Current Events The growth of the Straw Hats is honestly ridiculous.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
The Wano part of this saga should have been about ALL the SH's training and getting ready for the showdown against Kaido and Orochi in Onigashima.
Instead we had 1890234701827483217048312084731 scabbards, some lame ass samurais, some generic sad town people, some trash plot device kid, etc.
No wonder people have no fucking idea how the SH's can handle these enemies.
We didn't see them getting ready for this fight.
We saw Luffy learning some new technique for the 134897329840723984798327479832984987324th time. And this technique becoming useless and he needing to learn yet another one.
P-E-A-K S-T-O-R-Y-T-E-L-L-I-N-G.
BUT THANK GOD WE HAD YASUIE'S SCENE. CAN'T HAVE AN ONE PIECE ARC WITHOUT "SADDEST STORY OF THE SADDEST STORIES NUMBER 21389721987392187398712983798721987398127983 79128983712983798127".

Imagine if Wano was the CULMINATION of several arcs, instead of ANOTHER generic arc.
:ihaha:

I don't think the problem is because of SHs age, most shonen are like this.
What feels wrong to me is that it feels like Oda skipped a step when it comes to straw hats growth.
Paradoxically Luffy is the straw hat which the growth feels the most right, him reaching top tier level so young might feel strange, but since the timeskip he had a lot of hard fights where he almost died and was forced to either show a new ability (the three forms of G4) Or/and improve his haki while most straw hats last real fight they won was against hody men in fishman island. Going from that to beating emperor top dogs feel jarring. What's the message ? Mid trio was top new world veteran fighter all along because off-screen training?
If Wano is the "enies lobby" of New World (straw hats showing they can compete at the top of this sea like they showed they were at the top of paradise) we should have gotten an "Alabasta" beforehand where every straw hat was pushed hard and grew from it. Straw hats getting tnear the top because they trained 2 years off-screen is very boring imo. Oda focused too much on Luffy growth and not the others.
nah i agree with this comment
should do that in dressdosa & WCI

Early Wano I was convinced the raid would fail and the F6 would be defeated by the Strawhats high-high diff and then train abit further for Calamites.

Oda obviously had other plans, Zoro went straight to Rooftop for Fake News Headline, New Generation vs Old Generation / Yonkou vs Supernovas

:suresure:

Even now we still get flashbacks of the time Skip, I think that tries to express that their real growth happened during this 2yrs their just getting the chances to tap into their actual potential just now. Anyways its not worth overthinking It bc this is a series and after decades running weekly you as a fan should understand that growth IS relative to the extension of the series rather than the timeline of the story

I don't think the problem is because of SHs age, most shonen are like this.
What feels wrong to me is that it feels like Oda skipped a step when it comes to straw hats growth.
Paradoxically Luffy is the straw hat which the growth feels the most right, him reaching top tier level so young might feel strange, but since the timeskip he had a lot of hard fights where he almost died and was forced to either show a new ability (the three forms of G4) Or/and improve his haki while most straw hats last real fight they won was against hody men in fishman island. Going from that to beating emperor top dogs feel jarring. What's the message ? Mid trio was top new world veteran fighter all along because off-screen training?
If Wano is the "enies lobby" of New World (straw hats showing they can compete at the top of this sea like they showed they were at the top of paradise) we should have gotten an "Alabasta" beforehand where every straw hat was pushed hard and grew from it. Straw hats getting tnear the top because they trained 2 years off-screen is very boring imo. Oda focused too much on Luffy growth and not the others.
Completely agree with this one. The growth of Strawhats bar Luffy seems so forced to me. This is one of the reasons why I couldn't enjoy Wano. Everything go pretty easy for em too.

Thats it, and they brag about Zoro stalling Hakai for 1~2 secs like it wasn't complete bullshit when he got massively hurt against a random pierce attack from Killer and that Fat Samurai, then blamed himself for getting injured before the real fight, then fainted.

This happened in THIS VERY SAME ARC.

For me, Sanji's powerlevel seems much more legit than Zoro's in this arc, and we just started pushing Sanji to do his best pretty recently, like since 1015.

Most of those who say "OH THE POWERCEEP IS TOO MUCH" are mostly biased people who have no problem with Nami surviving an attack from Ulti that overpowered Luffy and almost forced him to use Gear 4, what they really think is "Sanji can't be that strong, Doflamingo stopped him in the air without his knowledge, he is too weak".

Anybody could argue the powerlevel doesn't makes sense, but does it even made sense in the past? Looks like everyone forgot Water 7/Enies Lobby, thats the biggest power creep in OP
I think Sanji would still have defeated Jabra without DJ but he unlocked it so he could end the fight faster. But yeah, EL have the most asspulls and power inflation.

Getting ready for showdown was what they were all doing.

Most of the SHs have barely had 1 v 1s since FI. Them training was never going to happen lol
If we based on logic, it should be expected. There wont be another timeskip so they should be near eos level already.
Oda showed that Luffy got stronger after training and that he still had imperfections to his techniques by having him struggle.

Can't even blame Zorofans for thinking Zoro came out of the timeskip stronger than Luffy, Oda failed to portray him and some other strawhats seriously struggling when compared to Luffy

Not even gonna pretend like I wrote this, found it on reddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/p7xaxc/_/h9nnm65 ) and it's something I agree with completely.

"I’ll be straight up, the twenty-year prophecy plot device is not a great idea.

It has forced Oda to write Fishman Island - Wano which has been about ten years for us, in a month.

No matter what excuse you make, going from fighting Hordy Jones to Kaido in a matter of weeks makes absolutely no sense.

The Straw Hats have been a pirate crew for a couple of years, and everyone else has been a pirate for a majority of their lives, yet here we are, beating up an emperors crew, when half of the SHs can’t even use Haki.

Oda should’ve aged the crew at least a little bit, because I’m having a hard time dealing with Sanji who couldn’t even hurt Doflamingo a couple of weeks ago fighting and defeating Queen.

For us, it’s been a long time, so it feels like he should be ready, but in reality, it’s been a couple of weeks. Give me a break."
Straw hats growth was always insane just like in most shonen. But aside from that, in reality only robin's growth was somewhat ridiculous in this arc. Nami and usopp didnt do shit. Chopper had no impact either. Franky yes, defeated sasaki but he had general's help and he also defeated senor pink in the last arc so his outcome was more believable. Jinbei was always strong so no worries there either. Sanji will possibly defeat queen bc of the raid suit and luffy has fought so many battles that anything is believable at this point. Now i dont know how zoro went from defeating pica to slicing kaido but whatever.

Since oda decided to not use mini timeskips between arcs all this growth paradox was inevitable.