The Legend Of Zelda Discussion Thread

I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't allow Grezzo to make completely new 2D Zelda games, similar to when Capcom did it before. We literally got 3 master pieces - with Oracle of Series and The Minish Cap.

I mean, I kind of get that they need the entire dev team to develop BotW2 but if they do not have the team required for any 2D Zelda games, why not giving this task to other studios like Grezzo? It also perfectly worked with Age of Calamity. It just has to be supervised by some Zelda game devs but other than that, it is possible for sure.
I don’t think we’ll get anything other than maybe the HD ports between now and BotW2 (and we might only get them if BotW2 is delayed to appease the fans). Should be all hands on deck mostly.

But after that I think we’ll see some interesting stuff from Zelda. Grezzo doing OoA/OoS together in a package in the LA remake engine surely has to happen, they have pretty much all the assets they need to make it already. But they might put then put making a new 3D one on the shelf for the next console Nintenfo put out and we might get to see some of the team make some new stuff like a 2D one. Maybe split into two teams, one doing prelimary work on the next 3D, one working with Grezzo for a new 2D.

Maybe. Do you think we might get some information soon in the Game Awards?
If we don’t I’m guessing that 2022 release date is getting delayed lol.

I don’t think we’ll get anything other than maybe the HD ports between now and BotW2 (and we might only get them if BotW2 is delayed to appease the fans). Should be all hands on deck mostly.

But after that I think we’ll see some interesting stuff from Zelda. Grezzo doing OoA/OoS together in a package in the LA remake engine surely has to happen, they have pretty much all the assets they need to make it already. But they might put then put making a new 3D one on the shelf for the next console Nintenfo put out and we might get to see some of the team make some new stuff like a 2D one. Maybe split into two teams, one doing prelimary work on the next 3D, one working with Grezzo for a new 2D.
If that's true, I hope we get the BotW2 trailer in Game Awards. I like the HD ports and remakes BUT if it means that new games won't appear on certain events, well, I'd rather see these reveals at the next direct or sth like that. Well, it's all up to Nintendo.

I'm already looking forward for OoA/OoS, I'm wondering if they'll use the same engine and artstyle like HD Link's Awakening or something different this time?
That's how I imagined they would work for upcoming new 2D Zelda games. As I said, Age of Calamity worked perfectly fine just by a few Zelda game devs supervising the story and everything else. If we look at the 2D series, Spirit Tracks was the "last original" 2D Zelda game, excluding ALBW since it already had the re-designed map from AlttP.

If we don’t I’m guessing that 2022 release date is getting delayed lol.
Oh please not again. :suresure:

I love ALBW and still can’t get into ALTTP, even the remake. ALBW has the benefit of hindsight aiding it but imo it is the better game.
AlttP is one of the best Zelda games imo. It really catches the dark lore of Hyrule, even at the beginning you see how your uncle got killed by Agahnim while he gives you his sword and shield at his last moment. Call it also nostalgia but although ALBW is a great "sequel" to AlttP - it plays a century after AlttP - AlttP is still the better version imo.

10 years left and i still wait for this Zelda game.Would be cool to see a more darker style(ala OoT or TP) again
The interesting thing is, Nintendo planned to make a very dark Zelda game - based on Sheikah too - before they developed Skyward Sword. This game was planned to have a similar overworld like BotW but it's much more mythical, even more than Twilight Princess which was already very folklore-ish (or whatever the exact word is for games like TP, I dunno):

Unfortunately, this game was cancelled. I don't exactly know why. But if BotW2 isn't as dark as we think it could be, I hope they'll use these ideas for their next Zelda game instead, this time with a completely new artstyle. I mean, those game ideas look astonishing.
Post automatically merged:

Here are a few original artworks:

(Clock Town would appear again, alone this would make this game 10/10)

Last edited:
If that's true, I hope we get the BotW2 trailer in Game Awards. I like the HD ports and remakes BUT if it means that new games won't appear on certain events, well, I'd rather see these reveals at the next direct or sth like that. Well, it's all up to Nintendo.

I'm already looking forward for OoA/OoS, I'm wondering if they'll use the same engine and artstyle like HD Link's Awakening or something different this time?
That's how I imagined they would work for upcoming new 2D Zelda games. As I said, Age of Calamity worked perfectly fine just by a few Zelda game devs supervising the story and everything else. If we look at the 2D series, Spirit Tracks was the "last original" 2D Zelda game, excluding ALBW since it already had the re-designed map from AlttP.

Oh please not again. :suresure:

AlttP is one of the best Zelda games imo. It really catches the dark lore of Hyrule, even at the beginning you see how your uncle got killed by Agahnim while he gives you his sword and shield at his last moment. Call it also nostalgia but although ALBW is a great "sequel" to AlttP - it plays a century after AlttP - AlttP is still the better version imo.

The interesting thing is, Nintendo planned to make a very dark Zelda game - based on Sheikah too - before they developed Skyward Sword. This game was planned to have a similar overworld like BotW but it's much more mythical, even more than Twilight Princess which was already very folklore-ish (or whatever the exact word is for games like TP, I dunno):

Unfortunately, this game was cancelled. I don't exactly know why. But if BotW2 isn't as dark as we think it could be, I hope they'll use these ideas for their next Zelda game instead, this time with a completely new artstyle. I mean, those game ideas look astonishing.
Post automatically merged:

Here are a few original artworks:

(Clock Town would appear again, alone this would make this game 10/10)

Wow,instead we got eyecancer Olgemälde SS...i only finishd the first dungeon and then i sold the game again:suresure:

Was also never able to past post-Dungeon 2 in TP due to a bug

Wow,instead we got eyecancer Olgemälde SS...i only finishd the first dungeon and then i sold the game again:suresure:

Was also never able to past post-Dungeon 2 in TP due to a bug
Well, I don't hate SS as much as before but it is still the worst 3D Zelda imo. It's not bad in general but compared to the rest it really lacked something. Nevertheless, I had my fun with this game. But seeing the cancelled dark Zelda game...

What the hell? That's really some bad luck man lol.

Remember when you need to search and collect the light bugs?Was unable to get this one

Pressed all buttons,jumped on it,nothing worked
Shit, that sucks. I'd be mad too.
But at least this is a nasty bug at the beginning of the game. I still recall that SS has a very disgusting bug which happens when you take the dragon's tasks in a different order when it's intented to. At this point, you're basically trapped and can't solve the tasks. That happens after you cleared all 6 dungeons.

I think that's sucks way more haha.

Reminds me of how i still waiting for a OoT Remake with a Light Templedungeon

Also,i still hope BotW 2 brings back classic dungeons.If not,i skip the game
Eh, I think we'll never get it.

I truly hope so. If not, why did they need 5 years of game development to make this game? I'd be highly disappointed since it would basically confirm that they do not give a damn about traditional dungeons anymore.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

I truly hope so. If not, why did they need 5 years of game development to make this game? I'd be highly disappointed since it would basically confirm that they do not give a damn about traditional dungeons anymore.
They may be going that route unfortunately, especially after the raging success of BotW. They may want to focus way more on an explorable open world than unique theme’d dungeons.

They may be going that route unfortunately, especially after the raging success of BotW. They may want to focus way more on an explorable open world than unique theme’d dungeons.
I really hope this ain't the case. Although I appreciate their way to focus more on an explorable open world, completely abandoning unique theme'd dungeons is something I wouldn't support at all.

Technically, dungeons already existed in the very first Zelda game.
Looking how Nintendo initially developed 10 different Divine Beasts acting as moving traditional dungeons, I doubt they had given up on these. Sure, they had to cut 6 entire dungeons but I doubt they liked how they designed the remaining 4 dungeons - because they were poorly designed, seriously.

Although BotW was highly successful, there's constant criticism about the dungeons. So at least Nintendo knows the concern of many people regarding dungeons - now it's the question whether they listen to the fans or not.

Well,look at the copy sales number.BotW,23 million copys(Best sold Zelda game).Second Place is TP with 8 million

Numbers matters the most.Nintendo will most likely change not much for BotW2.Bigger open-world(which i hate) and maybe even less "Dungeons"

Numbers matters the most.Nintendo will most likely change not much for BotW2.Bigger open-world(which i hate) and maybe even less "Dungeons"
Well, I don't really think the entire Zelda dev team mainly looks at numbers. Although sales are important too, the dev team tries their best to make their game as good as possible. They're not like EA or sth like that.

Also, BotW had 120 "mini dungeons", if they're gone or new far less mini dungeons appear, there might be room for bigger, unique theme'd dungeons too. Perhaps I'm too optimistic but I think unique theme'd dungeons will appear again. They cut 6 entire dungeons, that's a whole ass content for newer dungeons with ease.

I used to play at Phantom Hourglass on my DS when I was a teen, but this it was my first experience with a Zelda game and that the game was really more difficult that I expected it would be with some crappy mechanims (such as talking in the DS micros to contact the seer), really difficult obstacles and riddles (for an example taking a key from an annoyingly fast rat) I didn't finish the game.

What are your opinions on the game for those who have played at it too ?