Chapter Discussion This chapter proved Shanks is not a "true" swordsman

Zoro v Monet.
A perfect vertical slash, cleanly cuts her in two.
Perfect Slash.

Zoro v Pica
Perfectly and cleanly cuts through a mountain horizontally.
Perfect Slash.

Mihawk in Marineford.
Cleanly slices a giant iceberg in two, not one single crack in an entire mountain.
Perfect Slash.

Shanks v Kid
Chunks and pieces of broken metal flying all over.
Visible cracks and destruction on the metal structure.
Metal is bent and crumbled.
Not a perfect slash, more closely related to smashing something with a sword.
He is a true swordsman, but not a first-class swordsman like Zoro or Mihawk, as he cant even cut things right but he just destroys everything depending on his CoC blasts lol

Well at least one thing is true right now, it is Shanks has been carrying Mihawk for a freaking long time.. lf Shanks was not around
Mihawk would be a complete fraud..

When Shanks dueled with Mihawk in swordsmanship he was holding back
When he clashed with Whitebeard with his sword he was holding back
When he blocked Akainu's magma punch with his sword he was holding back
When he challenged the WG to a fight and drew his sword he was holding back
When he one shot Kid with a sword technique he was holding back

His Hakimanship knows no limits :risiup:

He's 100% a swordsman and Mihawk is the WSS. The only way this ever "changes" from a pure power perspective is if Oda either randomly decides to have Shanks fight without a sword, or that we've somehow been lied to the entire story, thereby ruining Zoro's dream and Mihawks purpose.

My "guess" is that Shanks either ultimately loses to Luffy at or near Laugh Tale (yes, Luffy imo, not Blackbeard) before Zoro even fights Mihawk (at the EoS), thereby supporting the standard idea of the WSS, or that both Shanks and Mihawk are fought at the absolute end of the series are considered "rough" equals by some contradictory Oda logic (similar to how Shanks just obliterated Kid while the WSC and his apparent equal couldnt even do in a quicker timeframe). I do keep bringing up 199 cm vs 198 cm half assedly, but I merely am poking fun at the fact that it is not beneath Oda to somehow make Shanks "edge out" Mihawk on some technicality. Do I believe it? Not currently, no, but I just can see him doing it because thats what he does.

I personally dislike using Shanks (or any swordsman) feats to prove Mihawk is stronger though, but thats really just Oda's fault with how he portrays Shanks vs any other character in the story, and not the fault of the Mihawk/Zoro fanbase.

I really still think Mihawk cutting the tidal wave casually is still one of the most impressive things Oda has shown in this manga. Sure, Law has cut PH with his powers, but Mihawk cut a wave the size of Marineford purely through finesse alone, and without effort. I feel like this is still the only argument Mihawk fans need, that and the fact that he seems to be the only living black blade user (assuming Ryo is not one).
Now that Shanks has used one of Roger's exact techniques, it feels very intuitive that Shanks/Mihawk are the Roger/Whitebeard of their generation.

While both were equals, Whitebeard was hailed strictly for his individual prowess, being called the WSM, while Roger was a "greater" pirate for his achievements and ambition. Whitebeard was also content sitting on the sidelines as long as he and his crew were safe, similar to how Mihawk just wants to live a peaceful life out of the spotlight.