Character Discussion The Most Disappointing Strawhat in Each Arc Post Timeskip..... Analysis

Thoughts on the Analysis?

• Total voters

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I think that if Sanji's nosebleed gag is the main factor of selecting him as "worst SH" during FI, than I think FI was overall pretty good for the SHs and y'all just blow a gag out of proportion more than Oda does. LMAO.

FI's main issue was its cast of enemies, not the SHs in the slightest. FI was the "let me show what the SHs can do now" arc.
Sanji is one of the only 3 members to learn Haki in the timeskip, learned the Gepou from CP9, had shots like this:

But sure.
One little gag overthrows all of that.
:kobeha:

I think that if Sanji's nosebleed gag is the main factor of selecting him as "worst SH" during FI, than I think FI was overall pretty good for the SHs and y'all just blow a gag out of proportion more than Oda does. LMAO.

FI's main issue was its cast of enemies, not the SHs in the slightest. FI was the "let me show what the SHs can do now" arc.
Sanji is one of the only 3 members to learn Haki in the timeskip, learned the Gepou from CP9, had shots like this:

But sure.
FMI was good for the straw hats in general. They all got solid moments during it and a good time to show off.

Sanjis nosebleed gag was a dumb fucking way to introduce the blood law because that was the sole reason he had the gag that entire arc. Which got annoying. But besides that every other straw hat was actually kinda cool that arc. And it would probably be a well loved arc if the villains and side characters were some of the worst in the manga.

But sure.
if Sanji is calling what he learned as Haki, Iva should put a bullet to his head. BM’s 7 year old kids have better Haki ffs.

Nice thread agree with .

Not sure how could anyone think Robin would fight Diamante , it was set in stone that Kyros would defeat that guy.

Return To Sabaody: SETUP/VIBES
Vibes arc, no real major plot point going on just the crew getting together again. So no real opportunity for anyone to be a disappointment.

Fishman Island: Sanji
No surprise here, Worst arc in the series for Sanji, he was the most disappointing strawhat overall in this arc, he actually affected the plot a couple times and was a liability a majority of the time, although he did display a lot of cool abilities in the midst of his nosebleed fiasco and I do understand 2 years without women can't imagine how you'd act after that, but again if his actions are effecting the plot then you know somethings not right. He was the first Strawhat to receive this award Post Timeskip but certainly not the last.

Punk Hazard: Chopper

This was very tough between Chopper and Nico Robin, neither achieved a damn thing in Punk Hazard, with Robin she wasn't assigned any task in Punk Hazard to complete, Chopper had plot points he was apart of and didn't play a part in resolving any of them......yes the plot line with Mocha was touching and emotional but everything about Chopper was resolved by someone else whether its Sanji and the G5 guys coming in clutch when Mocha was about to die and chopper couldn't sedate the kids or Law being the one to actually cure the kids with his room abilities........ and its a bigger knock on Chopper cause he's actually a doctor and his goal is too cure all diseases...........

and if you don't believe me here are Sanji and Law bailing Chopper out
Literally all Chopper did was tell us the drug was bad and struggle to sedate the kids, its not until Sanji and G8 arrive when the kids are finally sedated, and then Law comes and removes the decease with his devil fruit.

Dressrosa: Nico Robin
NASTY WORK BY ODA....She was a huge disappointment in dressrosa and it's not really her fault this one is on Oda......You can't tease her fighting Diamanté and not following through with it, Go Read Ch. 773 and tell me you did not think Robin was going to fight Diamanté.....it's ridiculous to think that Robin was in a 102 Chapter Arc and didn't play a major role IN ANYTHING???? No fight, No Plot Point just hangin around................

Big Miss Oda...... I mean she was really just used for fan service a couple times, caught hakuba ( which I thought was impressive) and protected Rebecca from spikes...... Compare this to everyone else and it's just vastly underwhelming.

Zou: SETUP/VIBES

Another Vibes arc, No plot point for the straw hats to be apart of to really be a disappointment in.

WCI: Chopper

This is probably the most balanced arc in terms of strawhat activity, everyone did something but The person who achieved the least has got to be chopper, the infamous Chopper losing to Trees meme, and the fact that Chopper doesn't really accomplish anything on his own its a lot of team up action, the first team up was successful with Carrot earlier in the arc, 2nd team up with Brook ended in them getting neg diffed by Perospero, he did play a role on the ship when Big Mom was attacking but compared to everyone else that's a straw hat its doesn't holdup unfortunately. Luffy also got stabbed by a trident
and Oda didn't have Doctor Chopper mention anything about the stab or the large chunk of skin luffy lost but Sanji being shot came up somehow ....

Wano: Usopp
Probably the worst arc in the series for Usopp, 149 chapters Longest Arc in the series and no fight, no plot point of focus, just a whole bunch of nothing..........The potential matchup with Page One and Ulti turned into Nami's moment not Usopp. Of course Usopp assisted Tama in Onigashima helping her get the word out to control the smile's. But when compare Usopp's production in Wano to everyone else THERES A GAP!!!

Also did you know Usopp is the ONLY Strawhat that didn't get a double page spread moment of some sort in Wano?
Usually this only happens to characters going through a character arc of some sort but this didn't lead anywhere as far as we know......

Egghead: Usopp (could change once arc ends).
Edit: Ok there’s a lot of strawhats doing a whole lot of nothing so this prompted me to re-read and So…….. upon re-read Usopp has been down bad a few times this arc. Honestly looks like Usopp is going on 2 Arcs in a row of being the most dissapointing strawhat. Chopper was gonna be #1 but atleast Chopper is doing his job.

On what basis does people think that all strawhats must shine in an arc ?

You could make a post about the strawhat that shine the must, but no. Again.....

Negativity is the key