General & Others The majority of One Piece fans are under 22

Those silly generation names are basically marketing terminology
It both furthers alienation between gens (Us vs Them), and it creates a feeling of uniqueness that doesn't exist: "Only us babies of the 2xx0s can know about Y," when in reality the details of the events informing a generation change cyclically, but how those events affect them are usually uniform across the century.

How I, as an old head, feel about it? Well, I don’t care. I started to read One Piece weekly like 20 years ago when I was young and part of the target audience. During the years I have hardly picked up any new manga. When OP finishes I’m unlikely to pick up another manga unless my kids pick one up. It’s kind of like with Rap. Ask me about any rapper from say 2004-2014 and I might know a bit but today I don’t follow that scene anymore.

if fans were more grown up, then discussions on WG would look much more differently than they look now

Tbh they wouldnt we can see it with the One Piece YTbers
-Kol
-Jay D
-Morj
-Brago (often)
-some Girls as well they are so irrelevant cant remember their names (not Naphier)
There sooo much more and when i see them grown ass Adults talk and argue like little kids im not surprised at all.

Is this surprising? Maybe the average age of users on Worstgen is pretty old, considering most of us have been reading One Piece for quite some time.

But One Piece has only been very popular globally for a few years, since COVID hit. Considering it appeals mostly to kids and teens, the new fanbase should naturally be younger

Is this surprising? Maybe the average age of users on Worstgen is pretty old, considering most of us have been reading One Piece for quite some time.

But One Piece has only been very popular globally for a few years, since COVID hit. Considering it appeals mostly to kids and teens, the new fanbase should naturally be younger
Yeah One piece got really popular in the arab world countries since covid days and I'm noticing lots of kids and teens in my home country Saudi arabia are obsessed with one piece these days
Times changed man 😅
I remember back in 2005 when i was in high-school every one was talking about bleach and naruto and I was the only one talking about one piece and most of my classmates had no idea about one piece it was obscure thing to them lol 😂 🤣🤣

I'm almost 35, is anyone older than me here? I still enjoy good manga and anime, it doesn't matter to me which demographic is focused in if the story is good enough, most of them are shit like in every other kind of media, but I tend to be more indulgent reading a shitty manga than watching a shitty TV show or movie.