Speculations The only reason Shiryuu got the The Suke Suke no Mi....

Must be because Oda plans to have Zoro "master COO" mid battle in order to beat Shiryuu. Seriously this fruit is borderline useless against top tiers since most of them have good COO.

I cannot fathom why Shiryuu gets this fruit over tons of much more useful fruits for pure combat. Sure its nice for sneak attacks against guys who don't have high level COO but thats it.

So far Zoro has good COA, just started using COC but he lacks COO feats. Most likely his COO is still on the weak side so this makes sense to me.

And oda has shown that he has no problem with guys upgrading haki mid battle.

My headcanon is Suke-Suke awakening conceals Shiryu from the detection of all five senses and all levels of ACoC, to the point whomever/whatever he slashes will not notice the damage initially because it cannot be detected. :myman:
Even for oda seems kinda bs for someone to unlock awakening that fast. Took Luffy forever to get awakening.

I do agree awakening can probably make it a lot harder to detect but someone with super high COO should be able to detect still. Otherwise the fruit would be insanely broken.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
If something as obvious and simple as CoO can easily counter the invisible fruit, then there is no point in giving it to him. Zoro can already follow invisible shit, which he proved against Kaido. Also, Sanji couldn't detect Queen with CoO. So if a second-class ability that doesn't really make you invisible can bypass CoO, then there is a high chance a strong character with the original ability would be able to do it too.

And the reason why he's given this fruit is probably that being stealthy was the most highlighted aspect about Shiryu when he was first introduced. If you remember it, he was moving around in ID without being detected or seen by the surveillance team.

Even for oda seems kinda bs for someone to unlock awakening that fast. Took Luffy forever to get awakening.

I do agree awakening can probably make it a lot harder to detect but someone with super high COO should be able to detect still. Otherwise the fruit would be insanely broken.
The fruit being broken is kinda the point, and we both know Lolda doesn't give a shit about power consistency, so Shiryu being able to awaken Suke-Suke even now is highly possible.

Must be because Oda plans to have Zoro "master COO" mid battle in order to beat Shiryuu. Seriously this fruit is borderline useless against top tiers since most of them have good COO.

I cannot fathom why Shiryuu gets this fruit over tons of much more useful fruits for pure combat. Sure its nice for sneak attacks against guys who don't have high level COO but thats it.

So far Zoro has good COA, just started using COC but he lacks COO feats. Most likely his COO is still on the weak side so this makes sense to me.

And oda has shown that he has no problem with guys upgrading haki mid battle.
Mihawk has FS, Zoro needs AdCoO or more "skill" to keep up with someone that is most likely a Katakuri on steroids that is actually strong, has ryuo and AdCoC and whatever a self made black blade does.

Next step: Cut Diamond Nothing
Pretty much this, it won't be as basic as Zoro can't see or feel him, it has the potential to be a double power up. Observation and cut nothingness. Oda has the ball.

Last edited: