE JUST DIED AFTER GETTING STABBED THROUGH THE CHEST BY TWO DIFFERENT ENEMIES, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU READING BRO, WE'RE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Luffy is winning fights and losing everywhere else in this arc.

stop the transmission before it ends;
- retrieve York;
It would be hilarious if Oda were too drag out e cage punk transmission for 10 minutes and multiple chapters only for it to be stopped… a WCI level of wasting time

maybe they get York but she’s only useful if the mother flame can be produced

See the Labophase in the sky is the ENGINEERING area… The Fabriophase where everyone is fighting on the ground is the MANUFACTURING area… I expect the mother flame factory is on the fabriophase since FACTORIES are in the manufacturing department
Post automatically merged:

@CoC: Color of Clowns Read this my guy, the strawhats are winning

It would be hilarious if Oda were too drag out e cage punk transmission for 10 minutes and multiple chapters only for it to be stopped… a WCI level of wasting time
Well, it would be totally Oda-style to cut out the last information or similar. Men did plenty of times.

I am not saying it will surely happen, but if they came in full force and didn't even manage to do that, they'll become laughing stock.

maybe they get York but she’s only useful if the mother flame can be produced

See the Labophase in the sky is the ENGINEERING area… The Fabriophase where everyone is fighting on the ground is the MANUFACTURING area… I expect the mother flame factory is on the fabriophase since FACTORIES are in the manufacturing department
I think since Mother Flame is some super important weapon, would be logical to protect it inside the Dome. It would also explain why Saturn warned Kizaru when he entered the labophase, but didn't have any problems in ordering the BC on the island.

Again, I am it saying it will go that way: I am saying if all the five Gorosei didn't manage to do even just that in their first and supposedly big first field apparition, considering Saturn is even "dying", then their hype is going to end like this: