Theory The reason behind Teach's and Kuzan's alliance - Kuzan's debt to Garp.

Am I on to something?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Made a Few Good Points

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No you're on crack.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Franky >>>> Zoro and Sanji.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
Kuzan, better known as Aokiji was born in an unknown sea 49 years ago. At the age of 19, he enlisted into the marines and quickly rose through the ranks becoming a Vice Admiral, and became an Admiral at some point during the Great Age of Piracy. 2 years ago he left the marines and at some point in the time skip, he allied with Marshall D. Teach.

We know very little of Rocks D. Xebec's early life. We know that he was formed the Rocks Pirates 40 years ago and 38 years ago he was slain in the God Valley incident at the hand of the Roger Pirates and Garp The Fist. We can presume that Xebec was a pirate before the formation of the Rocks Pirates.

My theory is that Kuzan was the son of Xebec, and sailed with the Rocks Pirates before their fall at God Valley. Kuzan's childhood seems to be rough in an image drawn in a SBS by Oda. Teach was likely inspired by Xebec's goals and character, and we know that Teach is similar to a historical pirate, meaning that Xebec likely was too and it would be very typical of a pirate to abandon his child for long stretches of time, only taking him back in if he survives or him he remembers. There is more evidence for this theory.

1. Parallels: Luffy, Ace, Teach and Kuzan.
Luffy is a huge fan of Gol D. Roger, while his brother Ace despises him, even though Ace is the child of Roger. Blackbeard is a dark mirror of Luffy and also seems to be a stan of Xebec, naming his flagship after him and taking Pirate Island has his base of operations. I've read theories that say that Blackbeard is the son of Xebec and those theories are great, but I like to think of him as a orphan that was inspired by Xebec challenging the World Government. Teach and Xebec both have an interest in ancient history. I think that after Kuzan's defeat at the hands of Sakazuki, he would be approached by Teach who know about Kuzan's lineage, he would offer to form an alliance and Kuzan would accept with Kuzan planning on relaying information to Sengoku or someone. I'm thinking that Teach figured out Kuzan's relationship when he was a Warlord, maybe through a slip of tongue from Garp himself. Now, onto to the Luffy Ace parallels. Luffy and Ace were obviously very close to each other, Luffy knew that Ace didn't like being reminded of his parentage so Luffy didn't bring it up. In fact I don't Luffy even learned about it during the Ace-Luffy-Sabo flashback. Even though Luffy is a big fan of Roger. Teach would only risk associating with Kuzan because of who his father is. Ace and Kuzan are also complete elemental opposites. TLDR: Ace and Kuzan both hate their fathers. Luffy and Teach admire these said fathers. Luffy formed a bond with Ace without Roger being part of it while Teach and Kuzan's "alliance" is dependant on Kuzan being the son of Rocks.

2. Kuzan's Debt to Garp.

All the way back in the Foxy Arc, Kuzan mentioned that he owed a debt to Garp. It may be unimportant but I don't think it was just a throw away line. We know from material like Strong World that the two of them were close colleagues during Roger's era. Garp raised Ace even though he was the child of his sworn enemy and rival.

I don't think it's too big of a stretch to think Garp would spare the kid of Xebec, especially since Kuzan would only be 11 at the time of the God Valley Incident.

3. Robin.
Kuzan played a major role in Robin's backstory, being the one who gave her the opportunity to escape from Ohara. When they meet again, he says to her that he is disappointed that she went down the life of crime. The world would expect the child of Xebec to attempt to replicate what their father did, but Kuzan didn't. Instead he became one of the three most powerful marines, the "Heroes" of the One Piece World. It would make a perfect parallel, two children born of Criminals, one joins the side of Justice but is disappointed when he realizes that people like Sakazuki and Lucci are on the side of Justice while the other spends her life running tell she meets true companions. When the Blackbeard arc happens, Kuzan and Robin will both likely be essential characters.

4. Crocodile.
This one is a huge stretch but here me out. Crocodile's goal was to take over Alabasta and find the Ancient Weapon Pluto, and then build a military force capable of taking over the world. Sengoku said that Rocks wanted to take over the world, and he was interested in stuff related to the Void Century. After Kuzan defeated Luffy on Long Ring Island, he mentioned that he owes Luffy for taking out Crocodile. Perhaps Kuzan learned about Crocodile's goals from Smoker and was happy to learn that someone with similar goals to his father was stopped?

This has been a crack theory brewing in my mind for the last couple of months. The chances of this being true is basically none but it was very fun writing this. :funky::funky:

I'll tag anyone who has expressed interest in this theory. Let me know if there's anyone else I should tag.

@Blother @Jew D. Boy @RheanaeL

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
Kuzan will kill garp crying to prove fake loyalty to bb. When bb and the Marines clash over whatever bb went to get before the marines. Garp understands and dies smiling.
Better than the Big Mom killing Garp theories.

I've heard of theories where Shanks, Teach and even Buggy being the son of Xebec. Though I am with you in that Teach is likely a huge fanboy of Xebec. But Kuzan being a secret D and the son of Rocks is very interesting. It would explain Kuzan's wavering motivations in regards to Justice and his life in the marines. It makes me wonder if Drake was intended to be a foreshadowing of Kuzan's role in Blackbeard's crew and help explain Kuzan's actions. This also plays with Oda's theme with sons refusing to follow their father's path. Plus Teach and Kuzan would be a like a corrupted version of Garp and Roger but based on deceit and betrayal unlike the mutual rivalry and friendship from the former so it would be a nice parallel.

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
I've heard of theories where Shanks, Teach and even Buggy being the son of Xebec. Though I am with you in that Teach is likely a huge fanboy of Xebec. But Kuzan being a secret D and the son of Rocks is very interesting. It would explain Kuzan's wavering motivations in regards to Justice and his life in the marines. It makes me wonder if Drake was intended to be a foreshadowing of Kuzan's role in Blackbeard's crew and help explain Kuzan's actions. This also plays with Oda's theme with sons refusing to follow their father's path. Plus Teach and Kuzan would be a like a corrupted version of Garp and Roger but based on deceit and betrayal unlike the mutual rivalry and friendship from the former so it would be a nice parallel.
Good point about the Teach and Kuzan parallel.

This has been a crack theory brewing in my mind for the last couple of months. The chances of this being true is basically none but it was very fun writing this. :funky::funky:
Basically :suresure:
This is bizarre Fan Fiction that I want to be Canon. Oh man. If this is true, things just got a whole lot interesting.

Im still on the Shanks was Rocks son train. Kuzan hasn’t done any world shaking yet. But the fact that he Killed a D Clan member and how Blackbeard spared a D Clan member and Rocks was killed? By 2 D Clan members has to mean something.

Anyways, I enjoyed this a lot. Thanks for the tag @TheKnightOfTheSea keep posting more of these, you got a bright mind.

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
Kuzan, better known as Aokiji was born in an unknown sea 49 years ago. At the age of 19, he enlisted into the marines and quickly rose through the ranks becoming a Vice Admiral, and became an Admiral at some point during the Great Age of Piracy. 2 years ago he left the marines and at some point in the time skip, he allied with Marshall D. Teach.

We know very little of Rocks D. Xebec's early life. We know that he was formed the Rocks Pirates 40 years ago and 38 years ago he was slain in the God Valley incident at the hand of the Roger Pirates and Garp The Fist. We can presume that Xebec was a pirate before the formation of the Rocks Pirates.

My theory is that Kuzan was the son of Xebec, and sailed with the Rocks Pirates before their fall at God Valley. Kuzan's childhood seems to be rough in an image drawn in a SBS by Oda. Teach was likely inspired by Xebec's goals and character, and we know that Teach is similar to a historical pirate, meaning that Xebec likely was too and it would be very typical of a pirate to abandon his child for long stretches of time, only taking him back in if he survives or him he remembers. There is more evidence for this theory.

1. Parallels: Luffy, Ace, Teach and Kuzan.
Luffy is a huge fan of Gol D. Roger, while his brother Ace despises him, even though Ace is the child of Roger. Blackbeard is a dark mirror of Luffy and also seems to be a stan of Xebec, naming his flagship after him and taking Pirate Island has his base of operations. I've read theories that say that Blackbeard is the son of Xebec and those theories are great, but I like to think of him as a orphan that was inspired by Xebec challenging the World Government. Teach and Xebec both have an interest in ancient history. I think that after Kuzan's defeat at the hands of Sakazuki, he would be approached by Teach who know about Kuzan's lineage, he would offer to form an alliance and Kuzan would accept with Kuzan planning on relaying information to Sengoku or someone. I'm thinking that Teach figured out Kuzan's relationship when he was a Warlord, maybe through a slip of tongue from Garp himself. Now, onto to the Luffy Ace parallels. Luffy and Ace were obviously very close to each other, Luffy knew that Ace didn't like being reminded of his parentage so Luffy didn't bring it up. In fact I don't Luffy even learned about it during the Ace-Luffy-Sabo flashback. Even though Luffy is a big fan of Roger. Teach would only risk associating with Kuzan because of who his father is. Ace and Kuzan are also complete elemental opposites. TLDR: Ace and Kuzan both hate their fathers. Luffy and Teach admire these said fathers. Luffy formed a bond with Ace without Roger being part of it while Teach and Kuzan's "alliance" is dependant on Kuzan being the son of Rocks.

2. Kuzan's Debt to Garp.

All the way back in the Foxy Arc, Kuzan mentioned that he owed a debt to Garp. It may be unimportant but I don't think it was just a throw away line. We know from material like Strong World that the two of them were close colleagues during Roger's era. Garp raised Ace even though he was the child of his sworn enemy and rival.

I don't think it's too big of a stretch to think Garp would spare the kid of Xebec, especially since Kuzan would only be 11 at the time of the God Valley Incident.

3. Robin.
Kuzan played a major role in Robin's backstory, being the one who gave her the opportunity to escape from Ohara. When they meet again, he says to her that he is disappointed that she went down the life of crime. The world would expect the child of Xebec to attempt to replicate what their father did, but Kuzan didn't. Instead he became one of the three most powerful marines, the "Heroes" of the One Piece World. It would make a perfect parallel, two children born of Criminals, one joins the side of Justice but is disappointed when he realizes that people like Sakazuki and Lucci are on the side of Justice while the other spends her life running tell she meets true companions. When the Blackbeard arc happens, Kuzan and Robin will both likely be essential characters.

4. Crocodile.
This one is a huge stretch but here me out. Crocodile's goal was to take over Alabasta and find the Ancient Weapon Pluto, and then build a military force capable of taking over the world. Sengoku said that Rocks wanted to take over the world, and he was interested in stuff related to the Void Century. After Kuzan defeated Luffy on Long Ring Island, he mentioned that he owes Luffy for taking out Crocodile. Perhaps Kuzan learned about Crocodile's goals from Smoker and was happy to learn that someone with similar goals to his father was stopped?

I'll tag anyone who has expressed interest in this theory. Let me know if there's anyone else I should tag.

@Blother @Jew D. Boy @RheanaeL
Bump

I'm 100% sure there's some sort of personal reason behind Kuzan and Teach's alliance. The two of them definitely have a connection, and I still believe that they parallel Luffy and Ace.(does that mean there's a Sabo?)

Teach would only risk associating with Kuzan because of who his father is.
Teach doesn't care the rest as long as they are strong, remember he even thought Ace could join him, the same Ace that went to hunt Blackbeard.

He also said Aokiji would be like Shiryu, so he doesn't care about their past, he could be betrayed in the future for sure, but as I said, he doesn't care, he trusts his own powers when it comes to that.

Eiichiro Oda once worked as an assistant in Rurouni Kenshin series. So he definitely takes inspirations from that series a lot. I believe Blackbeard is like Shishio Makoto (who worked for the government and then tried to overthrow the government, similar to Blackbeard) while Aokiji is like Aoshi from Rurouni Kenshin series. Aoshi was a high ranked officer, leader of Oniwabanshu, (similar to CP0 of World Government) which makes it a similar fall with Aokiji, who was a former Admiral, who worked for the government. Aoshi joins Shishio after realizing that Shishio can give him another chance to fight with Kenshin. He doesn't join Shishio voluntarily, but he still joins. I believe Aokiji was the same when he joined Blackbeard. Aokiji probably wants to fight with Akainu again, and siding with Blackbeard can give Aokiji another opportunity to fight with Akainu.

A former rogue marine Aokiji, has no chance to fight with the Fleet Admiral now, but if he joins a Yonko? Then perhaps when Blackbeard makes his move to marijoa to conquer the world government, that can provide a chance to finish Akainu.

I think just like Aoshi challenged Shishio and failed later (although Aoshi was trying to buy time for Kenshin to get up), Aokiji will try to challenge Blackbeard and fail later (perhaps Aokiji will do the same for Luffy), that would be also similar.

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
Teach doesn't care the rest as long as they are strong, remember he even thought Ace could join him, the same Ace that went to hunt Blackbeard.
He also said Aokiji would be like Shiryu, so he doesn't care about their past, he could be betrayed in the future for sure, but as I said, he doesn't care, he trusts his own powers when it comes to that.
Fair points.

Eiichiro Oda once worked as assistant in Rurouni Kenshin series. So he definitely takes inspirations from that series a lot. I believe Blackbeard is like Shishio Makoto (who worked for the government and then tried to overthrow the government, similar to Blackbeard) while Aokiji is like Aoshi from Rurouni Kenshin series. Aoshi was a high ranked officer, leader of Oniwabanshu, (similar to CP0 of World Government) which makes it a similar fall with Aokiji, who was a former Admiral, who worked for the government. Aoshi joins Shishio after realizing that Shishio can give him another chance to fight with Kenshin. He doesn't join Shishio voluntarily, but he still joins. I believe Aokiji was the same when he joined Blackbeard. Aokiji probably wants to fight with Akainu again, and siding with Blackbeard can give Aokiji another opportunity to fight with Akainu.

A former rogue marine Aokiji, has no chance to fight with the Fleet Admiral now, but if he joins a Yonko? Then perhaps when Blackbeard makes his move to marijoa to conquer to world government, that can provide a chance to finish Akainu.

I think just like Aoshi challenged Shishio and failed later (although Aoshi was trying to buy time for Kenshin to get up), Aokiji will try to challenge Blackbeard and fail later (perhaps Aokiji will do the same for Luffy), that would be also similar.
I like that idea. I really hope Kuzan isn't a spy for Sengoku or something, I would prefer if he was a man with his own agenda using Teach to reach his goals whatever they might be(and Teach is aware of that of course).

I don't think Teach will get a chance to challenge the World Government though(I want him to sit in the throne). He'll probably get defeated by Luffy before sadly.

Just wanna correct 2 things.

1. Rocks was not formed exactly 40 yesrs ago but over 40 years ago.

2. The conversation with smoker and the words Kuzan spoke go against him being SWORD but tell us that he is completely independent now.