The Legend Of Zelda Discussion Thread

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Zelda is my favourite video game franchise

You’ll want to tag @Sentinel here for sure.

i have played and completed every single game in the franchise .
Shit lol. You beat me there.

I’ve played (and beaten) pretty much all the 3D console Zelda games and some of the Handheld ones. The ones I’ve beaten are

Ocarina of Time
Majora’s Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
Breath of the Wild
A Link Between Worlds

My favorites being Majora and Twilight but I love every Zelda I’ve played dearly. I would play more of the 2d ones if I had an attention span that could handle 2d games lol.

L

Levi_Ackerman

You’ll want to tag @Sentinel here for sure.

Shit lol. You beat me there.

I’ve played (and beaten) pretty much all the 3D console Zelda games and some of the Handheld ones. The ones I’ve beaten are

Ocarina of Time
Majora’s Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
Breath of the Wild
A Link Between Worlds

My favorites being Majora and Twilight but I love every Zelda I’ve played dearly. I would play more of the 2d ones if I had an attention span that could handle 2d games lol.
Wow, We both share the same tastes. I love Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask to death

My top 10 zelda games are :

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Twilight Princess
3. Majora's Mask
4. Wind Waker
5. Ocarina of Time
6. A link between worlds
7. Skyward Sword
8.. Link's Awakening Switch Remake
9. A link to the past
10. Minish Cap
Post automatically merged:

I wish I had a Switch :(

I will need to go to my friend in order to play some Zelda greatness
I got a switch just to play Botw.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
We do have similar tastes haha.

1. Breath of the Wild
@Sentinel and I have talked quite a bit about it, and we both agree that BotW is *almost* the best Zelda, but the lack in originality/distinction between the Divine Beasts is what holds it back for me. All of the Beasts share a similar aesthetic and don’t have unique themes like prior dungeons, which I hope changes in the sequel because otherwise the buildup/lore around them was fantastic.

Majora’s Mask is my personal favorite. It is such a unique and artistic game that will probably never happen again. It is in my top 3 games of all time list lol.

L

Levi_Ackerman

We do have similar tastes haha.

@Sentinel and I have talked quite a bit about it, and we both agree that BotW is *almost* the best Zelda, but the lack in originality/distinction between the Divine Beasts is what holds it back for me. All of the Beasts share a similar aesthetic and don’t have unique themes like prior dungeons, which I hope changes in the sequel because otherwise the buildup/lore around them was fantastic.

Majora’s Mask is my personal favorite. It is such a unique and artistic game that will probably never happen again. It is in my top 3 games of all time list lol.
I recently replayed majora's mask around 3 weeks ago and nostalgia hit me like a truck.

Majora's mask was a unique zelda game and one of the best games ever released for me too. Many people say OoT is better but I wonder how
  • The 72 hour time limit gave us a unique Zelda experience where you had some kind of pressure to do things quickly. There was a sense of Urgency . Once, I played through great bay temple forgetting the play the song of time,I collected all the stray fairies only for the final hours theme to start playing. I had to abandon gyorg,get back to zora cape and to the great fairy fountain and redo the fucking temple all over again.
  • The transformation masks were one of the most creative and great ideas ever put into a zelda games. Rolling around termina field with the Goron mask is sooo much faster. Zora booemrangs are cool and more than that, The Dolphin jumping is awesome.
  • Soundtrack is incredible too. Some of my favourite music exclusively from MM are : Song of Healing, Stone tower temple,Ikana castle,Ikana Canyon,Majora's Wrath, Deku Palace etc
  • Stone Tower Temple is my favourite Zelda Dungeon Ever. Only Arbiter's Grounds,Forest Temple and BOTW hyrule castle come close for me

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I recently replayed majora's mask around 3 weeks ago and nostalgia hit me like a truck.

Majora's mask was a unique zelda game and one of the best games ever released for me too. Many people say OoT is better but I wonder how
  • The 72 hour time limit gave us a unique Zelda experience where you had some kind of pressure to do things quickly. There was a sense of Urgency . Once, I played through great bay temple forgetting the play the song of time,I collected all the stray fairies only for the final hours theme to start playing. I had to abandon gyorg,get back to zora cape and to the great fairy fountain and redo the fucking temple all over again.
  • The transformation masks were one of the most creative and great ideas ever put into a zelda games. Rolling around termina field with the Goron mask is sooo much faster. Zora booemrangs are cool and more than that, The Dolphin jumping is awesome.
  • Soundtrack is incredible too. Some of my favourite music exclusively from MM are : Song of Healing, Stone tower temple,Ikana castle,Ikana Canyon,Majora's Wrath, Deku Palace etc
  • Stone Tower Temple is my favourite Zelda Dungeon Ever. Only Arbiter's Grounds,Forest Temple and BOTW hyrule castle come close for me
The Transformation Masks were great fun, the NPCs in Majora were incredible, the 72 hour time limit on top of the angry Moon looming over head created a since of dread that I’ve never seen in Zelda before or since, and overall the world of Termina was unique and extremely memorable.

This theory is canon, I swear

Majora’s Mask was also noticeably more difficult than newer Zelda games bar Breath of the Wild, which imo made the bosses and enemies some of the most memorable. And the Temples themselves (especially the Stone Tower Temple) might overall be the best in Zelda.

But I think Twilight Princess is still imo the definitive Zelda game. Maybe it’s just nostalgia, idk. The story, characters, and world from that game all massively standout to me even to this day.

L

Levi_Ackerman

The Transformation Masks were great fun, the NPCs in Majora were incredible, the 72 hour time limit on top of the angry Moon looming over head created a since of dread that I’ve never seen in Zelda before or since, and overall the world of Termina was unique and extremely memorable.

Majora’s Mask was also noticeably more difficult than newer Zelda games bar Breath of the Wild, which imo made the bosses and enemies some of the most memorable. And the Temples themselves (especially the Stone Tower Temple) might overall be the best in Zelda.

But I think Twilight Princess is still imo the definitive Zelda game. Maybe it’s just nostalgia, idk. The story, characters, and world from that game all massively standout to me even to this day.

Combat :
I find none of the 3D games to be hard tbh.I never die in 3D Zeldas. The 2D games are a bit hard at start because the top down controls are different and new for the average 3D zelda player. But it's easy once you get used to it,
OG Zelda and Zelda 2 : AoL are the only hard Zelda games imo.

To enjoy the 3D zeldas more and to make it a bit more challenging , i only play with 3 hearts everytime.

Puzzles :
i like puzzles a lot and I am really average at solving puzzles
Some puzzles in Majora's mask are really hard for me . Snowhead and Great bay were a pain in the ass when I first played them. But now, that I am familiar with them and it's a bit easier as i remember how to solve all of them. I never collected the SH,GB and STT great fairies on my first playthrough

I didn't know that I had to wreck those snowballs with the goron mask for those blocks to fall down in Snowhead and I had no idea that I had to make that fall for the final great fairy.
Great bay was a pain for me as I didn't understand how the pipes worked the first time around. Also, fuck,I consider Great Bay harder than the Water Temple in OoT.

If there is one thing I Really DISLIKE in Majora's mask, its the overusage of Wizrobe as the mini boss. We fight him 5 times.

I like twilight princess much more than Majora's mask. it was my first zelda game too, so it might be nostalgia speaking.The game was beautiful for 2006 standards. Midna is in my top 5 favourite zelda characters list and twilight princess link is the best link imo ( better than botw link, unpopular opinion) . All the dungeons were incredible in twilight princess.

The 4 - phase final showdown with ganondorf in twilight princess is the best ending to a zelda game ever imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is perfection. :steef:

Tbh, it is extremely difficult to choose whether OOT, MM or TP are the best imo since every Zelda game has its own unique aesthetics, musics (that's also an important factor within the Zelda series!) and gameplay but if I really have to choose, it is definitely Ocarina of Time.

And I will explain why (don't blame me for my nostalgia goggles):

I think everyone here is quite experienced with the game series' lore, right? Whether they only played A Link to the Past, The Wind Waker, Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess... okay, even if somebody just played Breath of the Wild, they at least know the basic knowledge about the lore; the kingdom Hyrule, princess Zelda, Link himself and Ganon/Ganondorf.

And Ocarina of Time connects the entire lore! Whether it is the world of Twilight Princess or The Wind Waker, whether it is Phantom Hourglass or even Link's Awakening. Due to the splitted timeline, Ocarina of Time's plot connects everything - and that's the thing where everything also begins.
True, I should mention Skyward Sword as well since it explains 1) the reincarnation cycle of Zelda (the goddess hylia is the origin of zelda's entire existence within ALL timelines) 2) the creating of the Master Sword (my most favourite video game weapon!) and 3) the prime source of Ganondorf's power respectively his entire existence.
That's how Ocarina of Time started and that's how Ocarina of Time splitted the original timeline into three different timelines.

Hyrule was flooded in Wind Waker? Well, OOT is the reason for this development. Zant and the Twili race almost ruled over Hyrule because of an unknown dark magic? OOT is the reason for this development. Ganon killed the hero and managed to corrupt the Sacred Realm, literally the cause of the following great war which decided the peace of hyrule due to the sacrifices of the royal knights, Ganon being banned into the Dark World? Well... Ocarina of Time once again.
And did I mention Breath of the Wild? The everlasting Calamity haunting the kingdom for 10.000 fucking years? The same calamity which put the entire kingdom into ruins within a single day, reign supreme for literally 100 years, almost killing the hero? And the origin of the aforementioned Calamity? Yeah... Ocarina of Time!!

Imo regardless of any upcoming zelda titles in the future, Ocarina of Time will always play a huge role in the lore.

Now that I just explained the greatness of OOT within the entire Zelda lore, lemme explain other positive things:

The game's aesthetics are very beautiful. You open the game and you already see the beautiful and melanchonic intro of Link calmly riding the hyrule field with Epona, showing you the beautiful world you are going to play now.

The characters are sympathic, the overworld is funny, the story was cool, Ganondorf and the dungeons... Especially the dungeons.
Of course there are very good dungeons in the Zelda series but imo, the Forest Temple is still the best among the dungeos in terms of gameplay, versatility and atmosphere. Of course there are dungeons like the Stone Tower Temple (MM, the closest to Forest Temple in greatness), Earth Temple (WW), Arbiter's Grounds (TP), Ancient Cistern (SS) and the Temple of Droplets (Minish Cap, seriously that's a rather underrated dungeon unfortunately) but imo, the Forest Temple is still the best up-to-date, the GOAT.

Well, I'm sure I could even explain more details why OOT is the best Zelda game but unfortunately, that's everything I remember about rn.

Anyway, that's my ranking:

1.) Ocarina of Time
2.) Majora's Mask
3.) The Wind Waker
4.) Breath of the Wild
5.) Twilight Princess
6.) A Link to the Past
7.) Link's Awakening
8.) Skyward Sword
9.) The Minish Cap
10.) Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages (technically, that's a single game with two different plots which has a combined final boss, connecting the two games into one single final boss actually)

Why's Breath of the Wild only the 4th rank? It is as @Admiral Lee Hung said, the game itself is enormous and amazing, no question! I have spent around +400 hours playing the game and finishing it over and over again but the lack of memorable dungeons is the reason I do place BotW below OOT, MM and TWW. Yes, that's a very good reason imo since I freaking love the Zelda dungeons. It was a huge letdown seeing only four short dungeons with almost the same aesthetics, almost no enemies and the four... bosses.
I am sure, if there was only a single dungeon with a divine beast with the same mechanics but better enemies and a far better boss, this would be very impressive and unique on its own since you would explore a Shikah made dungeon with high technology and a quite unique mechanism compared to other Zelda games but there were four of them, no individuality which was disappointing. And at worst, no natural themed dungeon in BotW, a Zelda game with the biggest and most beautiful overworld in the Zelda series! 12x bigger than the TP map.

And there is the thing with the weapon's durability. I thought "Hey, that isn't so bad, I'm sure this would elevate the difficulty even more" but wow, how I was wrong... The weak durability was really annoying throughout the entire game. You had to worry constantly about your weapon breaking up from every fight with around 20 - 25 hits. There are monsters with 700 - 1200 HP and you have weapons around 30 - 40 strength, your weapon would at least be enough for a single enemy whilst there are four or six other enemies aiming you. And if your weapon is broken, you have to select a new weapon again, pausing the battle for a few seconds. Oh, and you will pause your battle a lot... several times within a single battle. That's why it can be very annoying sometimes.

But despite of all these negative aspects, BotW still has a very amazing gameplay since you can do a lot of things due to the physics engine, including how you battle your enemies.

That's why I hope BotW2 will fix all those problems, especially regarding dungeons.

I got a switch just to play Botw.
Same here lol.

This theory is very interesting and it would be mindblowing if it was true but unfortunately, this cannot happen since we see Majora's Mask Link in Twilight Princess as the Stalfos Knight teaching Link the 8 Hidden Skills. And he has an adult appereance.

Last edited:
L

Levi_Ackerman

This thread is perfection. :steef:

Tbh, it is extremely difficult to choose whether OOT, MM or TP are the best imo since every Zelda game has its own unique aesthetics, musics (that's also an important factor within the Zelda series!) and gameplay but if I really have to choose, it is definitely Ocarina of Time.

And I will explain why (don't blame me for my nostalgia goggles):

I think everyone here is quite experienced with the game series' lore, right? Whether they only played A Link to the Past, The Wind Waker, Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess... okay, even if somebody just played Breath of the Wild, they at least know the basic knowledge about the lore; the kingdom Hyrule, princess Zelda, Link himself and Ganon/Ganondorf.

And Ocarina of Time connects the entire lore! Whether it is the world of Twilight Princess or The Wind Waker, whether it is Phantom Hourglass or even Link's Awakening. Due to the splitted timeline, Ocarina of Time's plot connects everything - and that's the thing where everything also begins.
True, I should mention Skyward Sword as well since it explains 1) the reincarnation cycle of Zelda (the goddess hylia is the origin of zelda's entire existence within ALL timelines) 2) the creating of the Master Sword (my most favourite video game weapon!) and 3) the prime source of Ganondorf's power respectively his entire existence.
That's how Ocarina of Time started and that's how Ocarina of Time splitted the original timeline into three different timelines.

Hyrule was flooded in Wind Waker? Well, OOT is the reason for this development. Zant and the Twili race almost ruled over Hyrule because of an unknown dark magic? OOT is the reason for this development. Ganon killed the hero and managed to corrupt the Sacred Realm, literally the cause of the following great war which decided the peace of hyrule due to the sacrifices of the royal knights, Ganon being banned into the Dark World? Well... Ocarina of Time once again.
And did I mention Breath of the Wild? The everlasting Calamity haunting the kingdom for 10.000 fucking years? The same calamity which put the entire kingdom into ruins within a single day, reign supreme for literally 100 years, almost killing the hero? And the origin of the aforementioned Calamity? Yeah... Ocarina of Time!!

Imo regardless of any upcoming zelda titles in the future, Ocarina of Time will always play a huge role in the lore.

Now that I just explained the greatness of OOT within the entire Zelda lore, lemme explain other positive things:

The game's aesthetics are very beautiful. You open the game and you already see the beautiful and melanchonic intro of Link calmly riding the hyrule field with Epona, showing you the beautiful world you are going to play now.

The characters are sympathic, the overworld is funny, the story was cool, Ganondorf and the dungeons... Especially the dungeons.
Of course there are very good dungeons in the Zelda series but imo, the Forest Temple is still the best among the dungeos in terms of gameplay, versatility and atmosphere. Of course there are dungeons like the Stone Tower Temple (MM, the closest to Forest Temple in greatness), Earth Temple (WW), Arbiter's Grounds (TP), Ancient Cistern (SS) and the Temple of Droplets (Minish Cap, seriously that's a rather underrated dungeon unfortunately) but imo, the Forest Temple is still the best up-to-date, the GOAT.

Well, I'm sure I could even explain more details why OOT is the best Zelda game but unfortunately, that's everything I remember about rn.

Anyway, that's my ranking:

1.) Ocarina of Time
2.) Majora's Mask
3.) The Wind Waker
4.) Breath of the Wild
5.) Twilight Princess
6.) A Link to the Past
7.) Link's Awakening
8.) Skyward Sword
9.) The Minish Cap
10.) Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages (technically, that's a single game with two different plots which has a combined final boss, connecting the two games into one single final boss actually)

Why's Breath of the Wild only the 4th rank? It is as @Admiral Lee Hung said, the game itself is enormous and amazing, no question! I have spent around +400 hours playing the game and finishing it over and over again but the lack of memorable dungeons is the reason I do place BotW below OOT, MM and TWW. Yes, that's a very good reason imo since I freaking love the Zelda dungeons. It was a huge letdown seeing only four short dungeons with almost the same aesthetics, almost no enemies and the four... bosses.
I am sure, if there was only a single dungeon with a divine beast with the same mechanics but better enemies and a far better boss, this would be very impressive and unique on its own since you would explore a Shikah made dungeon with high technology and a quite unique mechanism compared to other Zelda games but there were four of them, no individuality which was disappointing. And at worst, no natural themed dungeon in BotW, a Zelda game with the biggest and most beautiful overworld in the Zelda series! 12x bigger than the TP map.

And there is the thing with the weapon's durability. I thought "Hey, that isn't so bad, I'm sure this would elevate the difficulty even more" but wow, how I was wrong... The weak durability was really annoying throughout the entire game. You had to worry constantly about your weapon breaking up from every fight with around 20 - 25 hits. There are monsters with 700 - 1200 HP and you have weapons around 30 - 40 strength, your weapon would at least be enough for a single enemy whilst there are four or six other enemies aiming you. And if your weapon is broken, you have to select a new weapon again, pausing the battle for a few seconds. Oh, and you will pause your battle a lot... several times within a single battle. That's why it can be very annoying sometimes.

But despite of all these negative aspects, BotW still has a very amazing gameplay since you can do a lot of things due to the physics engine, including how you battle your enemies.

That's why I hope BotW2 will fix all those problems, especially regarding dungeons.

Same here lol.

This theory is very interesting and it would be mindblowing if it was true but unfortunately, this cannot happen since we see Majora's Mask Link in Twilight Princess as the Stalfos Knight teaching Link the 8 Hidden Skills. And he has an adult appereance.

I agree that they shouldn't have changed course from the traditional dungeon system in Botw, but i can understand why they did so.
Botw may not faitful to the normal traditional Zelda , but on its own , it's a Excellent game.

Botw is a open world , go anywhere do anything at anytime and find things sort of game . Dungeons in the previous games were meant to be certain places where you get a new item and more experience and by doing so, progress in the game. In Botw, it is a exploration type of game where you can do anything you want and have to search for what you want.

It wouldn't have been a good idea to add dungeons , cuz they would have just stifled your progress.

Multiple shrines were made, if they were long dungeons instead ., It would have been too long and boring doing 120 long dungeons and it would consume a lot of time.

BUT, even if there aren't many dungeons, they should have made more interior areas. The overworld is huge, but there is a lack of interior areas. I wish they added something like caves or ruins to explore.

the final boss was really underwhelming.
I really disliked Calamity ganon , thunderblight ganon was more of a challenge and better than him.
dark beast ganon was a fucking tanky joke

Which are your top 5 dungeons overall in Zelda ?
@Sentinel @Admiral Lee Hung

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Oracle of Ages was my childhood.

Didn't get a home console until I got a Wii. The amount of times I played and replayed Oracle of Ages is obscene. I know it's not the best game in the world, but my love for it knows no bounds.

And since I brought up me getting the Wii, that leads to my favourite- Twilight Princess. I'd sort of played the 3D Zelda's before it with friends at their houses, but y'know that way when you're a kid and playing with friends, it's not quite the same as sitting down and getting to play through it yourself? Well, Twilight Princess was my first experience of that. And as such I thoroughly get the nostalgia and awe people who got to play Ocarina of Time when it first came out have for it, because that's TP for me.

I share the opinion with BotW. Phenomenal game, just not quite a Zelda. Loved every minute of it, but I'm not sure I'll ever go back and play it again, like the other Zelda's. Which is maybe a tribute to the sense of adventure it accomplished? Hoping the sequel will take into account the relatively few complaints about BotW, it'll be outstanding then.

Also, Okami is a brilliant Zelda game that isn't a Zelda game. It's where a lot of my interest in Japan as a country- not just manga/video games, but it's actual history band mythology- comes from.

L

Levi_Ackerman

Oracle of Ages was my childhood.

Didn't get a home console until I got a Wii. The amount of times I played and replayed Oracle of Ages is obscene. I know it's not the best game in the world, but my love for it knows no bounds.

And since I brought up me getting the Wii, that leads to my favourite- Twilight Princess. I'd sort of played the 3D Zelda's before it with friends at their houses, but y'know that way when you're a kid and playing with friends, it's not quite the same as sitting down and getting to play through it yourself? Well, Twilight Princess was my first experience of that. And as such I thoroughly get the nostalgia and awe people who got to play Ocarina of Time when it first came out have for it, because that's TP for me.

I share the opinion with BotW. Phenomenal game, just not quite a Zelda. Loved every minute of it, but I'm not sure I'll ever go back and play it again, like the other Zelda's. Which is maybe a tribute to the sense of adventure it accomplished? Hoping the sequel will take into account the relatively few complaints about BotW, it'll be outstanding then.

Also, Okami is a brilliant Zelda game that isn't a Zelda game. It's where a lot of my interest in Japan as a country- not just manga/video games, but it's actual history band mythology- comes from.
I'm happy to meet someone else who considers twilight princess the best ( for me , it's second after botw)

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Which are your top 5 dungeons overall in Zelda ?
@Sentinel @Admiral Lee Hung
My top 5 dungeons? Hmm, tough to say actually. I’ve never actually thought about a ranking for them. There is seldom a Zelda Temple that I don’t adore lol. But if I had to say something off of the top of my head, in no particular order:
1. The Fire Temple-Ocarina of Time
-I often see people saying how they love the Forest Temple from Ocarina, but imo the Fire Temple was the best Temple in that game lol. Everything from the climb up Death Mountain searching for it, to realizing that the entire Temple is inside of the freaking volcano, to the main room of the Temple which is a giant pit of Lava, to freeing the Gorons, to the Megaton Hammer and Vovolgia, just a completely awesome temple imo.

2. Ordon Village Forest Temple-Twilight Princess
-This temple was awesome for me just because of what it represented for me when I was younger. Twilight Princess was not the first Zelda game I played, but it was the first Zelda I had ever beaten. I had played OoT, Majora’s Mask, and Wind Waker all before I had played TP but i never actually beat any of them. I think I was too young, stupid, and scared to really comprehend the challenges those games threw at me. The Temples scared me off from their challenge, the bosses were very intimidating to me, and I ultimately never motivated myself to actually beat them despite loving those games. Fun fact, the only Zelda dungeons I had actually beaten before Twilight Princess, I only beat with the help of some older friends I had. I had never beaten them from my own merit.

But when I first bought Twilight Princess, I was a bit older and I told myself “I AM going to beat this game, and nobody is going to help me do it.” So by the time I got to the very first temple in the game, it was the first time in Zelda that I felt like I had truly resolved myself to complete some monumental challenge that I had never faced before. And ofc being the first Temple in the game, it’s not a very hard one and it is constantly giving you small victories as you free the monkeys in prison. As I freed more and more monkeys, my confidence grew, and as I smacked that stupid monkey on the ass with the ordon sword, I truly felt for the first time like I could actually clear a Zelda dungeon.

In the end, all of the Monkeys I saved banding together to help me reach the final boss was a feeling I’d never experienced. It was like all of my bravery and resolve was culminating into one moment, and whatever horror lied beyond the boss door was just waiting to become my bitch.

So, I cleared the Temple and the rest was history. I would go on to beat Twilight Princess and the other games I mentioned above, all because I had the bravery to challenge the Ordon Temple and keep moving forward from there.

3. Arbiter’s Grounds-Twilight Princess
-I think I feel about the Arbiter’s Grounds, how everyone else feels about the Forest Temple from Ocarina lol. The trek across the Gerudo Desert to that epic music, ad giant sand creatures try to kill you from below the surface was incredible. The Temple itself makes great use of Wolf Link and human Link, and the spinner was a ton of fun even if it didn’t require much brain power. The Temple itself starts off as appropriately dark for a Zelda game, but the atmosphere lightens up the further you go into the temple. The final boss, even if he wasn’t challenging, was quite awesome in his own right, and after beating said boss, you get treated to the epic Ganondorf reveal atop the temple itself. Overall just a great temple for me.

4. Stone Tower Temple-Majora
-You know how I know this temple is freaking awesome? Because I only played this bitch once and it still stands out in my mind lol. All of the Temples in Majora are awesome, but the Stone Tower Temple feels like a culmination of all of them, and the buildup and lore to it feels like a culmination of all of the extremely weird aspects of Majora that make the game so memorable lol. Great puzzles, atmosphere, boss, etc.

5. Hyrule Castle-Twilight Princess
-and how could I know throw the culmination to my “coming of age” Zelda on here? This Temple wraps up the Twilight Princess story in beautiful fashion imo. From Fused Shadow Midna tearing through the barrier protecting it in glorious fashion, the giant fat Goblin narrative being wrapped up in one last encounter, and of course the best freaking final boss in Zelda history,

And yeah. I’d be remiss not to throw this one in.
@Levi_Ackerman yours?

L

Levi_Ackerman

My top 5 dungeons? Hmm, tough to say actually. I’ve never actually thought about a ranking for them. There is seldom a Zelda Temple that I don’t adore lol. But if I had to say something off of the top of my head, in no particular order:
1. The Fire Temple-Ocarina of Time
-I often see people saying how they love the Forest Temple from Ocarina, but imo the Fire Temple was the best Temple in that game lol. Everything from the climb up Death Mountain searching for it, to realizing that the entire Temple is inside of the freaking volcano, to the main room of the Temple which is a giant pit of Lava, to freeing the Gorons, to the Megaton Hammer and Vovolgia, just a completely awesome temple imo.

2. Ordon Village Forest Temple-Twilight Princess
-This temple was awesome for me just because of what it represented for me when I was younger. Twilight Princess was not the first Zelda game I played, but it was the first Zelda I had ever beaten. I had played OoT, Majora’s Mask, and Wind Waker all before I had played TP but i never actually beat any of them. I think I was too young, stupid, and scared to really comprehend the challenges those games threw at me. The Temples scared me off from their challenge, the bosses were very intimidating to me, and I ultimately never motivated myself to actually beat them despite loving those games. Fun fact, the only Zelda dungeons I had actually beaten before Twilight Princess, I only beat with the help of some older friends I had. I had never beaten them from my own merit.

But when I first bought Twilight Princess, I was a bit older and I told myself “I AM going to beat this game, and nobody is going to help me do it.” So by the time I got to the very first temple in the game, it was the first time in Zelda that I felt like I had truly resolved myself to complete some monumental challenge that I had never faced before. And ofc being the first Temple in the game, it’s not a very hard one and it is constantly giving you small victories as you free the monkeys in prison. As I freed more and more monkeys, my confidence grew, and as I smacked that stupid monkey on the ass with the ordon sword, I truly felt for the first time like I could actually clear a Zelda dungeon.

In the end, all of the Monkeys I saved banding together to help me reach the final boss was a feeling I’d never experienced. It was like all of my bravery and resolve was culminating into one moment, and whatever horror lied beyond the boss door was just waiting to become my bitch.

So, I cleared the Temple and the rest was history. I would go on to beat Twilight Princess and the other games I mentioned above, all because I had the bravery to challenge the Ordon Temple and keep moving forward from there.

3. Arbiter’s Grounds-Twilight Princess
-I think I feel about the Arbiter’s Grounds, how everyone else feels about the Forest Temple lol. The trek across the Gerudo Desert to that epic music, ad giant sand creatures try to kill you from below the surface was incredible. The Temple itself makes great use of Wolf Link and human Link, and the spinner was a ton of fun even if it didn’t require much brain power. The Temple itself starts off as appropriately dark for a Zelda game, but the atmosphere lightens up the further you go into the temple. The final boss, even if he wasn’t challenging, was quite awesome in his own right, and after beating said boss, you get treated to the epic Ganondorf reveal atop the temple itself. Overall just a great temple for me.

4. Stone Tower Temple-Majora
-You know how I know this temple is freaking awesome? Because I only played this bitch once and it still stands out in my mind lol. All of the Temples in Majora are awesome, but the Stone Tower Temple feels like a culmination of all of them, and the buildup and lore to it feels like a culmination of all of the extremely weird aspects of Majora that make the game so memorable lol. Great puzzles, atmosphere, boss, etc.

5. Hyrule Castle-Twilight Princess
-and how could I know throw the culmination to my “coming of age” Zelda on here? This Temple wraps up the Twilight Princess story in beautiful fashion imo. From Fused Shadow Midna tearing through the barrier protecting it in glorious fashion, the giant fat Goblin narrative being wrapped up in one last encounter, and of course the best freaking final boss in Zelda history,

And yeah. I’d be remiss not to throw this one in.
@Levi_Ackerman yours?
Great list ! I didn't expect fire temple to be on your top 5 tho. It is underrated. People usually hate it

1. stone tower temple - MM (inversion)
2. forest temple - Oot (spooky and cool mansion)
3. shadow temple - Oot (creepiest temple in all of zelda)
4. arbiter's grounds - TP (spinner and cool backstory0
5. Sand Ship - Skyward Sword (concept of a ship is cool and unique)

Honorable Mentions : Lorule Castle (ALBW), Earth Temple (WW) and Snowpeak ruins (TP)

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Great list ! I didn't expect fire temple to be on your top 5 tho. It is underrated. People usually hate it
Really? Lol, why is that? I know about the controversy with the original music, that the only reason?

I almost threw this one into my list lol. Every Temple in Twilight Princess could’ve made my top 5 tbh.

A Link Between World’s was a really fun one overall. It almost made me want to check out A Link to the Past but I wasn’t too excited about the Switch remake tbh.

L

Levi_Ackerman

@Admiral Lee Hung
Which are your 5 favourite dungeon bosses ? (excluding final bosses)

mine are :
1. Usurper King : Zant
2. Twilit Fossil : Stallord
3. Ancient Automation : Koloktos
4.Phantom Shadow Beast : Bongo Bongo
5.Masked Mechanical Monster : Goht

Really? Lol, why is that? I know about the controversy with the original music, that the only reason?
The temple wasn't really that cool compared to the rest of the adult temples is what people say ( excluding those who hate water temple)
And some people hate the tightrope walking for the megaton hammer ( i always get it in my first few tries)

the original music was a lot better imo, it gave you the scary vibe