Character Discussion Thoughts on Basil Hawkins

Bogard

You can't win
The way Oda went with the character, he has very good potential from his monster form, cards expanding powers, calculative, and his predictions

Furthermore than this, he is one of the few characters that may gain some character growth this arc from his perspective of always following his cards to avoid risky situations to maybe ending in a situation where for the first time he'd decide to take risks to grow

Also has a month prediction that will still play a role at one point during this arc imo, with him having unrevealed secrets yet like his curse or ultimate cards, with his arc potential only falling short to Luffy, Kid, Law and Zoro imo

Which is why i'm very interested in the way his development will continue this arc

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
The way Oda went with the character, he has very good potential from his monster form, cards expanding powers, calculative, and his predictions

Furthermore than this, he is one of the few characters that may gain some character growth this arc from his perspective of always following his cards to avoid risky situations to maybe ending in a situation where for the first time he'd decide to take risks to grow

Also has a month prediction that will still play a role at one point during this arc imo, with him having unrevealed secrets yet like his curse or ultimate cards, with his arc potential only falling short to Luffy, Kid, Law and Zoro imo

Which is why i'm very interested in the way his development will continue this arc
Hes gonna die.

I actually like him more than Law or Kidd. He's always so quotable and methodical, like a JoJo character. He ends up being a bit of a coward due to the whole going with the cards thing, so he's not really ally material though.

BUT... I think Law is going to sabotage Luffy at some point, so at least Hawkins is upfront about that.