Thoughts on philippinies guy naming their child Naruto?

I think it depends on the name
if the name fits your culture or where you live then that’s fine. Like I’ve met Japanese people named Sakura

but for Naruto uhhhh it’s not really a Japanese name, it’s the name of a food and an anime character. I think the kid will get bullied for it
Actually, I remember seeing this info somewhere that all the names used in manga(or literature in general maybe) mostly won't be matching with an actual person because the characters used by authors are something people don't use in real life.
This video I guess(everyone should watch this..especially those who are not that used to Japanese yet I guess).

There is a slim chance that people will call him hokage in sign of respect, just how some people call each other comrades or chums. But overall its kinda a bad name for a kid, he will waste a lot of time making jokes or he will get bullied just because of his name.... Those people should have other priorities instead of wasting their child time with those super famous anime names...

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Millions of Children get called by the famous name of Eustass ... KID. So nothing wrong about it.

But honestly, why not? People are calling their kids "Paris" or "New York"... at least some kind of person had the name before.

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
Some anime names are alright. Naruto, Goku, etc are not in the okay category. The kid is going to be made fun of and bullied relentlessly

I wouldn't name my kid after a character from the kind of product that you will more than likely grow to, if not dislike, just be way less fond of. Naruto is a teen story about ninjas, if you don't grow beyond that then you have a problem; no proper adult should have this idea and find it okay, or do you see yourself in your sixties still thinking: "Yeah, naming my son after an anime character I haven't thought of for decades was the absolute best choice".

Also, that boy will be bullied for sure and I can't help but laugh at the thought of a LinkedIn profile with "Naruto" on it.

depends on the name itself
Some are cool and could pass as a good normal names though something like naruto isn’t it man

Taking culture into account too, the name should fit with the society