Character Discussion Thoughts on X Drake

X Drake has been really disappointing during the Wano arc.
He did nothing in this arc..
And He's already out of commission...
:ronalugh:
I expected a lot form a Sword Captain since we knew CP-Aigis0 represents the sheild and SWORD represents the sword.. But nothing, Nada, rien du tout..
:jay-yeah:
I feel like Drake should be behind a desk.. Doing his daily routine and dip..
:nicagesmile:

With wano coming to an end, its now safe to say that drake is just the worst character in one piece. Oda simply doesnt even give a fuck about him. And here is why:
1) his entire existence is off screened(like seriously).
2) doesnt have any moveset at all(let alone named attacks).
3) oda isnt even consinstent with his hybrid design. Sometimes he has tail, sometimes he hasnt, sometimes he just looks like man with a dinosaur mask and other times more beastly.
4) oda didnt even care updating his bounty. Even page one is higher than him.
5) he is clearly used as an introduction tool. At first, for the ancient zoans and now for sword.

In reality there is no point for drake to exist. He offers nothing to the plot. Oda should kill him (which is sad bc he is one of my two favorite characters).

The SWORD reveal only made an enigmatic character that much cooler...seeing him on the same level as Koby (in terms of morals) is promising, he’ll be one of the “good” Marines by EoS. The Devil Fruit is badass, obviously, so I’m stoked to see him during the climax of Wano.
Damn I remember you sayed you didn't care about drake what happened after this? Lol
With wano coming to an end, its now safe to say that drake is just the worst character in one piece. Oda simply doesnt even give a fuck about him. And here is why:
1) his entire existence is off screened(like seriously).
2) doesnt have any moveset at all(let alone named attacks).
3) oda isnt even consinstent with his hybrid design. Sometimes he has tail, sometimes he hasnt, sometimes he just looks like man with a dinosaur mask and other times more beastly.
4) oda didnt even care updating his bounty. Even page one is higher than him.
5) he is clearly used as an introduction tool. At first, for the ancient zoans and now for sword.

In reality there is no point for drake to exist. He offers nothing to the plot. Oda should kill him (which is sad bc he is one of my two favorite characters).
He does have a named attack that x calibur he did on the number

Disappointed in him and the treatment he got but I still like the dude. Cool design and he really left an impact on me when I first saw him back during Sabaody. I was looking forward to seeing him post-timeskip and the appearance in Caribou's cover-story was nice.

I expected more from him in Wano as a member of the Flying Six, as a member of Sword and as a character overall. It's kinda late but I really hoped he would get his time to shine. Being taken down off-screen by CP-0 after teaming up with the person he was supposed to take down (after literally discovering more on Apoo's abilities and swearing to take him down for Luffy) wasn't the best look.

I atleast appreciated his backstory back at Dressrosa (as part of Law's) and the info Oda gave us on and his past (how he views his father, Sengoku helping him out).

If he even gets back up after his recent loss, I doubt he'll do much (I'll still hope though).

Last edited:
Disappointed in him and the treatment he got but I still like the dude. Cool design and he really left an impact on me when I first saw him back during Sabaody. I was looking forward to seeing him post-timeskip and the appearance in Caribou's cover-story was nice.

I expected more from him in Wano as a memver of the Flying Six, as a member of Sword and as a character overall. It's kinda late but I really hoped he would get his time to shine. Being taken down off-screen by CP-0 after teaming up with the person he was supposed to take down (after literally discovering more on Apoo's abilities and swearing to take him down for Luffy) wasn't the best look.

I atleast appreciated his backstory back at Dressrosa (as part of Law's) and the info Oda gave us on and his past (how he views his father, Sengoku helping him out).

If he even gets back up after his recent loss, I doubt he'll do much (I'll still hope though).
This is basically how I feel as well.

I don't believe Drake can go any lower than this, so I'm hoping (and expecting really) some sort of comeback from him at this point.

I started liking Drake a few years ago i think , mainly because his fashion is the coolest among the Supernovas .

i've never had any high expectation on him power-level wise , never thought he'd prove to be on the same level as the likes of Jack & Cracker this arc , which some people did .

still this is quite dissapointing , but with this , the notion that he's a future Admiral is dead .

the only real candidates for future Admirals has always been Coby , and Sabo ( Orange Admiral ) .

maybe Smoker still has a chance , but i have to see how strong he is now , if he isn't comparable to Jack/Cracker ( like Drake ) then it's unlikely he'll ever be an Admiral imo.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Drake is a very interesting character, with a lot of potential yet to be realized. He tows that thin line between Pirate and Marine, and is at the center of major politic shifts in the world. His double agent stint means he has to stay on his toes more than most characters, as both pirates and officials will be wary of him.

Losing to CP0 isn't really an issue, it was the manner in which he did. Wano is a large arc, so it's natural Oda would choose certain things to prioritize. The impression I got from his defeat was that Oda needed to clear the board, and that meant sweeping Drake under the rug, as if it was a loose end that needed to be tied up, rather than a major plotline on its own. I hope I am wrong on this, and Oda still has real plans for Drake and SWORD going forward. The fact he was a double agent going back 2 years ago means this Government/Marine feud was happening long before Sakazuki became Fleet Admiral, and it can blow up into something bigger.

Drake is a very interesting character, with a lot of potential yet to be realized. He tows that thin line between Pirate and Marine, and is at the center of major politic shifts in the world. His double agent stint means he has to stay on his toes more than most characters, as both pirates and officials will be wary of him.

Losing to CP0 isn't really an issue, it was the manner in which he did. Wano is a large arc, so it's natural Oda would choose certain things to prioritize. The impression I got from his defeat was that Oda needed to clear the board, and that meant sweeping Drake under the rug, as if it was a loose end that needed to be tied up, rather than a major plotline on its own. I hope I am wrong on this, and Oda still has real plans for Drake and SWORD going forward. The fact he was a double agent going back 2 years ago means this Government/Marine feud was happening long before Sakazuki became Fleet Admiral, and it can blow up into something bigger.
He really is a rather interesting character and like you said, as a double agent, he has to doubly careful since he's playing two roles, not just one. He's got enemies on all sides not just during Wano, but the moment he accepted the mission to go rogue, so this isn't something he doesn't already have experience with--it's just much more intense because of just how concentrated it is here.

He also has a lot of good things going for him as well with one of the biggest things is having a tie to Luffy already (that they still don't know about) ontop of actually becoming Luffy's ally and well, his allies don't die unless they actually have to for Luffy's sake.

You're right though. The way that Drake loss was disappointing to several; as the 1% man, this was always coming of course. However, strangely, Usopp's speech and CP0's own hype of Drake makes me think that this isn't the end for him just yet.

As Izo said, if you believe Luffy can win, you need to live to see it. And Drake wouldn't be the first Marine to see the Strawhats pull off a miracle! So why not Drake too.

Also, CPO's words about that being about "as far as humans can go" is interesting. I wonder if that is hinting at anything...

With the reveal of SWORD, I still think we are going to dive deeper into it--but it's just a matter of WHEN. So, I do hope you're wrong too, haha!! 😄