Chapter Discussion This chapter proved Shanks is not a "true" swordsman

Shanks is a swordsman. If he and Mihawk fought many battles that were considered legendary than thats what he is. It just so happens hes a yonko as well.

Surpassing Shanks and Mihawk is the goal for Zoro here which he will achieve.
Post automatically merged:

How do you know that Shanks has the strongest haki?
Cause theres no way he's a yonko and so well respected and feared without a devil fruit otherwise. He's the only one still without one since Roger. Roger dominated the seas just on his haki alone. If you want to say Mihawk is on the same level haki wise then sure. Nobody better than those two in the verse right now.

Last edited:

at this point I can only think this is the pinnacle of swordsmanship heck even shanks was protecting everyone here… I’ve kinda jumped around on this topic some but with this thread I’m currently feeling like this, kyoshiro/shanks are the swordsmen when using the technique to not cut the paper what does the paper do ??? It flows with the blade same thing that happens when zoro tries to cut the branch

I don’t feel like grabbing all the panels but shanks will is to not cleave Kidd in two therefore what he launches has enough power to smash through the rail gun in a cut like pattern. Remember the rail gun is the paper but it will not flow with the blade like the paper or branch so no other option but for the haki slash to go through it until it connects with Kidd… pinnacle of swordsmanship :steef::steef::steef::steef: