Anime & Manga Titty Kubo Has Defeated Lee (Remembering the Fallen)

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
I didn't think it was possible but I actually think you hate this series even more than I do. :doffytroll:
I might sound overly critical but I do think I’m trying to give this series a fair shake lol. I think it’s great that Titty got to draw/write what he enjoyed, and I’m trying to digest all this understanding that he and I just have different tastes a lot of the time, which is fine, not everything every mangaka writes is going to appeal to me….but Jesus this arc has been a letdown.

And I actually thought the premise and the buildup was solid but Titty has failed to deliver anything I thought was even remotely memorable. I will remember absolutely nothing about any of the Arrancar I’ve seen in 6 months. I can recount to you with extreme specificity Gakuhaku Kou from Kingdom, the absolute definition of a minor villain who was only around for like 10 chapters before dying, but I cannot tell you the name of one Arrancar with the exception of Grimjow because I’ve seen a lot of people online loving him, and Ulquiorra because Dumberer yelled his name about 36 times during his 3 chapters of relevance.

Ichigo vs Hollow Ichigo is also starting to make me realize how terrible Ichigo’s conflicts. Titty will set up a conflict with Ichigo, and then we will mindlessly solve that conflict with a sword fight. Ichigo conquered his inner hollow self and I still don’t understand how he won because his hollow self kept saying that him winning was impossible (why?), Ichigo just won by grabbing his hollow’s zanpakuto and turning it black. Nothing about Ichigo’s character was revealed, nothing about Hollows were revealed other than “when you die your bones show so this is why Hollows have bones showing”, which is the absolute least relevant detail Titty could’ve possibly revealed about Hollows or Ichigo’s own struggle against his own hollow lol.

Alright I need to rant again: what is the difference between a king and a horse. Like I said, dumbest fucking speech I’ve ever read. When Hollow Ichigo first asked this question I could feel brain cells dying, and then imagine how hard my eyes rolled when Hollow Ichigo reveals that the difference between a king and a horse was: “Killer Instincts”

I understand the point he was trying to make, whoever controlled Ichigo’s body was the one who had the killer instincts, but the metaphor was so pathetic that he lost me immediately. And I don’t understand why exactly hollow Ichigo thought Ichigo himself lacked killer instincts? I have never once seen Ichigo hesitate when it comes to ramming his sword down someone’s throat, sure he’s never killed any non-Hollow but that was more due to his opponents retreating before they died or otherwise their being no need at all to actually kill them, there was nothing about Ichigo’s actions to me that indicated he was scared to kill or he hesitated prior to this Hollow fiasco.

So this whole conflict originated from what to me was essentially a straight up lie lol. And it’s resolution? Again, no explanation, Ichigo just turned hollow Ichigo black and now “I guess you do have Hollow Instincts after all.”

You know that Superman IV the Quest for Peace meme? “Now I must become Superman IV the Quest for Peace”? Yeah that’s all I could think of when I read this shit.

I also just read Yamamoto’s reveal of what Aizen’s goal is, and no lie mid explanation I was thinking of this video:

And that’s pretty much been Bleach world building for me lol. Just a bunch of gibberish dialogue with no consistent internal logic or interconnection, and we never see any of the things being talked about or referenced. We are simply told about them and I’m like “……okay”.

Alright that’s enough ranting for now. I need a drink lmfao.

I might sound overly critical but I do think I’m trying to give this series a fair shake lol. I think it’s great that Titty got to draw/write what he enjoyed, and I’m trying to digest all this understanding that he and I just have different tastes a lot of the time, which is fine, not everything every mangaka writes is going to appeal to me….but Jesus this arc has been a letdown.

And I actually thought the premise and the buildup was solid but Titty has failed to deliver anything I thought was even remotely memorable. I will remember absolutely nothing about any of the Arrancar I’ve seen in 6 months. I can recount to you with extreme specificity Gakuhaku Kou from Kingdom, the absolute definition of a minor villain who was only around for like 10 chapters before dying, but I cannot tell you the name of one Arrancar with the exception of Grimjow because I’ve seen a lot of people online loving him, and Ulquiorra because Dumberer yelled his name about 36 times during his 3 chapters of relevance.

Ichigo vs Hollow Ichigo is also starting to make me realize how terrible Ichigo’s conflicts. Titty will set up a conflict with Ichigo, and then we will mindlessly solve that conflict with a sword fight. Ichigo conquered his inner hollow self and I still don’t understand how he won because his hollow self kept saying that him winning was impossible (why?), Ichigo just won by grabbing his hollow’s zanpakuto and turning it black. Nothing about Ichigo’s character was revealed, nothing about Hollows were revealed other than “when you die your bones show so this is why Hollows have bones showing”, which is the absolute least relevant detail Titty could’ve possibly revealed about Hollows or Ichigo’s own struggle against his own hollow lol.

Alright I need to rant again: what is the difference between a king and a horse. Like I said, dumbest fucking speech I’ve ever read. When Hollow Ichigo first asked this question I could feel brain cells dying, and then imagine how hard my eyes rolled when Hollow Ichigo reveals that the difference between a king and a horse was: “Killer Instincts”

I understand the point he was trying to make, whoever controlled Ichigo’s body was the one who had the killer instincts, but the metaphor was so pathetic that he lost me immediately. And I don’t understand why exactly hollow Ichigo thought Ichigo himself lacked killer instincts? I have never once seen Ichigo hesitate when it comes to ramming his sword down someone’s throat, sure he’s never killed any non-Hollow but that was more due to his opponents retreating before they died or otherwise their being no need at all to actually kill them, there was nothing about Ichigo’s actions to me that indicated he was scared to kill or he hesitated prior to this Hollow fiasco.

So this whole conflict originated from what to me was essentially a straight up lie lol. And it’s resolution? Again, no explanation, Ichigo just turned hollow Ichigo black and now “I guess you do have Hollow Instincts after all.”

You know that Superman IV the Quest for Peace meme? “Now I must become Superman IV the Quest for Peace”? Yeah that’s all I could think of when I read this shit.

I also just read Yamamoto’s reveal of what Aizen’s goal is, and no lie mid explanation I was thinking of this video:

And that’s pretty much been Bleach world building for me lol. Just a bunch of gibberish dialogue with no consistent internal logic or interconnection, and we never see any of the things being talked about or referenced. We are simply told about them and I’m like “……okay”.

Alright that’s enough ranting for now. I need a drink lmfao.
Aye, Ichigo is straight trash. To be honest I don't remember any of his conflicts with his Inner Hollow, just the fact that they happen whenever he needs a power boost either before he gets into a situation or while he is in a situation. Lol.

Oh aye, Aizen's plan. Is that the one where Yamamoto talks about the Ouken Key or whatever it is called? The Ouken Key, Ichigo's hometown being the centre of the universe or whatever and the Soul King (Brook)?

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Yeah but isn’t Ichigo struggling with fighting at his full capability because his hollow side keeps seeping out? That’s how I read Grimjow anyway, Titty had to nerf Ichigod for this arc because he realized he made him way too damn strong lol. I don’t mean to downplay Grimjow I just thought Titty collectively flushed Arrancar hype down the toilet when the non-training wheel Soul Reapers kicked their shit in easily. At first I was thinking Grimjow and the other Espada would be Captain + but after the finale I was like “well I guess they’re just supposed to be captainish level.”
Lmfao atleast you won't be disappointed now. You might even like the fake karakura segment near the end of the saga. Psych! You're prob gonna clown it still lmao.

No but Yammy had the 10 on his shoulder so I know that means he is the weakest Espada. Damn, their hype just took a hard hit for me after his performance against Yoruichi.
Alright, if I recall correctly then Yammy Vs Cat Tits happens when Yammy, Wonderweiss and Mr. Perforator come to inconvenience Karakura Town? I recall Urahara and Mega Mammaries also being there.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Alright, if I recall correctly then Yammy Vs Cat Tits happens when Yammy, Wonderweiss and Mr. Perforator come to inconvenience Karakura Town? I recall Urahara and Mega Mammaries also being there.
Oh no I’m not there quite yet lol. I’m talking about when Ulquiorra and Yammy came to earth, made the gigabrain observation that Ichigod was trash and decided not to kill him, and then retreated.

Yammy got his arm sliced off by Ichigod, which is fine I don’t care, Ichigod is the strongest character in this manga no matter how hard Titty tries to lie to me, but where Yammy really got dehyped is where Yoruichi shows up and completely wrecks him nonchalantly.

To be fair, she doesn’t actually injure him really but she does treat him like a complete scrub. That does not bode well in the event Yammy were to actually face a powerful Captain.

So yeah, Yammy just took Espada hype and flushed it down the toilet. And Ulquiorra…I can’t take that dumbass mug seriously after his analysis of Ichigo. Man is hiding a brain the size of a molecule behind that self-assured stare. Lol

Oh no I’m not there quite yet lol. I’m talking about when Ulquiorra and Yammy came to earth, made the gigabrain observation that Ichigod was trash and decided not to kill him, and then retreated.

Yammy got his arm sliced off by Ichigod, which is fine I don’t care, Ichigod is the strongest character in this manga no matter how hard Titty tries to lie to me, but where Yammy really got dehyped is where Yoruichi shows up and completely wrecks him nonchalantly.

To be fair, she doesn’t actually injure him really but she does treat him like a complete scrub. That does not bode well in the event Yammy were to actually face a powerful Captain.

So yeah, Yammy just took Espada hype and flushed it down the toilet. And Ulquiorra…I can’t take that dumbass mug seriously after his analysis of Ichigo. Man is hiding a brain the size of a molecule behind that self-assured stare. Lol
Alright, I misremembered when Yammy vs Cat Tits takes place (although maybe he faces her twice? Eh, dunno. Lol.).

Anyway, if you love Yammy this much now then wait until you see what Kubo does in the future with him. I assure you, it is one of the most Titty of all Kubo moments in this arc. You will know it when you see it. :ihaha:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Yammy is nobody's favourite Espada. He is the absolute Bum of that group. :milaugh:
Like I mentioned in the above spoiler, don't look Major
The biggest disappointment in Bleach. Like you had these dudes wreaking stuff here and there. Grimmjow humbling Ichigo, Ulqui too. And then Yammy. Mofo Yammy. I don't even know why Kubo felt the need to do it at all. Like no reason lmao. No one gave a fuck about the dude. And suddenly he's the 0 espada. Really brings down the entire group.

ZenZu

Like I mentioned in the above spoiler, don't look Major
The biggest disappointment in Bleach. Like you had these dudes wreaking stuff here and there. Grimmjow humbling Ichigo, Ulqui too. And then Yammy. Mofo Yammy. I don't even know why Kubo felt the need to do it at all. Like no reason lamo.
The thing is nobody in the group respected Yammy, he got told off by multiple people lmfao. It truly is the tittiest of kubo of things to do, to try and flip that last minute, only to end up back in the exact same place after results.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
The thing is nobody in the group respected Yammy, he got told off by multiple people lmfao. It truly is the tittiest of kubo of things to do, to try and flip that last minute, only to end up back in the exact same place after results.
Yeah like I said no one gave a fuck about him. Not in the story, not we as readers. Like I've never met anyone that even likes the dude. And I feel like Kubo just did it for the cool effect. Look at him he's 10 but 0 too lmao. Cool no? But brah. Like I said a billion times already, he is the biggest disappointment in Bleach to me.

ZenZu

Yeah like I said no one gave a fuck about him. Not in the story, not we as readers. Like I've never met anyone that even likes the dude. And I feel like Kubo just did it for the cool effect. Look at him he's 10 but 0 too lmao. Cool no? But brah. Like I said a billion times already, he is the biggest disappointment in Bleach to me.
Honestly he's not even close to the biggest disappointment for me because he was literally introduced as a jobber and then only continued to be a jobber. Him growing big did nothing for me, I only expected him to continue jobbing lol.

I lowkey enjoy Yammy for being such a punching bag. He plays his part well atleast.

It's Halibel (and the other 2) who is supposed to be > the monster Ulquiorra, who couldn't release in Heuco Muendo, who disappointed the shit out of me. I still can't get over it.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Honestly he's not even close to the biggest disappointment for me because he was literally introduced as a jobber and then only continued to be a jobber. Him growing big did nothing for me, I only expected him to continue jobbing lol.

I lowkey enjoy Yammy for being such a punching bag. He plays his part well atleast.

It's Halibel (and the other 2) who is supposed to be > the monster Ulquiorra, who couldn't release in Heuco Muendo, who disappointed the shit out of me. I still can't get over it.
I disagree honestly, because I was expecting something quite hype when he was revealed as Zero, perhaps due to the same reasons as the other 3 disappointed you. I figured he's a jobber at first but I thought he might now go off. And then he did shit lmao.

When it comes to the 3 above Ulqui, I always figured he'd be the top dog. And he is in Segunda Etapa, but it's hard for me to envision the others beating him even without Segunda Etapa lmao

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Another post ay? Well I haven’t read in a couple of days lol, I’m at the point where Octopussy invades with Grimjow and the other Arrancar. Not much to say honestly, this conflict hasn’t been terrible but hasn’t been amazing. Ichigo vs Grimjow is thus far quite boring, I’m waiting for Grimjow to show me why he’s a fan favorite like