Paris vs Dortmund, Who wins today?

• Total voters
It's because that's how he wants to draw his manga, and tell his story. That's how artists operate, and they can't help it. If he envisions something and he wants it in there, he's going to draw it. Just like it's your right to flood the forum with 1000's of powerlevel threads, because you have these thoughts in your head, that you want to express. So how about you tone the entitlement down a notch?
Entitlement? I don’t give a shit if the manga continues or not.

But I will not act sorry for a billionaire that put himself in a situation on his own volition.

What an embarrassment to ask us to “understand Oda.”

It's because that's how he wants to draw his manga, and tell his story. That's how artists operate, and they can't help it. If he envisions something and he wants it in there, he's going to draw it. Just like it's your right to flood the forum with 1000's of powerlevel threads, because you have these thoughts in your head, that you want to express. So how about you tone the entitlement down a notch?
Yep like we all have the right to be concerned about structure (and silver lining is we are HERE, and the series didnt end years ago), but as long as he enjoyed doing what he does, unlike some other Mangaka, then how he addresses the remaining plot really has no bearing on anything imo.

He's not even 50 yet, I wouldn't be that concerned lol. He's not prone to health issues like Tite Kubo, Kentaro Miura or Togashi, just the occasional sickness like every other normal human being.

Now thats not to say that cant change, but those 3 publically have always had issues unlike him. Toriyama lived till almost 70, and there are many mangaka that age still drawing. Conan's author is 60. Golgo 13s author was in his 80s before dying and he managed like 50 years of publication.

It "is" a concern somewhat, but we absolutely exaggerate the concern for Oda's health here.
true cant help but be worried though considering he doesn't seem to exercise if he did it wouldn't be a thought in my mind

But I will not act sorry for a billionaire that put himself in a situation on his own volition.

Saying let the man go do his thing, is not acting sorry for him...... :choppawhat:

It's just hilarious how butthurt people get when he takes a break. Who gives a shit. Togashi takes years long breaks. Other artist only produce a chapter Bi-Weekly, Monthly, and Bi-Monthly...

But god forbid Oda takes a break.... NO! It's his fault because of pacing, and therefore he should never stop until the story is done... :seriously:

He can stop the manga right now
What do you want to do??
No one can accuse a writer. Hasn't anyone left their writing half-finished before?

Saying let the man go do his thing, is not acting sorry for him...... :choppawhat:

It's just hilarious how butthurt people get when he takes a break. Who gives a shit. Togashi takes years long breaks. Other artist only produce a chapter Bi-Weekly, Monthly, and Bi-Monthly...

But god forbid Oda takes a break.... NO! It's his fault because of pacing, and therefore he should never stop until the story is done... :seriously:
He has every right to take a break.

But for some reason I can criticize the fact that the manga has been dragging?

ok buddy

People think that a 50-year-old man who spends hours drawing and painting is a robot
Repeating these days for 20 years is the height of madness and depression

It’s his fault for structuring his manga in such a way as to have god awful pacing.

I don’t feel remorse or pity for the half billionaire at all what the fuck is wrong with you
Yes. A lot of people work like hell all their lives and earn negligibly little. Why is Oda so special? He is rich. And yes, he could not waste time on useless characters and free up time for himself, health and family. It's by no means my business, but it's the solution to the problem, isn't it?

He has every right to take a break.

But for some reason I can criticize the fact that the manga has been dragging?

ok buddy
You both are right, but like everything its a middle ground on criticism. We ALL feel the effects of near 30 year story not prioritizing clear direction when it should, but at the same time, 30 years of publication warrants the man a break when he wants to pursue other ventures or just to simply take a break

I think everyone gets way too heated about this, like the story's pacing frankly hasnt changed much in 30 years, he's done the side character trip for almost all of it, Alabasta, Skypiea and Water 7 all have their fair share of issues as well with it.

Its why I tell people to buckle up for 10 more years. It will end likely by that point, but his priorities definitely wont change on how he addresses arc structure.