Powers & Abilities The Nika Fruit is Oda giving zero fucks.

Oda has always had the powers of devil fruits being limited in some way.

I) Zoan Fruits (bar Mythical variants) are pretty standard. They grant the user the ability to shape shift into the titular creature or some Dr. Moreau man-beast hybrid. They grant a general physical boost to all stats with Ancient variants giving a supposedly bigger boost. Pretty simple stuff.

II) Logia Fruits grant users the ability to control and turn their bodies into the titular element of the fruit. Again, fairly simple.

III) Paramecia Fruits are everything that Oda thinks of that doesn't fit into the previous two categories. This is a diverse category with many different powers but they are all ultimately limited by what they are named after. No matter how creative a user can get with say Strings (and dapper Doffy is pretty creative), that user is still ultimately limited to string based powers. They are never going to suddenly shoot lightning out of their fingertips Palpatine style if their fruit theme simply does not allow it.

IV) Mythical Zoans are where things can get a little different since the creature that they are based off of can also have secondary Paramecia or Logia style powers (e.g. Devon's ability to mimic folk and Marco's control over his flames). However, these fruits were limited by what mythical creature or being that Oda based them off of since he was using myths from the real world.

Until one day Oda decided "Fuck it" and retconned Luffy's Paramecia fruit into a Mythical Zoan based on an in-universe figure that was only introduced real late into Wano Arc.

What are the Nika Fruit's powers? Seems like Oda has yet to even decide them.

What is the Nika Fruit capable of? Downright anything since there are no established limits on what this figure was capable of to begin with.

What are the Nika Fruit's limitations? Downright non-existent. If Oda decides that Luffy can vomit flames and crap lightning then all he needs to do is say "Nika could do it" and that is the end of that.

You know what I was expecting? Just some awakening. You know what else I could have accepted? Luffy being that wierdo Special Paramecia subcategory that got introduced because Oda decided that a Mochi Logia was undoable for some reason.

I would have even accepted the Rubber Fruit being rebranded into a slightly different Paramecia, like an Oil Fruit that is based on all petroleum products so Luffy can change from solid rubber to liquid oil or whatever. I could have even accepted that.

But retconning Luffy's powers to an abstract Mythical Zoan after 1030+ chapters of this story? Nah, that is some bullsensical nonsense and it is only going to get worse from here.

Some tags:
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Beerbottle @Den_Den_Mushi @Haoku @Jiihad @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @RayanOO @Light D Lamperouge @Blackbeard @Sanji D Goat

I) Zoan Fruits (bar Mythical variants) are pretty standard. They grant the user the ability to shape shift into the titular creature or some Dr. Moreau man-beast hybrid. They grant a general physical boost to all stats with Ancient variants giving a supposedly bigger boost. Pretty simple stuff.

II) Logia Fruits grant users the ability to control and turn their bodies into the titular element of the fruit. Again, fairly simple.

III) Paramecia Fruits are everything that Oda thinks of that doesn't fit into the previous two categories. This is a diverse category with many different powers but they are all ultimately limited by what they are named after. No matter how creative a user can get with say Strings (and dapper Doffy is pretty creative), that user is still ultimately limited to string based powers. They are never going to suddenly shoot lightning out of their fingertips Palpatine style if their fruit theme simply does not allow it.

IV) Mythical Zoans are where things can get a little different since the creature that they are based off of can also have secondary Paramecia or Logia style powers (e.g. Devon's ability to mimic folk and Marco's control over his flames). However, these fruits were limited by what mythical creature or being that Oda based them off of since he was using myths from the real world.

Until one day Oda decided "Fuck it" and retconned Luffy's Paramecia fruit into a Mythical Zoan based on an in-universe figure that was only introduced real late into Wano Arc.

What is the Nika Fruit capable of? Downright anything since there are no established limits on what this figure was capable of to begin with.

What are the Nika Fruit's limitations? Downright non-existent. If Oda decides that Luffy can vomit flames and crap lightning then all he needs to do is say "Nika could do it" and that is the end of that.

You know what I was expecting? Just some awakening. You know what else I could have accepted? Luffy being that wierdo Special Paramecia subcategory that got introduced because Oda decided that a Mochi Logia was undoable for some reason.

I would have even accepted the Rubber Fruit being rebranded into a slightly different Paramecia, like an Oil Fruit that is based on all petroleum products so Luffy can change from solid rubber to liquid oil or whatever. I could have even accepted that.

But retconning Luffy's powers to an abstract Mythical Zoan after 1030+ chapters of this story? Nah, that is some bullsensical nonsense and it is only going to get worse from here.

Some tags:
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Beerbottle @Den_Den_Mushi @Haoku @Jiihad @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @RayanOO @Light D Lamperouge @Blackbeard @Sanji D Goat
What pisses me off the most about saying goodbye to Gomu Gomu after 25 years is G5 can literally work without the fruit having to be retconned.

We have seen Kuma removing abstract concepts such as damages and exhaustion before, so Gomu Gomu awakening allowing Luffy to touch intangible elements or cast out damages after being burnt would have easily fallen under the established OP Logic.

Nika Nika no mi feels like Lolda waking up one day and thinking, "How can I improve my story by killing off every tension related to Luffy from here on? Oh, I get it! I'll just deify him!", and decided to proceed from there.

He should have had the humility to learn from botching Yonko saga, but he instead made it even worse. :catcry:

I miss Gomu Gomu no Mi. :catsweat:

Last edited:

Some tags:
For a zoan type he also has paramecia awakening to:suresure:

Oda is simply not good enough as a writer to create and maintain consistent story logic. He is willing to throw all established narrative rules out the window in order to SuBvErT ExPeCtAtIoNs, with the Nika retcon being the most egregious example. The only good thing that comes out of Luffy literally having a god fruit is the slow but sure awakening of this brain dead shonen fandom that continues to bleat about Luffy being an underdog who deserves his powers.

At this point I think it’s best if you just turn off your brain, huff copious amounts of car exhaust fumes and pretend that a throwaway line in Skypeia about a sun god justifies all the writing decisions Oda has made thus far. It’ll save you a lot of future grief.

Nika Fruit has singlehandily destroyed Luffy. Everything he's accomplished can be attested to his fruit. Every fight hes won, or allies hes recruited. Everything he's done could be explained with the Nika Fruit bullshit running through his veins. Giving him retarded lvls of endurance and willpower, and magical invisible charisma. Its amazing that every opponent of Luffy has been the underdog, as theyve been fighting a literal plot protected ( protected by the heavens) Deity.

Its also hilarious how Luffy fans are trying their best to show that Luffy has worked hard and is still somehow the underdog.

Last edited:

Some tags:
This is one of the reasons I cant care less about One Piece.

The only thing keeping me engage is Zoro's goal and ZKK.

Oda decisions are so stupid recently that I dont know who is writting One Piece. Oda doesnt give a shit anymore about his story and create bullshit cuz he knows that SuBvErT ExPeCtAtIoNs is enough for the current OP audience:seriously:

At this point I think it’s best if you just turn off your brain, huff copious amounts of car exhaust fumes and pretend that a throwaway line in Skypeia about a sun god justifies all the writing decisions Oda has made thus far. It’ll save you a lot of future grief.
there was a throwaway line about earth, rain and forest gods. cant wait for those mythical devil fruits. :suresure:
Post automatically merged:

This Nika fruit is one of the worst thing that could happen to One Piece. This is Fairy Tail level writing.

Just compare the creativity and design of this trash gear 5 with gear 2. It almost feels like someone else is writing One Piece.
havent read fairy tail, but i usually compare this to bleach lol.
Post automatically merged:

No bro I swear bro it makes sense bro GODA bro please bro Oda planned this from day one bro
peak fiction

Nika Fruit has singlehandily destroyed Luffy. Everything he's accomplished can be attested to his fruit. Every fight hes won, or allies hes recruited. Everything he's done could be explained with the Nika Fruit bullshit running through his veins. Giving him retarded lvls of endurance and willpower, and magical invisible charisma. Its amazing that every opponent of Luffy has been the underdog, as theyve been fighting a literal plot protected ( protected by the heavens) Deity.

Its also hilarious how Condomtards are trying their best to show that Luffy has worked hard and is still somehow the underdog.
Since when? What is difference from gomu gomu from Nika Nika? Say one Paramecia who have transformations? Said to me how Luffy is so durable or have a huge recovery stats, was mentioned 50000 times in Manga.