General & Others The readers very low expectations (manga)

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
The current chapter had a rating of either 4/5 or 5/5 among over 75% of readers even though the chapter was literally 9 pages of fodder, two page of stupid ass pull medicine for Zoro, and then five pages of dialogue, after 25 years of writing, about Luffy's devil fruit. Most of the readers here are males in their 20s and this is considered 4/5 or 5/5? I seriously try my best to see how this is enjoyable but I can't see how yall like this crap. No tension, plot conveniences after plot conveniences--first it was queen helping the alliance then Big Mom helped the alliance, then some magic medicine to heal Zoro and now the walking plot device Tama is helping the alliance and much more, like how many conveniences will it take for yall to see how badly written this arc is?
It just shows how much people like to eat any shit Oda dumps on them.

Same idiots giving 5/5 to each chapter even tho none of the chapter on Onigashima is purely 5/5 or 10/10 whichever ratio you use.

I appreciate Oda's dilligence and hardworking etiquette at least, man's mind and body are exhausted, no wonder his short-term depictions are reaching the lower end. Anyone can think of fresh ideas and concept at the starting point of a marathon but no one even came close to this one mangaka in the terms of long-term commitment of laying out his long-term ideas in a weekly chapter, even when others had been burned out long ago. So i respect that.

So what if I had low expectations?
:saden:

I'm enjoying things that I like. So what if I like some "fodders"?

You want me to dislike them?
If you enjoy reading fodders than you are admitting you literally have no standards. You are no different than a child being entertained by some cheap magic trick.
Post automatically merged:

I appreciate Oda's dilligence and hardworking etiquette at least, man's mind and body are exhausted, no wonder his short-term depictions are reaching the lower end. Anyone can think of fresh ideas and concept at the starting point of a marathon but no one even came close to this one mangaka in the terms of long-term commitment of laying out his long-term ideas in a weekly chapter, even when others had been burned out long ago. So i respect that.
well I agree and disagree with that. I agree that I respect that his passion of the series hasn’t burned out but I disagree on the hard working. I go to school and work, I spent 60+ hours a week and I don’t get paid millions of dollars, don’t get a week off every third week I work, I don’t have a secretary doing all my laundry and getting me food and at the same time I don’t have millions of people stroking me off saying how much of a god I am. There are literally billions of people who work harder than Oda and get pennies in return. All Oda does is sit on a chair and draws.

Nothing compares to Toriyama fanboys who damage control Dragon Ball Minus just for being canonical.
you mean dragon ball super or dragon ball? dragon ball came out in the 80s so the writing standards are much different than what it is in the 2000s or now.

Last edited:
You're so cool
:finally:
Im always admitting things what's really me

I mean like really. I start following one piece since i was 20 and i will always read and enjoy it like i was 20
I never said I was cool, I said I have standards. I am not like a child who gets entertained by some cheap magic trick which you admitted to being.

I gave the new chapter a 2 out of 5 for the first time since... I dunno, I'm relatively new here, but the last chapter I would've given that rating was probably at the end of WCI when the ship switching shenanigans happened.

The difference between this chapter and a lot of things that happened beforehand was the suddenness of things. I can excuse stuff like Tama's role because we already knew it would happen 100 chapters ago when she did the same thing with Speed. Plus, they might be more or less fodder, but it still turns the tide of the war, so giving this moment a few pages was quite necessary to showcase its importance.
The connection between Tama and Big Mom was also built up long before the war, and I didn't see "Mother Mode" making much of a difference in the outcome of her destroying Page One and Ulti, so I was also okay with that.

But this new medicine is REALLY badly incorporated into the story. I probably wouldn't mind it as much if it had been introduced back in Zou, but doing it like this is just cheap.
BUT... I'm also someone who has a lot of positivity and hope when it comes to One Piece. There is one thing that would probably make me accept any plot convenience that Oda throws at us: If the alliance fails anyway or at least suffers some major losses. So many things going well for the alliance doesn't matter to me if the end result is devastating for them nonetheless. The chances for that to happen might be slim, they might be in the single digit percentage, but they are there. Everything went well with Ace's rescue as well. Until it didn't.

It had nothing to do with low expectations but just with expectations.
People who are still expecting One Piece characters to die after 1017 of characters surviving fatal wounds and deadly attacks are fucking dumb at this point.

Just stop it already with the fucking "tension", there is no tension in that fucking manga, it is for kids and teenagers. Oda doesn't like killing, he likes goofy and stupid scenes, always had, always will.
The manga didn't change. They only thing that did is Oda shifted the focus also on side characters. That was a mistake, should have stayed focused on the straw hats.

That's why people rate Tama or Scabbards chapters bad but rate the chapter better when there is straw hats actions and interactions.

There are flaws in this arc, it's definitely dragged, but everytime I see a motherfucker wanting the raid to fail to feel tension, it makes me laugh, crying about asspulls and PIS when that's all we had since One Piece started.

If you enjoy reading fodders than you are admitting you literally have no standards. You are no different than a child being entertained by some cheap magic trick.

well I agree and disagree with that. I agree that I respect that his passion of the series hasn’t burned out but I disagree on the hard working. I go to school and work, I spent 60+ hours a week and I don’t get paid millions of dollars, don’t get a week off every third week I work, I don’t have a secretary doing all my laundry and getting me food and at the same time I don’t have millions of people stroking me off saying how much of a god I am. There are literally billions of people who work harder than Oda and get pennies in return. All Oda does is sit on a chair and draws.

you mean dragon ball super or dragon ball? dragon ball came out in the 80s so the writing standards are much different than what it is in the 2000s or now.
No imo its different, yeah there are sand mine slaves or suffering laborers out there i get what you mean, but billions? Imo being a mangaka is no easy job either since there are none in that field who is releasing 1 chapter each week for 1017 chapters, with long-term grand story.

My expectations stand ok for now. I don't expect the manga to likely return to its Golden Era when it comes to adventure interactions fun, but I also expect it to turn as epic as ever when it comes to battles and wars.

We finally get payoff for all the tama stuff and we are shown how it's actually quite relevant to 3 of the fights I'm most excited about(and at least 2 of which should be fairly high diff so it makes a lot of sense)

And the hybrid reveals are both really cool looking

I think it's the people who are only entertained by Biggest Strongest Guys and discount every other conflict in the raid are the ones who don't understand what One Piece is about.

I actually agree with a lot of things you say. But you have to know, everyone are free of their own decision, you cant force ANYONE to dislike what you dislike, and you also cant force ANYONE to like what you like. Critcize the writer, not the reader.
Yea I understand that but that wasn't my intentions. My intentions were to understand why they like it and so far from what they are saying they are admitting they are very easily entertained, no different than a child being entertained by some cheap magic trick.

It had nothing to do with low expectations but just with expectations.
People who are still expecting One Piece characters to die after 1017 of characters surviving fatal wounds and deadly attacks are fucking dumb at this point.

Just stop it already with the fucking "tension", there is no tension in that fucking manga, it is for kids and teenagers. Oda doesn't like killing, he likes goofy and stupid scenes, always had, always will.
The manga didn't change. They only thing that did is Oda shifted the focus also on side characters. That was a mistake, should have stayed focused on the straw hats.

That's why people rate Tama or Scabbards chapters bad but rate the chapter better when there is straw hats actions and interactions.

There are flaws in this arc, it's definitely dragged, but everytime I see a motherfucker wanting the raid to fail to feel tension, it makes me laugh, crying about asspulls and PIS when that's all we had since One Piece started.
Never did I say I wanted the raid to fail. Never did I say I want characters to die. You're just putting words in my mouth. Also, "there is no tension in this manga" is not true at all. There WAS tension in the manga before Oda was given full control of his manga. Also, you and Jew Boy need to chill out with the "motherfuc****" talk. Chill out, it's not that serious. Also, Oda started shifting focus away from the Straw Hats pretime skip during the War saga arcs. And that was the most popular One Piece has ever been. So yes Oda when he was working in tantum with his editors pretime skip knew how to write the Straw hats without the strawhats.

No imo its different, yeah there are sand mine slaves or suffering laborers out there i get what you mean, but billions? Imo being a mangaka is no easy job either since there are none in that field who is releasing 1 chapter each week for 1017 chapters, with long-term grand story.

Yes literally billions, almost half of workers work for poverty wages. There are 7.5 billion people in the world. Also, Oda makes MILLIONS and he has a secretary. Yall need to stop stroking him off.

We finally get payoff for all the tama stuff and we are shown how it's actually quite relevant to 3 of the fights I'm most excited about(and at least 2 of which should be fairly high diff so it makes a lot of sense)

And the hybrid reveals are both really cool looking

I think it's the people who are only entertained by Biggest Strongest Guys and discount every other conflict in the raid are the ones who don't understand what One Piece is about.
Yes because focusing on Fodders is what makes a chapter 5/5. Gotcha. So you are admitting that fodders is entertaining to you?

Last edited:
Yes he was my role model. I cant let him down.

I want to know why people like this? Tell me what do you enjoy about Tama chapters and fodder chapters? I genuinely want to know why y’all like this?

my man Jew boy not cursing at me for once. Thanks for not cursing at me this time. But I thought it should be part of chapter discussion but it’s more of a general question on readers expectation which doesn’t have to pertain to this chapter. I just used this chapter as an example.

but why? Like are they brainwashed by all the one piece marketing? I want to know why so much of the fanbase like this nonstop fodder chapters.
It just shows how much people like to eat any shit Oda dumps on them.

Same idiots giving 5/5 to each chapter even tho none of the chapter on Onigashima is purely 5/5 or 10/10 whichever ratio you use.
you are calling people "idiots" just because they like a chapter you don't? Jesus Christ, how old are you? Below 5? This is totally subjective, it is ok you dislike something, but to insult people based on personal preferences is very childish Seth.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
you are calling people "idiots" just because they like a chapter you don't? Jesus Christ, how old are you? Below 5? This is totally subjective, it is ok you dislike something, but to insult people based on personal preferences is very childish Seth.
Yeah, I do.

Because some people are blinded by their love for this show from the past.

There is no chapter on Wano that is purely 10/10 or 5/5. Best chapters happened outside of Wano and a lot of the community shares this opinion.

Please, don't be naive. Maybe I shouldn't call people idiots just because they like something but answer me seriously.

Drop you likes or dislikes for a second and tell me what do you think about people who rate Tama chapters 10/10 or 5/5 depending on the scale?

Because I definitely think they are not believing in this bullshit too.

5/5 or 10/10 is something you should call the best-written chapters.

Unless people just think about their enjoyment then I apologize.

But if someone fucking tells me that Onigashima chapters have fucking 10/10 writing then I don't give a flying fuck they are strictly imbeciles and they insult good writing.

Also. Quick question. You refer to me as Seth out of the blue or you know me?

( Just asking since normally people refer to me like that if they know me a little more ).