General & Others The problem with Zkk

Killing someone who's been defeated doesn't deserve to be compared to Sword God
Again this is surface-level as hell. First of all, this would be Oda showing us a unique situation, we'd have no real proof that Zoro couldn't do killing-damage to healthy Kaido, just that he didn't in this situation and it'd be ambiguous as to how Zoro would do if Luffy hadn't already beaten him.

Regardless, the point isn't to make Zoro God or Sword God-level in strength, it's to validate the idea that Zoro has more to give to the story and the OP world than just being strong; he'd be revered and remembered as a national treasure of Wano, a figure inspiring safety and relief to the people of Wano. Putting that finality down is important after 20 years of suffering, it gives Zoro's typically 1-dimensional strength more depth. Oda needs to give Zoro a unique importance as his role in the crew isn't often that necessary. Being the only swordsman, only he can kill Kaido. Everyone has their role in the crew, this is Zoro's.

Like I said before, the problem is not ZKK itself, what matters is how Oda will deliver ZKK without negating Luffy's effort or invalidating Zoro's code of honor.

Few scenarios that I can think of is if Luffy beats Kaido and Kaido ask for a execution, so Zoro might come in and execute him. Now, some people might debate that Zoro killed an defeated guy but then again, when you surrender and ask for death, there's nothing wrong with that since this is a pirate manga we're talking about.

Another scenario is when Luffy and Zoro's final combo against Kaido, some people might argue that Luffy did more or Zoro did more which is something that fans can't decide.

So these two scenarios above are the best ones that I can think of for ZKK. There could be more but eh.

Just how is it going occur?

How is Zoro going to kill Kaido without invalidating Luffys victory? When has Luffy never done what he promised to do, in this case beat Kaido out of Wano himself? Why would Oda give the other straw hats a victory but not Luffy?

Even moreso now it’s clear that Kaido is going to be defeated by Joyboy which is Luffy.
I never doubted that Luffy will defeat Kaido and be declared the winner, but after that Kaido will still be alive and Luffy can't keep monitoring Kaido's actions, he must die to no longer be a concern.

Why do Zoro fans cling to killing someone who has been defeated? This is not a feat. On the contrary, it insulted Zoro. Zoro didn't contribute. He was just an executioner
There's a reason why Kaido lost 7 fights, but after 40 attempts he still hasn't been killed. Even defeated, his stamina remains the same, his immortality is attributed to his fruit and Zoro killing him is quite a feat.

On the contrary, treating Kaido with honor would be an insult to everyone who suffered at his hands.

Again this is surface-level as hell. First of all, this would be Oda showing us a unique situation, we'd have no real proof that Zoro couldn't do killing-damage to healthy Kaido, just that he didn't in this situation and it'd be ambiguous as to how Zoro would do if Luffy hadn't already beaten him.

Regardless, the point isn't to make Zoro God or Sword God-level in strength, it's to validate the idea that Zoro has more to give to the story and the OP world than just being strong; he'd be revered and remembered as a national treasure of Wano, a figure inspiring safety and relief to the people of Wano. Putting that finality down is important after 20 years of suffering, it gives Zoro's typically 1-dimensional strength more depth. Oda needs to give Zoro a unique importance as his role in the crew isn't often that necessary. Being the only swordsman, only he can kill Kaido. Everyone has their role in the crew, this is Zoro's.
Swordsman is not the reason to kill Kaido
If Luffy defeats Kaido, it is Luffy who brings Wano safety, not the man who suddenly comes out to act as the executioner
ZKK's only legitimacy is that Luffy and Zoro fight Kaido together

Why must Kaido be killed? Kaido yells that suicide is just a conceited behavior, because he thinks that no one can kill him, it doesn't mean he wants to die
I agree with this view, I've even mentioned it, Kaido just wants to "die" because he never saw the possibility of that happening. He must not die because he wants to, he must die for everything he has caused

I never doubted that Luffy will defeat Kaido and be declared the winner, but after that Kaido will still be alive and Luffy can't keep monitoring Kaido's actions, he must die to no longer be a concern.

There's a reason why Kaido lost 7 fights, but after 40 attempts he still hasn't been killed. Even defeated, his stamina remains the same, his immortality is attributed to his fruit and Zoro killing him is quite a feat.

On the contrary, treating Kaido with honor would be an insult to everyone who suffered at his hands.
And I get Luffy can’t monitor Kaidos actions, but i Think in the land of sea stone can get creative.

I just don’t see Zoro killing someone who’s unconscious, and I don’t see Luffy beating someone and them being conscious After Luffy wins.

Swordsman is not the reason to kill Kaido
If Luffy defeats Kaido, it is Luffy who brings Wano safety, not the man who suddenly comes out to act as the executioner
ZKK's only legitimacy is that Luffy and Zoro fight Kaido together
Who else would kill Kaido? So far the only people we've heard of scarring Kaido or killing dragons are swordsmen. Specifically swordsmen Zoro has parallels with. We all know "defeating" Kaido is nothing special and has been done before, it won't truly bring Wano peace unless the creature who 'can't die' actually does so.

Who else would kill Kaido? So far the only people we've heard of scarring Kaido or killing dragons are swordsmen. Specifically swordsmen Zoro has parallels with. We all know "defeating" Kaido is nothing special and has been done before, it won't truly bring Wano peace unless the creature who 'can't die' actually does so.
Did crocodile return to Alabasta to continue to do evil after being defeated?

Did crocodile return to Alabasta to continue to do evil after being defeated?
No he just went to the new world to continue doing evil, defeat isn't final. Besides for Crocodile it wasn't said on numerous occasions that he needs to die, his head needs to be taken, etc. He also isn't notable for being unkillable or wanting death. Using Crocodile, Lucci, Doffy etc only helps my point. Killing Kaido is the only way to truly stop him.

No he just went to the new world and continued his ambitions, defeat isn't final. Besides for Crocodile wasn't said on numerous occasions that he needs to die, his head needs to be taken, etc. He also isn't notable for being unkillable or wanting death. Using Crocodile, Lucci, Doffy etc only helps my point. Killing Kaido is the only way to truly stop him.
Just because Kaido wants to kill himself doesn't mean he wants to die ,doesn't mean he'll be killed

Luffy has seen many people like Kaido, but they are not dead. Why Kaido must die? We have no evidence that killing Kaido is the only way to save Wano

Last edited:
The difference here is big mom isn’t the big villain of the arc. Kaido is.
Post automatically merged:

Did Kaidos victory over Luffy feel valid after Luffy got back up? Because it definitely doesn’t feel like Kaido actually won.
And this is the point 😂😂😂oda doesn’t care what u think it’s his story if he wants to hand the Mc a L and count it against him and have him get right back up he will lol if zkk is the end for kaido he will have luffy defeat kaido and he will get back up for the kill done by zoro u will just have to be mad that oda did it his way instead of yours lol

Just because Kaido wants to kill himself doesn't mean he wants to die ,doesn't mean he'll be killed

Luffy has seen many people like Kaido, but they are not dead. Why Kaido must die? We have no evidence that killing Kaido is the only way to save Wano
Um. Lmao yeah it does. He wants a glorious death, "WB did it right", "death completes a person", etc? You're being oddly stubborn about this. Kaido's death is posted all over the arc.